Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I don't know how everyone else plays, but I save the game a lot and I am often loading up a recent saved file after various reasons (I died; I didn't like a roll result; I made a decision I later regretted, etc etc.)

So that results in me having a lot of saved files. LOTS of them. Especially if I am trying different race/class combinations.

As it stands now, saved files have to be deleted one a time. A tiring and cumbersome effort made rather annoying by the fact that I cannot Shift + Click one file and then highlight more than one saved file and then just delete them in bulk.

So...can we have this ability added please?

Shift + Click on one saved file, continuing to hold down Shift and then click another file, and all saved files in between are highlighted and I can click Delete or X and get rid of everything that is highlighted.

Thank you!

journeyman
journeyman
I like this idea.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Siliconhobbit

Shift + Click on one saved file, continuing to hold down Shift and then click another file, and all saved files in between are highlighted and I can click Delete or X and get rid of everything that is highlighted.

I agree with this idea 100%

K
K
being able to edit the name of a save other than during the initial save would be nice as well.

vel Offline
+1 yes really need this. Helps on PC, critical on Stadia where save file space is severely limited.

veteran
veteran
Yeah I just tried to batch delete from my steam folder outside the game, but they're being saved in the cloud I guess. So the only way to get rid of them is to manually delete the saves 1 by 1.

I'm the kind of player that tends to wipe saves periodically as a way of trying to get invested in a new character in a second or third playthrough. But I think that'd probably take like 20 minutes in the carpal tunnel to do right now, so I just have a ton. Creating a new session seems to be the most convenient way to blank slate it, or to organize saves in a more sensible way by character. But I'd rather I could just nix saves more easily from the main menu.

I also wish I could name/rename the save, since right now all you have to go on is the screenshot and the area/time description. Just feels kinda clunk for something we interact with pretty constantly with each load.

C
CMF Offline
C
You can have steam stop syncing with cloud, delete your save files, then load game, then sync with cloud again while game is up to stop it from downloading files as you start the game
Or just keep it unsynced

Last edited by CMF; 22/10/20 05:22 AM.
addict
addict
This. You couldn't in OS2 either if i remember correctly which was a pain.

No I don't wanna have to go through steam clouds syncs or going through directory. QoL improvements Larian, pls.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by Siliconhobbit
I don't know how everyone else plays, but I save the game a lot and I am often loading up a recent saved file after various reasons (I died; I didn't like a roll result; I made a decision I later regretted, etc etc.)

So that results in me having a lot of saved files. LOTS of them. Especially if I am trying different race/class combinations.

As it stands now, saved files have to be deleted one a time. A tiring and cumbersome effort made rather annoying by the fact that I cannot Shift + Click one file and then highlight more than one saved file and then just delete them in bulk.

So...can we have this ability added please?

Thank you!

C drive > documents > larian studios > Baulder's gate 3>Player profiles > choose your profile name here >save games > story DELETE AWAY!

It also sucks not being in game too, i should mention that.

Last edited by Okidoki; 22/10/20 07:35 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard