Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
cal1s Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
For someone who grew up in the early 90s with games like "Eye of the Beholder", "Eye of the Beholder 2", "Baldur's Gate", "Baldur's Gate 2", "Neverwinter Nights" etc, I was very much looking forward to BG3. But, I admit I had my doubts and didn't really believe Larian could pull it off and deliver a true BG (Forgotten Realms) game.

I was dead wrong.

Anyone who enters the Underdark in this Early Access will probably understand what I mean.

That place is one of the best designed "dungeons" I have ever seen. The atmosphere, the looks, the sounds, the music ... is just incredible. Now I have no doubts anymore that Larian was indeed the right choice for BG3.

Here is my official apoligy to Larian. I am sorry I doubted you guys. Not only am I extremly happy with what I have seen so far (50h into the game and still not finished)- You have truly gotten a new fanboy ...

Keep up the amazing work guys.

This game is probably going in the direction of becoming the next legend in the Forgotten Realms universe ...

*bows*

ps: sorry for my english i'm no native

Last edited by cal1s; 22/10/20 03:19 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm not anywhere near close to you in terms of how far along, but yeah, some of the atmosphere is amazing.

Love the swamp; and the "swamp".

It looks like it will be a great game when finished. I thoroughly enjoyed playing through what they got right now. Ultimately it will be a fun game to play with friends regardless of what they end up putting in the game

apprentice
apprentice
They nailed the Underdark. I’m a huge fan already of this game and it’s act 1!?

If they toss in some Bhaal theme I’m sold 100%

addict
addict
Only tiptoed into the underdark twice & got my arse handed to me at level 3....im level 4 now & wiped out the goblins & now in the hags lair ..after that ill go underdark too - bloody brilliant fun I agree 100% - it can only get better from here with all the feedback - not that I agree with all of it...

It makes no difference how the underdark is if the game is critially flawed in so many ways.

N
old hand
old hand
N
It pains me somehow to see so many complains in this forum about the game where so much production value has been put to it and shows at every single corner your party explores. The details, the atmosphere, especially when you put the camera over your shoulders, are incredible. And it's only an early access.

Swen said in an interview Act 2 is the biggest area in the game. But when I see what we get in Act 1 only, after 100+ hours playing it, I am confident in the fact BG3 is gonna be just plain awesome. So a big thank you, Larian, from one of your many fans since DOS 1.

And I surely must add I played baldur's gate 1 & 2, Neverwinter nights 1 & 2 when they came out back in the day.

Last edited by Nyanko; 22/10/20 07:17 AM.
You don't explore anything the game has no fog of war and you can look over walls half the time even seeing enemies in the next room... Finding secrets is found by a dice roll... The game is just poor in so many ways its hard to even figure out where it goes right.

veteran
veteran
My opinion on the underdark is far from yours but that's maybe because of the camera. I actually find this map and it's structure impossible to understand.
There are too much verticality, and verticality doesn't work well atm because of the camera.

I also hope we won't only have such vertical maps because it won't feel natural but that's another point.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 22/10/20 07:26 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
T
stranger
stranger
T
Well the Underdark is a perfect place for some verticality...

I think it's brilliant honestly. Most gorgeous and atmospheric dungeon I've ever explored in a RPG. Of course the game still has many flaws but its potential is undeniable.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Guys, it's an early access with a span of at least one year. So give it time to breath. It's not perfect yet, and it's normal. All we are saying is it's already shaping really great and we like it a lot. No need to put too much salt here.

Everyone who did DOS 1 & 2 EAs know what I am talking about.

Last edited by Nyanko; 22/10/20 08:47 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
True, some of the game's atmosphere is very good... now let's hope the writing and mechanics can catch up.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard