Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TheHero Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
And i thought all Vampires hate the stench and taste of Garlic. That i can shoo them away with it.
But no, i gave Astarion 4 Garlic Onions and he happily ate them and was gaining Lifepoints back from them. +4 for each. And no words from him about Garlic beeing gruesome.

Somthings wrong here ;-)

Last edited by TheHero; 22/10/20 12:55 PM.
Haha first thing I did too. Also monster Hunter has 5 garlic bulbs on him. Must be an oversight - or tadpole.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Have you never read Pterry Pratchett's Carpe Jugulum?

Astarion has obviously trained himself to like garlic. I mean, who doesn't?

stranger
stranger
Sorry if this may contain spoilers! I am new to this forum.

Vampire spawns in D&D 5e have immune to garlic smile

The Vampire has the following flaws:
Forbiddance. The Vampire can't enter a residence without an invitation from one of the occupants.
Harmed by Running Water. The Vampire takes 20 acid damage when it ends its turn in running water.
Stake to the Heart. The Vampire is destroyed if a piercing weapon made of wood is driven into its heart while it is Incapacitated in its Resting place.
Sunlight Hypersensitivity. The Vampire takes 20 radiant damage when it starts its turn in sunlight. While in sunlight, it has disadvantage on Attack rolls and Ability Checks.

So I suppose, a tadpole only works for sunlight and some freedom from his master

enthusiast
enthusiast
As anyone tried shoving a wooden stake through his heart to see if the tadpole offers protection from that? wink

old hand
old hand
Even though it isn't a mechanic, its a missed opportunity, and that concerns me more.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
D
old hand
old hand
D
He dident seem immume to the necrotic aura from Gale when Gale got tossed in a cliff and his body was teleported next to him in camp...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Luxoria

Forbiddance. The Vampire can't enter a residence without an invitation from one of the occupants.
Harmed by Running Water. The Vampire takes 20 acid damage when it ends its turn in running water.
Stake to the Heart. The Vampire is destroyed if a piercing weapon made of wood is driven into its heart while it is Incapacitated in its Resting place.
Sunlight Hypersensitivity. The Vampire takes 20 radiant damage when it starts its turn in sunlight. While in sunlight, it has disadvantage on Attack rolls and Ability Checks.

So I suppose, a tadpole only works for sunlight and some freedom from his master

I think Astarion mentions during the game that he can also go inside houses uninvited, and that it's unusual

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
O
journeyman
journeyman
O

Astarion does mention those.

He mentions "i dont know if i can enter houses" or something of that nature in conversation, and "i supposed i can just enter uninvited" if you enter the hags.
He says water still stings
He mentions being out in the sun since....a long time ago and that someone has rewritten the rules.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S

Also forbiddance, maybe. Although you can construe some of the hags words as an invitation, and Astarion may just be too thick to realize he was invited in. Or that the Hag does not count as a person.

S
addict
addict
S
These are the details that makes for good roleplaying moments. Good catch.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Abits

I think Astarion mentions during the game that he can also go inside houses uninvited, and that it's unusual

Yep sure, I've just forgot about it smile

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
YOu can heal Astarion by feeding him vegetables - I found that vastly amusing. grin

Astarion DOES take damage from running water though....when I walked him through the stream in the Owlbear cave, he started taking damage. :-o

Link Copied to Clipboard