Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
D
old hand
old hand
D
Submitted smile

Re Matt Mercer as DM, id be afraid of the Mercer effect tbh.

Playing a dnd video game isent playing pnp dnd. You cant put the depth of a tabletop rpg in a video game, but theyre getting awfully close smile

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Sludge Khalid
Originally Posted by Orbax
I didn't understand the targeting system question. Took it!

Targeting system works like this -you pick a fight in the goblin city, everyone that can see you will attack you without being near the fight. Breaking immersion in my opinion but that doesn’t matter. I want strictly to share the community opinion (mine can be biased)

Thank you!

Actually you formed it bad here. If they see you attacking someone then it makes sense for them to join the fight. You mean situation where they join fight only because they share location in general, but by logic shouldn't as they have no information what is happening.

For me it seems to be bug to be honest and needs fixing. I played with it quite a lot and inside the temple most fights work properly with exception to main hall and hobgoblin Boss (everyone just becomes instantly hostile when he dies no matter what. When stealth killing Drow isn't problem at all). Most times only small group which was taking part in action joins fight and then they try to start the alarm, so they run to the nearest drums. I had no problems with stealth killing 2 goblins that try to push guy into spiders nest without alarm, same for Spike and Shaman. Sometimes it even goes nice like in case of goblin that talk about Wyll and ways to kill him, the ones in next room will join the fight if by chance they will notice it mostly by coming too close to hole in the wall and seeing the fight.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by Okidoki
Great changes made from the previous version Sludge.

Make age brackets. Under 12, 12-17, 18-24 things like that. This makes the information phase easier when you can say The people from the ages of _ and _ generally thought this.

A simple yes or no answer for many of your questions in the end is not enough if you want to gather meaningful data.
I suggest using, at the very least, a scale like your other questions.

When it comes down to your questions regarding "problems" in the game may i suggest turning it into a yes no question asking if you have noticed or encountered it.
Then follow up with a question asking their opinions, if they say no, they can skip the opinion question. The last thing you want to do is skew your answers by forcing someone to answer a question when they have not seen the issue.

Your questioning order is actually really good,

Okidoki, thank you for your feedback! Market research is a thing I do for living for about 8 years and I agree with your comments on how to handle some of that questions. In my defense I'll say that GoogleForms is so limited as a tool for market research that I was too lazy to build the best question for every ocasion frown

Oh i wholeheartedly agree. I would be lazy too if i were in your situation.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
If you could share a mug of beer with Swen, what would you suggest?
4 responses
Hire Matthew Mercer
Die ene kroeg naast het Gravensteen, Barbartje halen.
Focus on the journey
Paulaner Original Munich

I was the Paulaner vote because I couldn't think of a good IPA on the spot. Damn the pressure!

D
old hand
old hand
D
If you could share a mug of beer with Swen, what would you suggest?
4 responses
Hire Matthew Mercer
Die ene kroeg naast het Gravensteen, Barbartje halen.
Focus on the journey
Paulaner Original Munich

goddamnit that 2nd reply xD

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Dear all, the report will be always in the first page of the post

that's how you gonna see it in charts.

You can access the PDF using this link as well,

https://smallpdf.com/shared#st=29e9df3c-d751-4a73-b2ca-1c80537688e2&fn=Baldur%27s+Gate+3+-+Early+Access+-+Survey.pdf&ct=1603398917421&tl=share-document&rf=link

Had to answer 5s for the 5e questions since it wouldn't allow a submission without answering. Otherwise survey looks to show a lot of work is needed. Also Vodka guy knows what's up.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by DZs7
I didn't understand the targeting system question. Took it!

Targeting system works like this -you pick a fight in the goblin city, everyone that can see you will attack you without being near the fight. Breaking immersion in my opinion but that doesn’t matter. I want strictly to share the community opinion (mine can be biased)

Thank you!

Actually you formed it bad here. If they see you attacking someone then it makes sense for them to join the fight. You mean situation where they join fight only because they share location in general, but by logic shouldn't as they have no information what is happening.

For me it seems to be bug to be honest and needs fixing. I played with it quite a lot and inside the temple most fights work properly with exception to main hall and hobgoblin Boss (everyone just becomes instantly hostile when he dies no matter what. When stealth killing Drow isn't problem at all). Most times only small group which was taking part in action joins fight and then they try to start the alarm, so they run to the nearest drums. I had no problems with stealth killing 2 goblins that try to push guy into spiders nest without alarm, same for Spike and Shaman. Sometimes it even goes nice like in case of goblin that talk about Wyll and ways to kill him, the ones in next room will join the fight if by chance they will notice it mostly by coming too close to hole in the wall and seeing the fight.

To put it another way, because I don't know if we are disagreeing - If you attack 5 goblins in the courtyard and another 5 are drunk 150 feet away 50 feet above you, the goblins you just attacked would yell out "we're under attack!" on their turn and perception rolls would be made by the other group that doesn't have LOS to the melee yet to see if they heard it. If they did hear it, the enter initiative as surprise round, and the ones that didnt hear it, enter in the round after. The drums would summon interior goblins, etc. The stealthing thing is OP no matter where you do it as you can shoot the same person 5 times in a row until they die and combat never starts, so I wouldn't use it as a measure of threat scope mechanics as you never generate threat that way.

What you are talking about for the interior is correct, they were largely isolated events. The gnoll fight, outside goblin camp, and interior of dungeon had some issues with a mass initiative from people who wouldn't probably join in for at least a round. The threat scope just needs some tweaking for LOS and hearing range and what it means exactly. a fireball going off 100 feet away from the throne room should probably be picked up, regardless of LOS. They don't do patrol work and threat detection very well beyond stealth or not and then a defined group that will enter into combat per area.

But, I don't want to clog this thread down with it, should probably make a new one about the issue to go more into it. I just wasn't quite sure initially whether or not the 1-10 was saying it was working like it should or not.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Jesus, that agreement about disengage as a bonus. Glad to see we're not purely in an echo-chamber were the vocal people are drowning things out-but 50% agreement on the lowest end the scale...Whoa.

If people disagree, by the by, be sure to reply. I'm seeing stuff I was surprised at. And people seem much more neutral on companion interactions so far than I thought-which is good to see.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Added my two cents to the poll.

Not sure I fully understood what you meant by this question though.
"On a scale from 0 to 10 how would you rate the D&D5e interpretation of Baldur's Gate 3 rules (only answer if you are familiar with the rules)"

Seems it should be the other way around, rate the BG3 interpretation of 5e.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Good Job putting this together. Wish Larian would have put something out of their own. Feel like this is a good way to get an honest birds eye view of feedback without having to read through several pages of arguments.

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Duriel15
Added my two cents to the poll.

Not sure I fully understood what you meant by this question though.
"On a scale from 0 to 10 how would you rate the D&D5e interpretation of Baldur's Gate 3 rules (only answer if you are familiar with the rules)"

Seems it should be the other way around, rate the BG3 interpretation of 5e.

Yeah you are right! I did yoda stile. I’ve rephrased it so I guess now we’re free of misunderstandings.

Thank you for the feedback

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by WinterbornGuard
Good Job putting this together. Wish Larian would have put something out of their own. Feel like this is a good way to get an honest birds eye view of feedback without having to read through several pages of arguments.

I work with marketing, mainly focused in business intelligence. There’s a marketing rule that any launching you’d ever do you need to run a market research - before (concept study) - during (product positioning) - and after (campaign recall).

That’s not a criticism directly toward Larian only, but what I see in gaming industry is this lack of knowledge about customers in general. That’s why many companies fails to impress their clients and I’m just doing that because this name have a tremendous weight in my life. Otherwise I wouldn’t bother.

What i really wanted is a piece of art that I’ll share with my kids in the future. So far, I’m not impressed at all.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Thanks for putting that together. As another noted would be nice if Larian had a similar thing stickied somewhere. Feel like it gives a much clearer visual representation of where the community stands on things than you get going through the forum topics.

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Duriel15
Thanks for putting that together. As another noted would be nice if Larian had a similar thing stickied somewhere. Feel like it gives a much clearer visual representation of where the community stands on things than you get going through the forum topics.

Yeah! Wish I was filling their questionnaire. But from what we’ve seen in DoS that’s not a practice

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
-UPDATE REPORT-

REPORT (61 respondents) - 12p.p error margin so far - Please, aid us to reach 500 respondents at least to get a 4p.p error margin

https://docdro.id/zrNuDMX

WORDCLOUDS

Now, whats the first word that comes to your mind when you think about BG3 battle system?
https://ibb.co/TLb7gcf

Now, whats the first word that comes to your mind when you think about BG3 graphics?
https://ibb.co/0sDBmv3

Now, whats the first word that comes to your mind when you think about BG3 story?
https://ibb.co/7nPVhZF

journeyman
journeyman
Only 61 response, but no matter how many responses you get I think the overwhelming majority will agree that the chain mechanic and item management suck.

The chain mechanic is just a lesser solution for the RTS mechanic developed 30 years ago- Larian should admit it and move on. Item management will be fundamentally broken until you can interact with equipped items while also looking at inventory. They can still have a screen with the dolls, but at least make a small section under character portraits on the inventory screen that shows what each character has equipped.

old hand
old hand
When I went to the wordcloud I got an ad for an adult game...

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
When I went to the wordcloud I got an ad for an adult game...

I accept suggestions of websites that I can use to host the results. Those free services are really bad

vel Offline
@Sludge Khalid thanks so much for putting this survey together. When you have more responses, please endeavor to get Larian to at least see/read it, i.e. send via Twitter, email, all the forums etc.

The survey questions are clearly biased towards 5e purists. I agree with most of the leading questions though. They really need to drop some of the homebrew rules especially imbalances with elevation advantage, surfaces, throwables.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard