Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2020
Sozz Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Is it possible to do this deal with Wyl's Eye? Either the sending stone one or the original you can reclaim from Spike?

I haven't done a lot of testing but having the eye in your inventory doesn't change anything and speaking to her with Wyl doesn't bring up the option to make a deal. I'm just wondering if someone else has already proven this impossible or not.

Edited

thanks to Mythago for this insight

Originally Posted by Mythago


I actually tried this by downloading a mod that allows you to play as an origin character (quite buggy and incomplete, which is obviously why it's not selectable yet).

I chose Wyll and beelined to meet Aunth Ethel. When she offered the deal, she immediately corrected herself, saying something like "Oh, you don't have an eye to spare. The deal is off."


Last edited by Sozz; 23/10/20 05:55 PM. Reason: added Mythago's quote
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
If you are a wizard you can point out to her that she is trying to cast the Hag's Eye spell on your eye (you can even find a Hag's Eye amulet somewhere in her hut), to which she replies that you get to keep your eye in your socket as she has no intention of turning it into an amulet. I think that she turns it into a Sending Stone like Mizora did to Wyll's eye, but that does not account for the possibility of you Sparta kicking her into that pit where Mayrina is. If you kill her in her hut though her corpse hints that she can just revive herself in a later Act.

Joined: Oct 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
If you are a wizard you can point out to her that she is trying to cast the Hag's Eye spell on your eye (you can even find a Hag's Eye amulet somewhere in her hut), to which she replies that you get to keep your eye in your socket as she has no intention of turning it into an amulet. I think that she turns it into a Sending Stone like Mizora did to Wyll's eye, but that does not account for the possibility of you Sparta kicking her into that pit where Mayrina is. If you kill her in her hut though her corpse hints that she can just revive herself in a later Act.


That explains the portal to the underdark in her hut


Last edited by cal1s; 22/10/20 08:26 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Sozz Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by cal1s
If you are a wizard you can point out to her that she is trying to cast the Hag's Eye spell on your eye (you can even find a Hag's Eye amulet somewhere in her hut), to which she replies that you get to keep your eye in your socket as she has no intention of turning it into an amulet. I think that she turns it into a Sending Stone like Mizora did to Wyll's eye, but that does not account for the possibility of you Sparta kicking her into that pit where Mayrina is. If you kill her in her hut though her corpse hints that she can just revive herself in a later Act.


To be clear, I was thinking more of this as a way to dupe her, in similar way all deals with her are undone by a legalistic interpretation of the deal.

Originally Posted by Vhaldez


That explains the portal to the underdark in her hut



I'm not sure what you mean. What's the connection?

Last edited by Sozz; 22/10/20 09:00 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Oct 2020
I recall the devs sayin that the Underdark is/can be/should a part of Act 2. So if the Hag will return, maybe will do so thru her portal to the Underdark

Joined: Sep 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Sep 2020
I actually like the hag, would let her take my eye and keep on pleasing her. She seems likely to reciprocate that later in the game, much more so than a devil would, and the eye might get buffed later on.


Pure Chaotic Neutral I am, I do what would seem to be to my best benefit.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 23/10/20 12:27 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Sozz Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
I actually like the hag, would let her take my eye and keep on pleasing her. She seems likely to reciprocate that later in the game, much more so than a devil would, and the eye might get buffed later on.


Pure Chaotic Neutral I am, I do what would seem to be to my best benefit.


For a pure Chaotic Neutral you seem to have a lot of faith in some kind of transactional reciprocity.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Originally Posted by cal1s
I recall the devs sayin that the Underdark is/can be/should a part of Act 2. So if the Hag will return, maybe will do so thru her portal to the Underdark

On the other hand, if you take Underdark route to those moonlight towers (or something like that) is seem pretty obvious, it would be incredibly sad if in Act two underdark contained only stairs to surface. -_-


I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Sep 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Sep 2020
Originally Posted by Sozz
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
I actually like the hag, would let her take my eye and keep on pleasing her. She seems likely to reciprocate that later in the game, much more so than a devil would, and the eye might get buffed later on.


Pure Chaotic Neutral I am, I do what would seem to be to my best benefit.


For a pure Chaotic Neutral you seem to have a lot of faith in some kind of transactional reciprocity.


Building bridges and making alliances with powerful things and all that.

Joined: Oct 2020
D
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
D
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf


Building bridges and making alliances with powerful things and all that.


Yeah sounds very lawful to me...

Joined: Oct 2020
Sozz Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by cal1s
I recall the devs sayin that the Underdark is/can be/should a part of Act 2. So if the Hag will return, maybe will do so thru her portal to the Underdark


Originally Posted by Vhaldez
If you are a wizard you can point out to her that she is trying to cast the Hag's Eye spell on your eye (you can even find a Hag's Eye amulet somewhere in her hut), to which she replies that you get to keep your eye in your socket as she has no intention of turning it into an amulet. I think that she turns it into a Sending Stone like Mizora did to Wyll's eye, but that does not account for the possibility of you Sparta kicking her into that pit where Mayrina is. If you kill her in her hut though her corpse hints that she can just revive herself in a later Act.



Correct me if I'm wrong but there are some letters in the Ethel's inner sanctum that are correspondences with a sister, so instead of her reappearing it could be that we'll be meeting another Hag with how we dealt with Ethel affecting how she views us.

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Sozz
Is it possible to do this deal with Wyl's Eye? Either the sending stone one or the original you can reclaim from Spike?

I haven't done a lot of testing but having the eye in your inventory doesn't change anything and speaking to her with Wyl doesn't bring up the option to make a deal. I'm just wondering if someone else has already proven this impossible or not.


I actually tried this by downloading a mod that allows you to play as an origin character (quite buggy and incomplete, which is obviously why it's not selectable yet).

I chose Wyll and beelined to meet Aunth Ethel. When she offered the deal, she immediately corrected herself, saying something like "Oh, you don't have an eye to spare. The deal is off."

Joined: Sep 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Sep 2020
Originally Posted by Dinvan
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf


Building bridges and making alliances with powerful things and all that.


Yeah sounds very lawful to me...


Nah, lawful would mean 'legal'.

Joined: Oct 2020
Sozz Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
Originally Posted by Dinvan
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf


Building bridges and making alliances with powerful things and all that.


Yeah sounds very lawful to me...


Nah, lawful would mean 'legal'.


So I guess the mafia is a chaotic, anything goes type of organization, then.

Last edited by Sozz; 23/10/20 07:11 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Sozz Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Mythago
Originally Posted by Sozz
Is it possible to do this deal with Wyl's Eye? Either the sending stone one or the original you can reclaim from Spike?

I haven't done a lot of testing but having the eye in your inventory doesn't change anything and speaking to her with Wyl doesn't bring up the option to make a deal. I'm just wondering if someone else has already proven this impossible or not.


I actually tried this by downloading a mod that allows you to play as an origin character (quite buggy and incomplete, which is obviously why it's not selectable yet).

I chose Wyll and beelined to meet Aunth Ethel. When she offered the deal, she immediately corrected herself, saying something like "Oh, you don't have an eye to spare. The deal is off."


Thank you! that's great,
so Wyl characters don't even get the option
, cool.

Last edited by Sozz; 23/10/20 05:51 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5