Next Thread
Print Thread
#713003 22/10/20 11:50 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Anyone else unsure how reactions work? I cast hellish rebuke and it added a reaction option, but won't activate it when i get attacked.

old hand
old hand
It works as it should for me, incinerates loads of dumb goblins that try to attack Wyll.

A
stranger
stranger
A
It's buggy as hell. Don't use it against any enemy that can knock you back or inflict prone - it completely bugs out against those. It also sometimes bugs out against enemies that make multiple attacks. I've also seen it inexplicably fail against the phase spider matriarch for no apparent reason (the animation plays and it's used, it just does no damage).

old hand
old hand
Hmmm I just used it any time enemies got close to Wyll instead of pulling him away and boom! Dead goblin next turn.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 23/10/20 12:29 AM.
Originally Posted by Scrafuffle
Anyone else unsure how reactions work? I cast hellish rebuke and it added a reaction option, but won't activate it when i get attacked.

You have to actually be struck for it to work. Misses won't trigger it. Here is the spell text: "The next time you take damage, you use your reaction to surround you attacker in hellish flames that deal 2d10 Fire."

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard