Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#713943 23/10/20 03:34 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I would like to see a return of the selection mechanic from BG1&2, instead of the clunky chain/unchain mechanic that is currently in-game.

Currently, I am forced to spend an unreasonable amount of time yanking my party apart, and dragging and dropping them into groups, when it would be simple enough to drag the square, select who I want, and proceed.

Additionally, when I have one party member in stealth and don't unchain him, he moves independently; however if he fails a stealth check, the ENTIRE party comes running to his side, even without being given a move command. It can get pretty frustrating.

Finally, once you are done with the combat or puzzle or whatever caused you to break up your party, you must spend more time getting your party back into a large group by dragging and dropping.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: IF this has been suggested before, I apologize! I couldn't find it anywhere.

Last edited by Draekore; 23/10/20 03:40 PM. Reason: Words are hard
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
+1 Fully agree,

I would also add a change to how jump/platforming works now. Its lengthy to individually jump each party member one at a time over small chasms and water hazards. Let us select the whole group to do that with at once. Otherwise the cool new jumping mechanic is going to be the tedious, time consuming annoyance instead.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Yes, it is being discussed. 🙂

I'm right there with you!

Link Copied to Clipboard