Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
apprentice
apprentice
Unless I can import my ToB save, team up with my CHARNAME and romance Jaheira again, it will never be BG:3 to me, it will always be just "BG: And Now This".

However,

Add the rolling for stats system (I am aware they are currently working on this). I miss those days where I spend XX minutes rolling for stats over and over again before deciding to recall the stats I had stored earlier.

Boy, this is taking this nostalgia thing way too far, dude, I mean, like, really? It's not like in BG:3 you need and want to spend hours to roll stats for a fighter/mage who is able to romance Saerileth, right?

Last edited by TimVanBeek; 24/10/20 08:54 PM.
D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by TimVanBeek
Unless I can import my ToB save, team up with my CHARNAME and romance Jaheira again, it will never be BG:3 to me, it will always be just "BG: And Now This".

Think you are just going to be dissapointed then...

Last edited by Demoulius; 24/10/20 09:06 PM. Reason: typo
A
stranger
stranger
A
The passage of time might be a problem. Where would you even go with a ToB character? Being a lvl24 or whatever living god doesn't exactly make a good starting point for any story. Nerfing you back to lv1 would also be very much disliked. Better to start with a new character, in the same continuity and area, with new stories to tell.

W
stranger
stranger
W

• Have up to six possible characters in a team
    I know this is doable, since it was modded in DoS II and this is the same engine.
  • Have some controls that affect the whole team or a selection of characters
    Like activate sneaking or having two or more chars attacking the same target
  • Overhaul the ammunition system to fire normal / +1, +X / fire / acid arrows (or stunning / lightning / +X bolts) based on what's in a quiver.
    Surely it could be possible to do a sneak attack with a fire arrow
    (and don't call me shirley)
  • Have some more "default" commoners in the game, just minding their own business and not having a lot in the likes of conversation (apart from "I need some ale" obviously)
    And add a Noober-like guy somewhere?
  • Don't beef goblins and others to have more hit points / actions / .. over what they're expected to have to add difficulty. Just add more of them in a single encounter.
  • Add Kobold (commandos), xvarts, gibberlings, tasloi, (dire / dread vampiric) wolves, ...

Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae - J. Caesar, De Bello Gallico
addict
addict
Agree of all points with OP.

Bringing items from old gamse is also an awesome idea.

apprentice
apprentice
If anything they should make it more like Divinity and Dragon age. BG1&2 is too old and too irrelevant. Just use BG lore and nothing else.

C
stranger
stranger
C
My biggest issue is that there needs to be a 6 person party.

Like, I don't want DOS3, I want BG3.

Also getting some throwbacks to BG1/2 characters would be great. Even if they can't be recruited, I'd still like to meet some of the iconic people that made Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate.

I really don't care for the Origin style characters from DOS2 either. The jury may be out on this in general but I'll never touch them. BG had a great story for your character, and that would be just absolutely totally fine here too.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard