Next Thread
Print Thread
#714795 24/10/20 05:14 AM
X
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
X
First, for being EA and the state it is in, I am very impressed. I've been blessed with no crashed and only expected glitches that are already known.

I do have one suggestion/request so far involving controls and camera. Can there be a follow mode implemented with a hotkey toggle?

Details:
I have mapped my keys for camera control. WASD are default. Q is rotate right, and E is rotate left. I remapped Equipment to Z. It was unused like Q. (Why rotate is by Home and End makes no sense to me.)
What this allows me to do is "drive" the camera. Q turns Left, E turns right, and A and D Strafe.

Anyone who has played NWN or NWN2 (or many other RPG's) can see where I am going with this. If I can lock the camera in follow mode, I can "drive" my character and it give more of a 3rd person immersion affect. To be honest, I like 3rd person. i.e. Skyrim, Fallout, etc. It pulls me in a little more. It lets me see the whole world the developers created, and not just the ground and terrain. I know it is my gameplay style, but there may be others. I can move my character but use my mouse for clicking on other things or scanning objects to see if they highlight.

A hotkey toggle for the camera would be needed since this is a very deliberate game. You do need to pan ahead, get a tactical view, or just combat itself would not work without a free tactical camera.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I also loved the "drive" mode in NWN2! The over-the-shoulder view in BG3 is nice, but not usable during exploration IMO.

I also hate how the center camera function rotates the camera to North instead of the direction the character is facing.

Link Copied to Clipboard