Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Originally Posted by Raffone
If you fight the Spectator with the drow the difficulty drastically changes.
You have a chance to fight him alone, but you have to get to the solution of the problem before the fight: it's kinda a reward for a smart thought

Out of interest, how are you supposed to fight without the drow? As soon as combat starts he starts to remove petrification

I saw people talking about using the basilisk poison on the drows to remove their petrification. I didn't tried to tho', so I can't give you any advise about it.

D
old hand
old hand
D
I tried that as well at first but they attack you. And dident have enough for all of em 😂

journeyman
journeyman
I noticed when I fought the Spectator with the Drow, the Commander it un-petrified did not fight for it. So I gained another ally for that fight... at least until it was dead. wink

Yeah, I also tried un-petrifying one to see if they'd help me. Didn't go so well... but at least you can destroy the statues beforehand if you're careful.

stranger
stranger
I was greatly upset that they immediately attacked me as my Drow Lolthite cleric, instead of asking me what the heck was going on after their charm/petrification combo ended. Would've been really nice for me to have a chance of recruiting a squad of trained drow warriors to serve under my evil cleric.

C
CMF Offline
C
I am not a stickler for 5e rules, BUT....I did feel that constantly "helping" downed allies pulled a lot of pressure off my team and allowed me to push through a few fights.

What seems to be the case is the enemies target the lowest hp/ac targets first while sometimes targeting the closest target to them. If I have a character with low AC but then I cast mirror images or mage armor, they tend to back off them and target other characters. Also if a character is at 1 hp they hard focus them (constant down and help cycle that allows the rest of my allies to keep fighting and hope the enemy misses the next turn so I can heal the 1hp target).

Combat AI probably needs tuning to be more dynamic.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard