Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
i have bought both baldurs gate 3 and Solasta Crown of the Magister , and played through all the early access content of both games, i am also a big Fan of the baldurs gate 2 und Divinity Original Sin 2 .
Solasta ist not bad, i found the most interesting Setting in it is the Illumination, you need Illumination to find the hidden Things , and it really affacts the Combat, you have to use the worse Dice if the enimy stands in the shadow, and so you have to sacrifice a Hand to held the Torch if you havnt chose the Illumination Magic, and you are easier to be hit if you held the torch , it brings so much uncertainty and tactical thought during the Combat, really Cool Disign.
i believe, that is also a DND Rule, which we really should have in Baldurs Gate3 , otherwise , i really cant tell much deference between BG3 and Divinity OS2

sorry i havent notice the Lighting Rules ist already implemented ,thanks Zellin mentioned below, but that is also a Problem, my new sugguestion ist on 3rd Post.

Last edited by Cloud747; 24/10/20 11:46 PM.
addict
addict
And here we go again... The game already has lighting rules implemented. Take a closer look at your advantages/disadvantages tooltip next time.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
thank you , i have reviewed my saves , it really does ,sorry!
but in an other way , it means , the game doesnt show the Effect of Illumination well!
1. the shadow situation is really rare , most of the scenes are very good illumnated , under Sun or Unter Lighting, so we dont face the Illumination Situation much.
2. the Negative Effects of the shadow is so small , i never noticed it , i can hit it even with my priest.
3. the game should tell us , how much is the negative effect , so that we can make a tactical Thought , only a tool tip to mention it is not cool, and i have igored this Negative effects all the time throught the gameplay , and it made me no problem , that is not right ! it should make Combat difficult,if i ignore a cricital factor.

so i would like to suggest : decrease the Illumination Range of the Light source , show the detail Negative effect on the Tooltip, and i hope this negative effect is a important issue for Rang Attackers.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
More shadow areas are not especially wanted, since there are many actually : all the underdark for example, and most crypts are not illuminated, and when they are it's with candles that are easily dimmable.

Plus it will give a bit too much incentives about taking darkvision-capable races, beside the fact half of them already have it (including most monsters as well).

But, speaking about visibility of those effects, I wish for a tactical view, for example with the SHIFT key, that can show precisely bright/dark/obscured areas limits ; it's very important tactically speaking, especially when trying to ambush/sneak, and even in combat (to know if a move can bring you into light AND enemy view for instance).

Plus, showing precise limits for surfaces is absolutely vital in this game : you absolutely want to know where to jump to avoid fire effects without having to mouse-over them to know ; visual effects that are spread everywhere are not helping either.
Same could be said for special areas like Darkness or Fog, since it's not always clear where you are inside or not (limits are naturally blurred and not always easy to read).

Last edited by FenrisC; 25/10/20 10:12 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard