Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So... as a mammal I am 72% sure human females do not lay eggs.
But the Gith do? Hence... they are hatched?

So how do we romance Lae'Zel? Do I just sit on her nest and do a little dance?
I have not watched enough national geographics to know what to do!

journeyman
journeyman
As is the answer to anything dnd... Magic!

Good point tho. However I imagine since
some sages claimed that they were once descended from humans
that they all have the fun parts needed for such acts, they just dont use them when they want to procreate.

stranger
stranger
I think the proper answer involves some kind of dance and status display. Growing a large and colorful tail will help.

Quæ tam fera immanisque natura! ~ Cicero
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Eddiar

And is that really so big difference? :-/
Everything is the same, maybe even exactly the same ... its only happening outside her body. :-/

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
S
S
Well, think of it like this. You do the do as you would IRL. Except, if she's ovulating she pops a squat after and lays an egg instead of carrying it inside her. I'd imagine it'd be rather convenient actually. Never having to worry about giving birth to a huge ass baby and your body getting thrown out of whack.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Heraclea
I think the proper answer involves some kind of dance and status display. Growing a large and colorful tail will help.

Then if you are a tiefling, it's easy cake.

Nah you'll just tuck that egg in your backpack - imagine how much whinning could be avoided in BG2 if Aerie did that wink

Sidenote: OMG maybe the PC is Aerie's baby! Seriously though do we know what's cannon for Bhaalspawn - ascension or renouncement (sorry if that's some sort of common knowledge)?

T
journeyman
journeyman
T

It's like with anything else, you know, you try a few things and see what works. Here's a primer to get you started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTcfDCjBqV0

Last edited by TheOtherTed; 25/10/20 11:13 AM. Reason: splelling
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Azarielle
Nah you'll just tuck that egg in your backpack - imagine how much whinning could be avoided in BG2 if Aerie did that wink

Sidenote: OMG maybe the PC is Aerie's baby! Seriously though do we know what's cannon for Bhaalspawn - ascension or renouncement (sorry if that's some sort of common knowledge)?

Did I missed something? Does winged elves lay eggs?

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."

The exact ending is unknown, but it was probably a renouncement.
In any case, CHARNAME was alive at the time of 1480 DR.
And in 1482 DR CHARNAME was attacked. The attacker's name was Viekang, the only other remaining Bhaalspawn that managed to survive their bloody that ended a century earlier. Vieking attacked his half-brother. The two Bhaalspawn fought one another until one emerged victorious by killing the other. While it was unknown which man died that day, the victor of the battle underwent a gruesome transformation into the avatar of Bhaal known as the Bhaalspawn Slayer. Chaos broke out in the marketplace and many in the crowd were killed.
With all of his children dead, all of Bhaal's essence was freed, allowing for his resurrection. Bhaal was revived, and reclaimed the murder domain from Cyric.

Last edited by BuckettMonkey; 25/10/20 12:40 PM.

Hello there.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Yeah, just about everything that lays eggs on land (birds, reptiles, platypus, etc) has sex. Though in some cases there are two penises instead of one (lizards and snakes) or none at all (most birds).

enthusiast
enthusiast

So how do we romance Lae'Zel? Do I just sit on her nest and do a little dance?

Cloaca

There are 2 egg laying mammals still alive today in the platypus and echidna so it's not a completely unprecedented biological abnormality but I would imagine that githyanki don't have the same equipment most mammals have and instead have a cloaca. As for continuity issues Larian doesn't have a strong wrap sheet so I don't imagine it's an issue for them.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
Originally Posted by Abits

Did I missed something? Does winged elves lay eggs?

Nah she went through pretty much standard pregnancy if you could stomach romancing her - though Korgan's comments almost made it worthwile. Just saying laying eggs fits the adventuring bussines better so the OP should view it as an advantage wink

The two Bhaalspawn fought one another until one emerged victorious by killing the other. While it was unknown which man died that day, the victor of the battle underwent a gruesome transformation into the avatar of Bhaal known as the Bhaalspawn Slayer. Chaos broke out in the marketplace and many in the crowd were killed.
With all of his children dead, all of Bhaal's essence was freed, allowing for his resurrection. Bhaal was revived, and reclaimed the murder domain from Cyric.

Bummer that... but thanks

Last edited by Azarielle; 25/10/20 01:20 PM.

I agree, but it seems to me that it's still better than Viconia's romance epilogue.

Hello there.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Githyanki eggs are fertilised with the humiliated tears of their enemy.

The actual physical part is consequently rather complex but involves a head brace and some hurtful words.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
On a similar note:

Dwarfs are created by bashing another dwarf's anvil with your hammer.

Elves are created from a huge tub of glitter, silk and Abba or folk music CDs.

Halflings emerge from the remains of pies that have been enjoyed by a mummy halfling and daddy halfling who love each other very much.

veteran
veteran

The two Bhaalspawn fought one another until one emerged victorious by killing the other. While it was unknown which man died that day, the victor of the battle underwent a gruesome transformation into the avatar of Bhaal known as the Bhaalspawn Slayer. Chaos broke out in the marketplace and many in the crowd were killed.

Screw that ending they should totally retcon this retcon now that bg3 is coming out

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
mfr Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Heraclea

Luckily, I was not drinking coffee when I read this!

I'm now looking forward to meeting the Red Prince in Act 2.

Someone must have spiked her senna pod drink!
Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Leaked footage of Lae'Zel and PC romance animations.

https://youtu.be/XggUCi1jtz0?t=11

addict
addict
After those posts yesterday about the female companions in the game, I'm terrified as to what this post could potentially turn into.
Also, I'd like for Larian to give us an ending similar to what happens in DOS2 if you keep the "unusual egg" throughout the entire playthrough.
I want a Ferno-esque Githyanki baby following me around in the epilogue.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard