Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
MMK Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
The First
I wish to level up a little more, i wanna see new content, new companions or classes

The Second
Far more later then the First some bugfixes like accidently falling while climbing...

L
addict
addict
L
No.1 I still hear ppl say they can't really play the game ( frequent major crashes). If true then this needs to be fixed asap as they have paid for EA

For me I've only had one complete shutdown and a few major crashes (fixed with reload).

addict
addict
Simple... bring the game closer to 5e rules and fix bugs first and foremost. Following that, more subclasses and classes so we can test them out and maybe raise the level cap to 5 because level 5 is a big change to how combat is going to play out.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by LostSoul
No.1 I still hear ppl say they can't really play the game ( frequent major crashes). If true then this needs to be fixed asap as they have paid for EA

For me I've only had one complete shutdown and a few major crashes (fixed with reload).

Vulkan crashes on startup for me. DX11 runs fine on lowest and is tolerable on ultra so long as everything is loaded in, before then my FPS is in the single digits. DOS2 ran perfectly fine with a consistent 60 FPS on ultra...

veteran
veteran
Classes sure ...
Companions maybe ...
Content ... this is tricky one, bcs everything is content ... but if you mean new locations or story ... no chance.
There is little chance for some sidequests tho (for example that stuned druid in secret passage us quite unused), but i presume that chance is also pretty small.
Same as level ... that one seem almost impossible, since we were multiple times and repeatly warned about level cap in EA ... i presume that is safe to expect level cap in EA. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
S
Banned
Banned
S
Optimization.

My decent rig cant run this smoothly on medium settings. Ive had only one or two crashes but the freezes are constant. On DX11 too. Druid Grove is the worst, Waukeens rest and near the bridge with Gith patrol, a few places inside Goblin/Selune main temple, but there are some spattered all around. More on the outside but in the inside areas as well. And these freezes happen more often the longer i play so, it looks like a memory leak of some kind.

Its not a problem on my side, the same rig runs Witcher 3 and Doom Eternal very nicely on high and very high settings, at HD native resolution. Fresh Windows install, all clean and new, all drivers up to the wazoo.

It would be very nice if we could get some optimization in the next patch or two.

Last edited by Surface R; 25/10/20 11:55 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Surface R
Optimization.

My decent rig cant run this smoothly on medium settings. Ive had only one or two crashes but the freezes are constant. On DX11 too. Druid Grove is the worst, Waukeens rest and near the bridge with Gith patrol, a few places inside Goblin/Selune main temple, but there are some spattered all around. More on the outside but in the inside areas as well. And these freezes happen more often the longer i play so, it looks like a memory leak of some kind.

Its not a problem on my side, the same rig runs Witcher 3 and Doom Eternal very nicely on high and very high settings, at HD native resolution. Fresh Windows install, all clean and new, all drivers up to the wazoo.

It would be very nice if we could get some optimization in the next patch or two.

Agree. I just wish the game will run smoothly without crashes and texture loading mid scene

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
veteran
A revamped control scheme dwarfs everything else by a wide margin in terms of priorities and nothing else comes even remotely close.

Past that, I guess I’d love to see some effort into improving immersion (I.e.less jumping around like grasshoppers in combat, less throwing massive barrels around as if they weighed few Kg, projectile weapons that shoot straight and don’t look/feel like rubber toys, saying no to enemies flying in WIIIIDEEE arcs when pushed, etc)

And then of course new content of any kind and bug fixes. But especially new content. Classes in particular.

Oh, and native support for a six-men party would be welcomed, of course.

Last edited by Tuco; 25/10/20 12:25 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
What I would love is that they add the chosen voice to the character, to me it's annoying and weird to see cutscenes in wich the npc talks with an actual voice and the toon just move his/her head showing some mimics (this is a problem I have with all the games I play from Fallout to The outer worlds the npc have voices, my character is quiet as a bear in ibermation).

I would like they tune a little better the appreciation/disdain system. It's early access and I have almost maxed out the appreciation from both Gale and Laez'el, friendship and romance are things that, specially for adults, require time and effort.

Then I hope they resolve the issues with the cut scenes so that there's a stop with intersecting poligons, walls or shoulder filling the camera and so on.

Oh and I hope they add more classes and subclasses, make a richer custom background.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Bullet points for ease:
- Origin characters removed as a feature
- Characters rewritten for better characterization while removing contrivances and contradictions with respect to the Lore
- Stricter implementation of D&D mechanics
- Inclusion of RTwP mode
- Changes to the loot table to prevent save scumming in regards to rerolling gear
- Revamp of dialogue system to allow for a broader spectrum of choices regardless of outcomes mainly for characterization
- More lore. Everywhere.
- Revamp of party controls to traditional isometric CRPG controls.
- Single player to feature creating a custom party from scratch
- Implementation of an actual functioning and impactful character relation mechanic as well as a reputation mechanic
- Missing content such as classes and subclasses

There is a lot more but this would be good for the short term.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
- level cap bump

- more new stuff smile

P
P
In order of priority

1. Fewer surfaces. They're fine, but they shouldn't be the main point of D&D combat.

2. Less barrel-throwing. This isn't Donkey Kong.

3. Disengage as an action, jump as part of movement

4. Fix the spells that are different from 5E for no reason

5. Add in hit dice and increase the limit on short rests to 3 or 4; remove teleport-to-camp from dungeons

6. Different ranges for ranged weapons (longer for the longbow!)

7. Rebalance the ranger companions so Spider isn't the only reasonable choice

8. Leave a highlight when a hidden thing is found.

9. Fix the broken quests

11. More options and more agency in cutscene dialogs (god-like snake insta-kill, I'm looklng at you) so it feels less like a railroad

12. Make it feel like time passes (burning corpses still just there burning days later?). Make the dialogs more responsive to what's actually happened.

13. Make a "loot" action pick up from all the boxes, barrels, or corpses

14. Highlight only interesting things, and highlight all the interesting things. Playing on Stadia, I couldn't find the windmill controls because the compression made them too blurry. Don't make me "Where's Waldo" for the plot.

15. More subclasses, more spells, more feats

16. More classes

17. More gear

And, while I don't think this is possible in the first area, in subsequent chapters I'd like to see less packed maps with every battle a set-piece. I love the clever set-piece battles, but there should be a wider area and that should leave room for several easy encounters between each hard one.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Character creation.

I can accept Act 1 being stuck in the current state it is but I want to see the character creation overhauled with each update.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I would rather they polish / add everything for level 1-4 before adding more levels and more potential issues but I do understand wanted more stuff to do.

veteran
veteran
I would like to see bug fixes, improved and new functionality + features, improved camera, new companions (Halsin!), new classes (esp sorcerer and druid), and more reactivity.

addict
addict
As we're this early in the EA I don't expect to get higher levels(one more would be ok though), new areas or more classes. Their main focus should first and foremost to be fixing current game breaking bugs which seems to be their priority and secondly to take a serious look on the core mechanics of the game and make fixes according to the feedback they've been given so far. Preferably in this order:

1. Put the balance back in combat to where it should be according to 5e rules by lessening the importance of surfaces and barrels / add dc checks for surface hazards / advantage vs disadvantage / remove the changes from cantrips(the only positive one so far imo is true strike) / Remove the HP-bloat and restore the AC to mobs / lower the amount of mobs in some encounters as a low level party shouldn't have to fight 20+ enemies and can mostly only do so right now with Larians unnecessary homebrew additions. / Adhere to class identity by not giving scrolls to everyone, not letting wizards learn divine magic, not giving hide/disengage for free to every class etc.

2. Do something with the short rest/long rest mechanic to make it more immersive. Just by fixing the points above would go a long way to keep casters from feeling the need to long rest after every fight.

3.Make an overhaul of the UI, inventory management, and party formation management as well as fix some pathfinding for companions especially in accordance to surfaces hazards(fire & vines etc) and elevation(autojump)

4. Fix conversations by including the companions in dialogue, give XP for peaceful solutions / successful dc checks, remove multiple dc checks for the same subject outcome, and make some choices concerning the companions made by the player matter like not adding them to the camp if the player never met and agreed to include them on the journey in the first place(looking at you Shadowheart and Wyll)

5. Add more information about abilities, skills, spells and features in character creation and also add a chart what the class will be able to learn throughout the levels. Make the C-creation process more intuitive.

6 Change to loot system and lessen the amount of empty chests etc

TLDR: Fix the game according to the feedback they've been given so far instead of giving us new stuff to complain about. Must of us understood that we wouldn't get the whole game in a couple of weeks when we bought the EA.

journeyman
journeyman
the other classes that are missing and the ability to pan the camera up and down. Fixed looking down is annoying AF

63% of all statistics are completely made up ~ Abraham Lincoln
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
More DnD5e will be enough for me.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Personally, I would like them to remove disabling kits and just treat lockpicks for both doors and traps, or in other words less item management. Additionally I would like them to make it so you only lose lockpicks if you roll a 1. They are meant to be an expensive item not everyone has, but since htey are carrying over DOS2 logic it seems everyone has them and it makes it feel like every person you run into is a proffesional thief.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Optimization improvement, Bugfixes, Glitchfixes, Exploitfixes, Crashfixes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard