Next Thread
Print Thread
X
Xarico Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
X
(I thought if I should limit myself to only sending feedback through the in-game form, or if I should wait until later in case Larian are planning to update animations regardless. Then I figured that early feedback is likely more useful than late feedback, and that here I will be able to explain my reasoning much better than in the form.)

The suggestion is minor, but, I believe, meaningful: if possible, please update the current vampire bite animation on humanoid targets. For reference/inspiration, the best example that comes to mind is from Vampire: the Masquerade - Redemption ( timestamp and VtMR spoilers included). That game's point-and-click controls, combat, and camera are close enough to BG3 to serve as a point of comparison, I think.
I'm talking solely about the animation itself. I'm not suggesting to turn the BG3 ability into an HP-draining channel or to make it usable more than once per rest. I do think, however, that it would look much better if it were longer, something similar to the Source Vampirism skill from DOS2 in terms of cast time.

Now, I'll try to make my case as to why this change would be meaningful!

Right now the animation is just, well, bland and feels like a placeholder (which maybe it is, in which case my apologies). It's something that you use on an NPC asap after a long rest, not because it feels good but simply because it's optimal for Astarion's build, and then immediately forget that it exists (maybe you can use it later to heal him during a battle, once). Sure, maybe the idea is that having to hunt daily is tedious (and I have nothing whatsoever against it having an element of mandatory routine); but lore-wise it's not only tedious, it's also 1) satisfying 2) predatory and violent, enough to cause damage if the victim resists (i.e. is not incapacitated or asleep). Thus, I feel that making the animation satisfying and suitably violent would highlight better just how dangerous Astarion is and how enjoyable hunting is for him. After all, this is a very major aspect of his and every other vampire's existence.

That's it, and hope that you all have a wonderful day.

I simply love the female feeding animations from VTMB.. Those are just my favorite animations ever. Pounce and feed. Would work especially well for the shorter races in the realms. Halfling vampire pounce.

Link Copied to Clipboard