Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
No way I've gotten my money's worth. I'm sure I will in time, but I don't think the early access itself is worth 60 odd USD. Naturally I didn't buy it expecting to 'get my money's worth' out of early access though.

Banned
Banned
Not really, but i'm not one to put hundreds of hours into the same 10/20 hours of unfininished content. I'm also hesitant to say anything's 'good' since it'd have to go with 'for an early access'. Especially because everything feels disconnected, and i'm not too sold on the tadpoles as a spark for the adventure.

It'a all all interesting enough to get me hooked, though.

Last edited by Innateagle; 14/11/20 11:04 AM.
G
guy Offline
G
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
I don't know about anyone else, but I already feel like I've gotten my $60 worth out of this game, even if they never added anything else to it. This is the best unfinished game I've ever played, and I think there's a lot of content here too if you go hunting for it. I can't believe there's still SO MUCH MORE to come, and we don't even have to pay any extra for it.

yes.

Look at the market for gaming. iphone apps with micro transactions. and you end up paying more than $60.
In addition, as a person that played BG 1, then BG 2, yes, someone working on BG 3 is worth it.
What I miss most in BG1 was the map exploration system. BG 2 did a poor job recreating it, focusing more on level content that on map content.

All the old game reference to come to thie point. BG 3... the map... this map is almost fully explorable.
I mean, there are games that, if they added the spell "fly" would be completely game AND PHYSICS breaking for how the levels are designed.
However, BG 3, I feel that, if fly were added, well, the map would be just fine.
There is so much detail to the map, and to distance, that it makes my heart skip a beat.
The devs have a huge task ahead of them, but they are putting a massive amount of effort into a environment that you can interact with. It might even be a new standard for rpgs at this point.
Really, outstanding job for the environmental work alone.

The cons - I do not think origin characters are worth the time they are putting into it. It's a red herring. no one really cares about the railroaded story lines. Well, some do, but more a passing thing. It feels like something to distract from the real meat and potatoes - more classes. more feats. more spells. more races. more area to explore.

AS LONG AS WE DON'T PAY FOR DLC, yes, 100% worth it.

if act 2 is dlc we have to shell out money for.... no. I will not pay more.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I never bought a game that I didn't like to play. The internet is there, you can always check it before buying. Complaining about purchasing a game in EA is pointless. Let's be adults.

old hand
old hand
I'm at $0.32/hour, so I'm pretty satisfied - as long as I get a full game eventually. If only so I can finally finish my fanfic.

stranger
stranger
Not yet but I did EA to support the developers. There is a ton of potential here that can lay the groundwork for a larger system beyond BG3.

journeyman
journeyman
The stage is set. I really think the early release is a super success for them. I have alpha/beta tested other games and this one is probably the least buggy i have seen. Hats off to the development team.

I look forward to other classes and higher levels.

Originally Posted by DanteYoda
I think it's a great D&D game, and I've played almost every D&D video game ever made. Sure it has some adaptations, some house rules. So do I, when I DM tabletop D&D. I usually use more house rules than Baldur's Gate 3 does, and my players never say "this isn't D&D".

Not to be rude to you, but if you did that i would say something.. to much homebrew ruins the game.

It can ruin the game, or it can make it better. Depends on how good the DM is. It's not like the system as designed is perfect, especially given the variance of desires of different groups.

Coming from second edition Homebrew was bad.. it was very much looked down on, 5th ed is crazy weird compared.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I'd send hookers and ice cream to the devs if I could. 315.8 hrs so far and I didn't get to play today... Totally worth 60$

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dontezz
I'd send hookers and ice cream to the devs if I could. 315.8 hrs so far and I didn't get to play today... Totally worth 60$

^5!

A
Ari Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
I can say that I am having a good time and am hopeful for the future.

Regrettably, I cannot say the exchange rate between fun and dollar bills, but I do hope that this buds and flowers into something better.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard