Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Flafnir Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
After I have the Vettel down to about 13 HP and force them to surrender on their train and make me an offer.

Which I also go into. I choose that I take power and let her, including the woman, live and disappear.

After I enter the acid workshop and start looting, the game crashes.

I tried that about twice with loot. The first crash occurred when I picked up the stick and wanted to pass it on to Gale. Game crash

The 2nd attempt I started this time with looting the necklace, then de kisten, books, and game Crasht.

Next try nr3. I walked into the room and stopped for 2min 5 min nothing happened. I walked towards the teleporter without looting anything. Game Crash.

I can't understand why it crashes at this point, it either seems to have something to do with the items or the script section of the teleporter, and I honestly don't have any nerves to make further attempts why it crashes. Whether that is also the case if I do not go into the room at all and it is due to the item that I received before.

I have absolutely no save games left that I can still use. Hand crossbow Save game is bugged now the save game is bugged after the Vettel fight. So I don't have a lot of options. It shouldn't make sense that I put 100 Save Games here after every decision just to go to no. Sure to go that one has to continue playing. But that's the way it is now. I had to create around 30 scores to be able to continue if necessary. So now I can't confront the Vettel and actually leave the EA version and restart the next error search. But after 271 hours I am served for the first time.

This post has me intrigued, but I have no idea what part of the game it is about.

Acid workshop and teleporter. Is this Hag's lair? But who is giving up?

is it about hte goblins at the windmill (he surrenders)? But then what is the rest of the post about?

Flafnir Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by frequentic
This post has me intrigued, but I have no idea what part of the game it is about.

Acid workshop and teleporter. Is this Hag's lair? But who is giving up?

is it about hte goblins at the windmill (he surrenders)? But then what is the rest of the post about?

It's about aunty Ethel (Vettel)

If you are not ready yet it can happen that I spoil now.
There have been bugs in the area before, and now it's even worse. Now bugs and chrash seem to arise as soon as you pick up any item. In the Underdark it is the hand crossbow of which you can also carry 2 pieces, but one is enough and the game crashes. It sucks if you have even overwritten a memory slot and don't have another one to continue playing the game. And since such errors turn up very often, I sometimes have 30 save points to be able to continue in an emergency and to work around the error.

There are 3 options in the Vettel fight.
1 option Auntie dies on your turn if possible.

2nd option you adjust the round to avoid damage to her and she reacts in her turn, which leads to the damage, so she surrenders and makes you an offer.

This offer is an item that increases your ability by 1 point. Only the character who is closest to her and who has the conversation will get. You can also change it with 2 dice options. in which you demand women and power.

Refuse the offer and let them move with Marina. Or kill them, or just take power and let them go.

Then you can go down to the acid factory from her and loot some boxes and items. How to absorb the vettel wand for Gale for magic, a magic wand to call the cornnor vildeband out of the coffin and receive it as a permanent conjuring. etc etc

And apparently right after the fight there is an error in the script that crashes the game. And I can no longer track which item, which one I ran out of the memory option and also have no desire to continue trying out the loading times which item causes the game to crash or whether it is at that point in the game.
and that's what it was all about for me in the rest. i invested 271 hours in the game and such mistakes are annoying. When does it get paranoid over time and soon only has the fast save button rdy.

Flafnir Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice

After many tries. I have to say the crash leads here from the section as soon as you enter into the deal with Vettel and select the option to do more. I don't know if it's the item. If you collect the loot or talk to a party member, the game crashes and you can switch to another member. At the moment I would advise against taking the deal let alone surrender. It is best to save the fight manually, kill them and continue as normal.

And here is the item that appears to be causing the problem

[Linked Image]

stranger
stranger
I am also having this problem, after fight game will crash as soon as I select my character or try to go to camp. The companions can port to camp with no problems. I've tried all these fixes as well and it is still happening.

I will try to go back (*sigh* unfortunately way back) to a point before this and start again.

Also, Auntie Ethel does not appear right away and while waiting, if I cast a shield or anything, all the characters so as *Surprised* as though she is there but she is not. She only appears after I throw a spell or fire at the bridge.

I am playing on pc, game is on Steam

stranger
stranger
Yep...having this exact issue. I have a save game *RIGHT* before the cutscene where Ethel begs for her life. I took the deal, and now every time I select the character I created at the beginning of the game it crashes. I can select all the other characters...just not that character. If I choose to kill the hag, this crash does not happen for any of my characters.

Edit: If you can make the Deception roll, the game does NOT crash when selecting any character.

Last edited by Lyrik; 15/11/20 11:46 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard