Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#717531 26/10/20 02:30 PM
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I’m so very disappointed in this “prerelease”. Ultimately I paid $60 to be a beta tester. At the stage of development this game is in, it should never have been released. Call it “prerelease” or what you will, you should be ashamed of yourselves @larian.

One thing I have discovered is that the game is somewhat playable if I play in offline mode with steam. Otherwise, I’m forced to close and restart the game between loading previous saves. I also have to reboot my computer periodically or I suffer intolerable lag.

Hopefully soon this will at least be a polished turd, and I can feel I spent $60 on something that doesn’t look as bad but still stinks like a turd.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well at least the post fits the name.

addict
addict
Let me make sure that I understand this correctly. You're upset that you bought into an early access experience that feels like an early access experience, and it's somehow Larian's fault that your setup is struggling?

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Early access should at least be playable without all of the bugs and problems that players are seeing. A “prerelease” should be a playable game with minor bugs.
Essentially what larian did was release a shell and suckered people into paying to be beta testers. There’s a difference between beta testing a game and paying for a playable prerelease

Last edited by PMSbloodrage; 26/10/20 02:40 PM.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
this post is bound to trigger someone, haha

addict
addict
Originally Posted by PMSbloodrage
Early access should at least be playable without all of the bugs and problems that players are seeing. A “prerelease” should be a playable game with minor bugs.
Essentially what larian did was release a shell and suckered people into paying to be beta testers. There’s a difference between beta testing a game and paying for a playable prerelease

So by your logic, the people who've invested 75-100 hours at this point haven't been able to get anywhere or do anything. They've logged those hours just starting up the game and standing around.
And Larian hardly "suckered anyone in." Most people understand what the early access process is. They even warned people multiple times that if they were looking for a complete, more-perfect product, they should wait until release because the early access process was going to be imperfect and evolve slowly. It's not their fault that you didn't do any research. The game is perfectly playable. Stop being dramatic to make a point.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Tzelanit

So by your logic, the people who've invested 75-100 hours at this point haven't been able to get anywhere or do anything. They've logged those hours just starting up the game and standing around.
And Larian hardly "suckered anyone in." Most people understand what the early access process is. They even warned people multiple times that if they were looking for a complete, more-perfect product, they should wait until release because the early access process was going to be imperfect and evolve slowly. It's not their fault that you didn't do any research. The game is perfectly playable. Stop being dramatic to make a point.

cgexile #717557 26/10/20 02:44 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by cgexile
this post is bound to trigger someone, haha

LOL too late

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I’m voicing my opinion, as you are yours.

I’ve beta tested several games in the past 20 years that were far more complete than this.

You’re entitled to your opinion and to troll as you like

enthusiast
enthusiast
Can we stop feeding the little juvenile troll?

Thanks.

journeyman
journeyman
I've played through 3 times, ranger, rogue, wizard, and crashed twice. I've ran into some bugs but nothing game breaking or caused me to rage quit. I send my bug report and move on. If you have beta tested before then you know "this is the way".

D
D
This kind of feedback is more suited as crash reports when they happen along with whatever info Larian needs to investigate what's causing the crashes. This post isn't helpful to anyone

old hand
old hand
I’m voicing my opinion, as you are yours.

I’ve beta tested several games in the past 20 years that were far more complete than this.

You’re entitled to your opinion and to troll as you like

It's not even beta though. It's Alpha even on Act 1 and we'll never see the other acts before release.

Now you see why Larian was shocked a million people bought into this.

stranger
stranger

So you're blaming Larian, even though they constantly and very loudly stated that this is nowhere near complete, is buggy, and laggy, and will have crashes, and is far from a finished product, made the decision to buy it anyway, and are complaining and trying to shame the company who very clearly stated that your entire issue with the game is exactly what they told everyone, but it's their fault?

Seems legit. xD

Eddiar #717599 26/10/20 03:15 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Eddiar
Can we stop feeding the little juvenile troll?

Thanks.

I agree with Eddiar; I mean look at OPs name... Clearly an edgelord that just wants attention.

old hand
old hand
Unpolished Turd.

Tautological: needless repetition of an idea, especially in words other than those of the immediate context, without imparting additional force or clearness, as in “widow woman.”

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
J
stranger
stranger
J
Fitting nickname.

veteran
veteran
You paid, now you can complain as much as you want we have your money

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
S
Banned
Banned
S

You just misunderstand what "Early access" is.

Its not a "pre-release" or any kind of "get the game before other people". Despite the name being misleading to those who dont know, and never bothered to read about it, this is a beta - released as as such only under a different term for purposes of marketing - in order to get some money and early public reactions - which are then more or less incorporated into the further development. The bugs, the glitches, various missing dialogues or cobbled quests, the lack of full optimization - thats all a part of the "early access" - which is basically a public beta.

Once the game is actually complete you will get the full game without spending another dollar or euro on it.
Thats what you bought too.

This right now is a stage of polishing. And the feedback they get from many players is helping polishing it and changing it and improving it.
The players in turn get an early, unpolished but representative experience to see what the studio intends for the game, its story, mechanics and so on.

Your silly complaints only mean you never bothered to check what the early access really is, because it felt better to you to just imagine its some kind of "early demo - release". It isnt, nobody ever said it is and Steam and Valve made sure to explain all that very clearly so they are covered from any accusations like yours.

Now you know. So you can stop being ridiculous.

Last edited by Surface R; 26/10/20 03:56 PM.
Textbook Karen, I guess.

Gotta love misinformed entitled consumers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard