Print Thread
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit [spoiler
If it turns out that nearly everyone is evil or neutral I'll join those saying that this is not a successor to the BG series. If Minsc is the only good companion the writers need to create 5 more stat. The "cannon" party was Minsc, Aerie, Jaheria, Imoen, Charname and a wildcard.
[/spoiler]

Helia the werewolf halfling bard might not be evil, but will most likely be neutral. I agree that it is a bit weird that we have no good companions whatshowever as far as we know, but I suppose Larian has an entire year and a half to make those.

i hadn’t heard her race and class yet. I wonder if she will be a tiny werewolf or will grow to a full sized one. 😂

Anything on Eladrin? No? Nowhere? :'D

N
old hand
old hand
N
Hope Karlach is a paladin. And I am glad there are blackguards in the game. I was wondering if they would allow Loyal Evil paladins.

Astarion is a natural Shar follower of course, cause as I said in another post, he's a vampire, so a being from the Shadowfell, hence his lady runs the realm of shadows.

Last edited by Nyanko; 26/10/20 07:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
Stop it shadowheart is not evil don't believe the hype

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Warlocke

i hadn’t heard her race and class yet. I wonder if she will be a tiny werewolf or will grow to a full sized one. 😂

I'll do you one better;

In pre-EA press material Swen said that you can become a vampire and or werewolf later on yourself! Here's hoping I can strike a deal with Cazador to trade Astarion back to him in exchange for full vampiric powers.

Originally Posted by Abits
Stop it shadowheart is not evil don't believe the hype

Shadowheart is probably a brainwashed Selunite champion or something. I'm firmly on Ethel's side regarding her.

veteran
veteran

I'll do you one better;

In pre-EA press material Swen said that you can become a vampire and or werewolf later on yourself! Here's hoping I can strike a deal with Cazador to trade Astarion back to him in exchange for full vampiric powers.

What?! Really?! Never heard of it...

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Abits

What?! Really?! Never heard of it...

I wish I could show you proof but I have no idea where to look 🤷

EDIT: I found this

Last edited by Vhaldez; 26/10/20 07:38 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Image of Nightsong.

"Lips of Darkness" wink

[Linked Image]

I
old hand
old hand
I
Also

No Kobolds!!!!

A huge injustice. That must be fixed.

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Ixal
Also

No Kobolds!!!!

A huge injustice. That must be fixed.

But for some reason;

Firbolgs.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Elf drow child?

Are we going to menzoberranzan?

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Nyanko
Elf drow child?

I would show you proof if I could find it again, buried in a 202 page thread on another forum, but Act 2 takes us to Baldur's Gate proper. The datamine revealed an OUT_ (Outer City) and GRA_ (Graveyard) area in the location tags. The devs did say that we are not done exploring the Underdark yet though, so that either means you are right about Menzoberranzan or they simply mean the unifinshed Duergar encampment in Ketheric Thorm's fortress that you can glitch into right now + Moonrise.

S
stranger
stranger
S
You all really shouldn’t be so worried about the character alignments. If you listen to Karlach’s audio files you will hear lots of lines where she expresses empathy. While it’s of course too early to say definitively, she sounds very much like a good aligned character.

My guess is that it will be:

Minsc - good
Karlach - good
Helia - good
Wyll - neutral
Gale - neutral
Astarion - evil
Shadowheart - evil
Lae’zel - evil

This seems like a very decent spread, especially seeing as BG2 had a very poor selection of evil companions.

That being said, the more the merrier, so hopefully Larian is going to add a few.

Edwin was one of the best companions in the game and he was Evil.

Also someone mentioned wings as a problem but they aren't. They were in DOS2, and you can play the whole game with wings on your back with a mod.

N
old hand
old hand
N
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Elf drow child?

I would show you proof if I could find it again, buried in a 202 page thread on another forum, but Act 2 takes us to Baldur's Gate proper. The datamine revealed an OUT_ (Outer City) and GRA_ (Graveyard) area in the location tags. The devs did say that we are not done exploring the Underdark yet though, so that either means you are right about Menzoberranzan or they simply mean the unifinshed Duergar encampment in Ketheric Thorm's fortress that you can glitch into right now + Moonrise.

Yeah but they don't say anything about act 3. With all the devils present in the datamined info though, are they planning to bring us back to hell?

Last edited by Nyanko; 26/10/20 08:23 PM.
old hand
old hand
Elf drow child?

There are some other hints I've seen suggesting a visit to Menzo is a solid possibility.

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Yeah but they don't say anything about act 3. With all the devils present in the datamined info though, are they planning to bring us back to hell?

I think that is still in its concept stage, but I suppose I can't be sure.

Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

There are some other hints I've seen suggesting a visit to Menzo is a solid possibility.

I've only seen one so far and it seemed more like a lore reference than a solid lead, but I won't rule it out entirely.

It was the drow corpse in the myconid colony and her journal spouting something about becoming the matriarch of Menzobazaran.

Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

They have said we go back to Hell at some point.

Well there you go then, that's your three Acts.

Act 1 - Sword Coast (Druids / Tieflings / Goblins)

Act 2 - Baldur's Gate (Cazador / that one wizard guy / ???)

Act 3 - Hell (Raphael - Endgame boss - Diablo)

old hand
old hand
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Elf drow child?

They have said we go back to Hell at some point.

Last edited by Omegaphallic; 26/10/20 08:25 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Spideyknight
You all really shouldn’t be so worried about the character alignments. If you listen to Karlach’s audio files you will hear lots of lines where she expresses empathy. While it’s of course too early to say definitively, she sounds very much like a good aligned character.

Minsc - good
Karlach - good
Helia - good
Wyll - neutral
Gale - neutral
Astarion - evil
Shadowheart - evil
Lae’zel - evil

This seems like a very decent spread, especially seeing as BG2 had a very poor selection of evil companions.

That being said, the more the merrier, so hopefully Larian is going to add a few.

Edwin was one of the best companions in the game and he was Evil.

Also someone mentioned wings as a problem but they aren't. They were in DOS2, and you can play the whole game with wings on your back with a mod.

I meant as a possible challenge for sex scenes, not normal game play, but I feel confident they will solve the challenge

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Hrungr
Image of Nightsong.

"Lips of Darkness" wink

[Linked Image]

I hope she ends up an origin character.

veteran
veteran

Minsc - good
Karlach - good
Helia - good
Wyll - neutral
Gale - neutral
Astarion - evil
Shadowheart - evil
Lae’zel - evil

I think Helia is probably neutral, and SH may move towards being neutral from evil. So two good, four neutral, and two evil. Still not good enough for me on the "good" side.

Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard