Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21
Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Sordak
yes i do.
i also am a fan of frank frazetta.

As i said, Witcher got the idea down, i like Witchers execution but fantasy got space for sexy, not just classy.


Fair enough I can see the reference in that outfit and I'm sure it fits the narrative the way it is.
Let's just agree it would be great to have options to run around looking like this and also to not run around looking like this (which however would be difficult stat wise without some transmogrificatuon system)

Joined: Oct 2020
T
member
Offline
member
T
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Sordak
Yeah Minsc is a terrible option as an Origin, he doesnt lend itself to beeing a protagonist.
And yeah, i want more good options


I think Minsc is a terrible companion option full stop. I loved him in BG1 and 2 but he's done. His character was always shallow and one dimensional to begin with. I think at best he will be like Varric in Dragon Age Inquisition . . . gives you a smile and warm glow when you first meet him in the game . . . but they you promptly forget about him.

The whole petrified for 100 years so he can appear in BG3 is silly and what interesting side story or character arc can they write for him?

I'd much rather have a new character!

Joined: Oct 2020
T
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
T
Joined: Oct 2020
Isn't the climate in the part of the gameworld we're located in pretty damn seasonal?

Wearing the equivalent of a loincloth except for during the summer would be pretty goddamned uncomfortable. Particularly when you consider there is nothing other than fireplaces for indoor heating.

Joined: Mar 2013
S
veteran
Offline
veteran
S
Joined: Mar 2013
can we stop the damn realism arguments already?
Also remember this is FR, the entire thing is a magical realm about the ideas of a sex positive hippie.

The coom is baked into the setting.
IF you realy wanna debate realism then we might aswell get into the deliciously uncomfortable debate about female fighters or the basic debate about wizards.
Lets not go there.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Originally Posted by Sordak

Also remember this is FR, the entire thing is a magical realm about the ideas of a sex positive hippie.

The coom is baked into the setting.


[Linked Image]
coom

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Skimpy or not, I just want the gear to look the same on everyone. I.e. if its a skimpy dress, let men wear it too, or if its a heavy plate armor do not give women bewb plate, and if they insist on bewb plate then give it to everyone.
I love how ESO has been doing it, the outfits look the same regardless of whether you are playing a male or female character. Sure, on some gear it looks ridiculous, but thats the whole point as you have freedom to choose.

Edit: I know its a different game and the gear system will be different, but I don't really see the problem of the same-looking models for either gender. The game already has it except for one datamined armor it seems.

Last edited by Arideya; 28/10/20 07:40 PM.

There are three things that are strength incarnate: there is love of life, there is fear of death, and there is family. A family that loves death would have a strong pull indeed.
Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
I just want the daisy robe for my magey types.

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Ixal
Originally Posted by Svalr


Noooo.
There's no skimpy gear in the game currently, those of us who like it want options too...


God forbid adventurers wear clothes appropriate for adventuring....


God forbid we have different options to play our characters how we please in a RPG?
You literally have every single other option in the game to fit what you want already, also the characters don't wear '' appropriate adventure '' gear and clothes to begin with but I am not going to get into a big argument about that.
But you wouldn't walk around dressing like Astarion or in heavy plate armor as an adventurer either. That's just Hollywood not realism.

Originally Posted by Azarielle
Originally Posted by Sordak
Yeah Minsc is a terrible option as an Origin, he doesnt lend itself to beeing a protagonist.
And yeah, i want more good options

>Skimpy gear
stop beeing prudes. There should be skimpy stuff. Withcer got that one figured out. Why would a female caster ever look frumpy


Err do you actually know which outfit my comment referred to? And Witcher 3 is IMO one of the Best examples of sexy but classy - especially Yen.


A lot of people would disagree with you and that's my point.
Classy is both contextual, personal and cultural, which is why I think it's a bit of a non sequitur and also why I dislike that argument.
It's really just another way of saying '' cover up woman '', and is only ever really directed at women.
I don't think that I've ever seen that argument be made against a male character or men irl no matter how little they wear.

Ultimately it's a form of moralization and policing of womens attire.

Originally Posted by Azarielle
Originally Posted by Sordak
yes i do.
i also am a fan of frank frazetta.

As i said, Witcher got the idea down, i like Witchers execution but fantasy got space for sexy, not just classy.


Fair enough I can see the reference in that outfit and I'm sure it fits the narrative the way it is.
Let's just agree it would be great to have options to run around looking like this and also to not run around looking like this (which however would be difficult stat wise without some transmogrificatuon system)


The thing is that you already have every other option in the entire game not looking like this which was the point.
So yeah I get a bit irritated when I am like '' finally found something I love! '' and get excited about it and then ofc people who already have everything else suited to what they want are all like '' nah, change it to be what I want ''.

Originally Posted by Arideya
Skimpy or not, I just want the gear to look the same on everyone. I.e. if its a skimpy dress, let men wear it too, or if its a heavy plate armor do not give women bewb plate, and if they insist on bewb plate then give it to everyone.
I love how ESO has been doing it, the outfits look the same regardless of whether you are playing a male or female character. Sure, on some gear it looks ridiculous, but thats the whole point as you have freedom to choose.

Edit: I know its a different game and the gear system will be different, but I don't really see the problem of the same-looking models for either gender. The game already has it except for one datamined armor it seems.



There's always going to be some differences, for example the Nightsong one in question here could be worn by male characters too they just wouldn't wear the top.
To some extent I agree with your argument, my issue with it is that it always tends to be to just default the male armor and clothes unto the female characters instead of the male gear getting any sort of influence from the feminine.
It's like in Monster Hunter if a female set has shorts and the male set has pants, the argument is always to give the female characters pants too instead of the reverse.
Even tho that would literally just mean that EVERY set in the entire game was just pants aka less diverse.
The male stuff is always assumed to be and treated as the default.

Female gear tends to be way more diverse and less generic in general imo. There's way more variety in style and attire.
I agree that if something is skimpy for female characters it should be for male characters too, but I'd really hate to just get zero feminine influence in gear and clothes altogether because it all needs to '' be the same '' which ultimately just ends up being masculine because it's safer.

Last edited by Svalr; 28/10/20 09:20 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Svalr



There's always going to be some differences, for example the Nightsong one in question here could be worn by male characters too they just wouldn't wear the top.
To some extent I agree with your argument, my issue with it is that it always tends to be to just default the male armor and clothes unto the female characters instead of the male gear getting any sort of influence from the feminine.
It's like in Monster Hunter if a female set has shorts and the male set has pants, the argument is always to give the female characters pants too instead of the reverse.
Even tho that would literally just mean that EVERY set in the entire game was just pants aka less diverse.
The male stuff is always assumed to be and treated as the default.

Female gear tends to be way more diverse and less generic in general imo. There's way more variety in style and attire.
I agree that if something is skimpy for female characters it should be for male characters too, but I'd really hate to just get zero feminine influence in gear and clothes altogether because it all needs to '' be the same '' which ultimately just ends up being masculine because it's safer.


I agree with you. That's why I gave ESO as an example. This is one of their latest outfits. https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/dark-passions-regalia/
smile

Not saying all outifts should be like that, but some diversity with feminine-centric stuff would be great, as you said a male version of
Nightsong armor
.
I do love the robes in the game though, hopefully there will be more. I am looking forward to the Robes of the Archmagi, those were always over the top.


Last edited by Arideya; 29/10/20 12:40 AM.

There are three things that are strength incarnate: there is love of life, there is fear of death, and there is family. A family that loves death would have a strong pull indeed.
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Did I read that right? Warforged & Kalashtar but no Changeling? Big Booo!!!

Joined: Feb 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Feb 2020
But Warforged are Eberron o.o

Joined: Oct 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Goldberry
But Warforged are Eberron o.o



There is planar travel, it is very feasible that a character from Eberron or Dragonlance, or even Darksun could find their way to Toril. The Doors of Sigil stretch to all planes of existance, and since the illithid did have a planes traversing nautiloid, races from everywhere could have been taken.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Originally Posted by fallenj
Did I read that right? Warforged & Kalashtar but no Changeling? Big Booo!!!


Hadn't even seen Kalashtar. Two Eberron races?


Originally Posted by Dreygor6091

There is planar travel, it is very feasible that a character from Eberron or Dragonlance, or even Darksun could find their way to Toril. The Doors of Sigil stretch to all planes of existance, and since the illithid did have a planes traversing nautiloid, races from everywhere could have been taken.


Don't you think they just added those as placeholders? Surely that can't fit all that extraplanar travel into Act 3.


Joined: Mar 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Don't you think they just added those as placeholders? Surely that can't fit all that extraplanar travel into Act 3.


They probably just got a list of playable races from WoTC and put it there.

Going by the side of the game and character face quality, I'm starting to doubt they will have the time to make Dragonborn at this point.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Originally Posted by azarhal

They probably just got a list of playable races from WoTC and put it there.
Going by the side of the game and character face quality, I'm starting to doubt they will have the time to make Dragonborn at this point.


Dragonborn is one of the few ones that has working codelines associated with it, you can give yourself the REALLY_DRAGONBORN tag and Volo has some replies for it.

Interestingly, the same goes for Tritons.

Joined: Mar 2013
S
veteran
Offline
veteran
S
Joined: Mar 2013
I always consdiered ESOs armor to be pretty lame in that regard.
the one you posted seems to be realy milquetoast. like they didnt dare to go through with it

Joined: Oct 2020
F
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
F
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Originally Posted by fallenj
Did I read that right? Warforged & Kalashtar but no Changeling? Big Booo!!!


Hadn't even seen Kalashtar. Two Eberron races?


Originally Posted by Dreygor6091

There is planar travel, it is very feasible that a character from Eberron or Dragonlance, or even Darksun could find their way to Toril. The Doors of Sigil stretch to all planes of existance, and since the illithid did have a planes traversing nautiloid, races from everywhere could have been taken.


Don't you think they just added those as placeholders? Surely that can't fit all that extraplanar travel into Act 3.


The intention is that modders create further adventures, including ones with different settings.

It makes life easier for them if you build in the tools from the start, even if you don't have immediate plans for them.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Originally Posted by azarhal

The intention is that modders create further adventures, including ones with different settings.

It makes life easier for them if you build in the tools from the start, even if you don't have immediate plans for them.


Or for DM mode, or this;

Originally Posted by azarhal

They probably just got a list of playable races from WoTC and put it there.

Joined: Mar 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Originally Posted by azarhal

They probably just got a list of playable races from WoTC and put it there.
Going by the side of the game and character face quality, I'm starting to doubt they will have the time to make Dragonborn at this point.


Dragonborn is one of the few ones that has working codelines associated with it, you can give yourself the REALLY_DRAGONBORN tag and Volo has some replies for it.

Interestingly, the same goes for Tritons.


Writers might have started to add tags and lines, it doesn't mean the rest of the pipeline will be able to follow to make the race fully playable.

Last edited by azarhal; 29/10/20 02:05 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Originally Posted by fallenj
Did I read that right? Warforged & Kalashtar but no Changeling? Big Booo!!!


Hadn't even seen Kalashtar. Two Eberron races?


Originally Posted by Dreygor6091

There is planar travel, it is very feasible that a character from Eberron or Dragonlance, or even Darksun could find their way to Toril. The Doors of Sigil stretch to all planes of existance, and since the illithid did have a planes traversing nautiloid, races from everywhere could have been taken.


Don't you think they just added those as placeholders? Surely that can't fit all that extraplanar travel into Act 3.


Ya, pretty sure
Kalashtar
was on the top of the list. Ill look again when I come back from work.

Truthfully, just have to wait an see.

Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5