Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
addict
addict
Originally Posted by ScouseSorcerer1
Ravengard and also Stelmane are mentioned. I suspect they were going to use Stelmane then perhaps switched to Ravengard because both have the same dialogue at one point in different contexts, but with the name changed.

Plaines Dialogue Files: "synopsis" : {"type" : "LSString", "value" : "A group of Flaming Fists are trying to force a way into the burning inn at Waukeen's Rest. They can hear someone inside - they believe it might be Grand Duke Ravengard, who they had been sent to protect."}

Companions Origins Moments Wyll File: "synopsis" : {"type" : "LSString", "value" : "A group of Flaming Fists are trying to force a way into the burning inn at Waukeen's Rest. They can hear someone inside - they believe it might be Duke Stelmane, who they had been sent to protect. They recognise Wyll, and insist that he helps."}

Plains Dialogue Files: "synopsis" : {"type" : "LSString", "value" : "The Cult of the Absolute has ransacked the inn at Waukeen's Rest and kidnapped Duke Stelmane of Baldur's Gate. The player arrives after the carnage, finding corpses strewn about. The player casts 'Speak with Dead' on one of these corpses - a civilian that was caught in the middle. She stopped in Wakeen's Rest with her husband and daughter in the middle of their journey to Waterdeep for a wedding. She watched her family butchered by goblins before being killed herself."}

.raw file: SetOnStage(S_MOO_Mindflayer_Stelmane_468960d1-007c-4e85-8eb8-88c51a1ca953, 1);

Stelmane obviously appears as captured and then turned into a mindflayer perhaps? Ravengard is mentioned a lot more in the actual dialogue english.xml files though.

"synopsis" : {"type" : "LSString", "value" : "COuncilor Florrick is working in secret for a dragon in the city of Baldur's Gate. SHe is acting as an advisor to Grand Duke Ravengard. She should come across as good but no nonsense. SHe is used to getting her way."}

I also found that synopsis in one of the Plains Dialogue files (have merged a lot of them into groups using notepad++ combine plugin to make life easier). I can find the exact files for anything for anyone who wants specifics.

The point we are making is that only Ravengard is referenced in the playable game, Stelmane is not, she's just mentioned in the gamefiles. Which either means they changed who was the Duke or cut something to that story. There is a few of those changed/altered plots/places in the game files. Like the Ruined Chapel originally being a Selûne chapel (including in demonstration) and all the files interactions can still be found in the game files for it despite them not being used anymore.

There are also things about the Nightsong that suggest they moved where she was supposed to be found and that's why her quest goes from "she's under the Selûne Temple" to "she's not in the Underdark".

Last edited by azarhal; 19/11/20 05:57 PM.
stranger
stranger
Ah my bad, it has to be that Stelmane was changed then

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict

Here is a video discussing some of the finds from this thread and from Reddit.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by azarhal
You can meet a Selûnite priest in the Shadow Cursed Land. He's looking for Shadowheart. Her magic flares happen when she spot him. She used the magical flares against a Sharran during her flashback training and they also happen when she kiss you after the party (according to the scene context notes). So it's not triggered by Selûne related stuff only. The priest claims he knows what it means, but she has to go an abandoned chapel in BG to learn more because Shar is too strong in the area. I find that a bit suspicious...Selûnite shouldn't have to hide in BG. confused

Her name might actually be a title: The Shadow Heart. As that is how the Selûne Priest refers to her, although it all look like temporary dialogues.

Both Shar and Selune wants her, foretelling her coming and stuff.

if she doesn't do as Shar wants, you get a super depressive Shadowheart around camp...

Looks like the character design of the suspicious priest was datamined.

veteran
veteran
I assume it's not his final face, since right now he looks like Tav in a dress

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by Abits
I assume it's not his final face, since right now he looks like Tav in a dress

Wasn't the most popular player character a male human cleric with this face?
It is fitting that there is also such a NPC in the game.

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by /u/pjenn
I found this in a datamined dialogue (UND_PowerOfTrueSouls_RD_Astarion):
If the person you dream of at night is male (tag DAISY_MALE), your main character says “They're too powerful. We have to stop the Absolute and his True Souls.”.
If the person you dream of at night is female (tag DAISY_FEMALE), your main character says “They're too powerful. We have to stop the Absolute and her True Souls.”.

The Absolute's gender depends on who's talking. For example Minthara says She, while Nere (an upcoming character) says He.
Although we knew this already, I thought it was interesting to include. Priestess Gut must be a lesbian then, lol.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Originally Posted by /u/pjenn
I found this in a datamined dialogue (UND_PowerOfTrueSouls_RD_Astarion):
If the person you dream of at night is male (tag DAISY_MALE), your main character says “They're too powerful. We have to stop the Absolute and his True Souls.”.
If the person you dream of at night is female (tag DAISY_FEMALE), your main character says “They're too powerful. We have to stop the Absolute and her True Souls.”.

The Absolute's gender depends on who's talking. For example Minthara says She, while Nere (an upcoming character) says He.
Although we knew this already, I thought it was interesting to include. Priestess Gut must be a lesbian then, lol.

Of all the Origins in the game, only Shadowheart has the same dream as the generic PC: unknown person you are attracted to.

Wyll sees an ex-girlfriend.
Astarion sees his master.
Lae'zel sees Vlaakith.
Gale seems to only hear a voice (probably thinking it's Mystra's).

Gut could be seeing a sister or mother for all we know.

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Of all the Origins in the game, only Shadowheart has the same dream as the generic PC: unknown person you are attracted to.
Doesn't Shadowheart have a canon lover? I believe I read that somewhere.

addict
addict
Doesn't Shadowheart have a canon lover? I believe I read that somewhere.

You probably misunderstood her "someone I'm very attracted to" line she mention after her tadpole dream #2 to mean it's someone she knows. That person is no different than the 2nd character we customize as a custom PC.

I did write a theory that she might be fantasying about Ketheric there, but I dropped it after datamining their first meeting in the game as Shadowheart doesn't recognize him.

R
stranger
stranger
R
If I remember correctly, someone mentioned that Shadowheart is supposed to have a unique dream as other companions. But for now her dream (either the whole dream with dialogues, or only Daisy) is replaced by a placeholder.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
I did write a theory that she might be fantasying about Ketheric there, but I dropped it after datamining their first meeting in the game as Shadowheart doesn't recognize him.

What is the current Ketheric supposed to look like? Would he still resemble the moon elf he used to be after spending a century in that cursed place?

C
stranger
stranger
C
The companions all have "canon" dream people going by one of the merged files. I tried loading in as them all but only Wyll's had a unique model and it was Mizora.

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict

The Nightsong, Halsin and Ketheric City | Baldur's Gate 3 Story Spoilers [Datamining]

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
[Linked Image]
"Scratch is evil" theorists rejoice.

journeyman
journeyman
[Linked Image]

It's either that or just a placeholder for the creature you summon with a Figurine of Wondrous Power.

Anything that can stay in camp is not 'normal'. LOL🤣

enthusiast
enthusiast
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'd gladly replace wizardo

C
stranger
stranger
C
For those who have seen the armour datamines and aren't big fans of the Sorcerer/Barbarian, there are alternate versions tucked away in the files.

Barbarian: https://imgur.com/a/HkLm4Er

Sorcerer: https://imgur.com/a/senv4OI

Alternate Sorcerer has a buttcape that crashes the game if you try and enter a "cutscene" with it (any dialogue etc.), similar to the cloak issue. It doesn't impact the normal Sorcerer cloak because that doesn't have cloth physics yet and seems to just be rigged to the skeleton.

Edit: Also, plate armour with four butt capes that also crashes the game: https://imgur.com/a/aNcgmY7

Last edited by Chubblot; 01/12/20 01:40 PM.
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Now that I've spoken with Scratch as a Druid I feel we must deconfirm the "Scratch is evil" theory again.

Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard