Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger

Melee attacks against prone opponents are made with disadvantage if it is dark? In DnD5e, it should be advantage. At the very least, if I have disadvantage and advantage, it should just be a normal role. Or am I crazy?

addict
addict
You are correct. If you have Disadvantage from lack of vision, you still have Advantage if you melee a prone target, which gives a normal roll.

In BG3 currently, Disadv. and Adv. do not cancel out if there is more of one than the other. So if you have 2 Disadv., and 1 Adv., the game gives you Disadv. In 5e, they do not stack and just cancel each other no matter (a debatable rule in my opinion, but officially it is the rule).

nb : in current BG3 and 5e, if the creature is unconscious/KO, than it is an automatic Critical (a DM would probably disagree if you have Disadvantage at the moment).

Last edited by Baraz; 27/10/20 03:45 AM.
L
addict
addict
L
So 5 ads vs 1 disad means normal roll.
I think we can continue to play test bg3 with 2 ads vs 1 disad give advantage (etc). Seems a reasonable change from 5e

addict
addict
Originally Posted by LostSoul
So 5 ads vs 1 disad means normal roll.
I think we can continue to play test bg3 with 2 ads vs 1 disad give advantage (etc). Seems a reasonable change from 5e

Yep. Makes sense to me.

Link Copied to Clipboard