Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#718871 27/10/20 03:06 PM
OP Offline
As patch 1, patch 2 fails because "not enough space on disk", still there are 62+ free GB. What's the patch size? Is a complete reinstall necessary again as for patch 1? (on GOG)

Does patch 2 solve the problem of the game not launching? If not, perhaps I'll just wait until the problem is fixed.

EDIT: apparently, 80 GB are not enough either

Last edited by Redglyph; 27/10/20 03:09 PM.
OP Offline
Verify/repair fails too (E4), as it did after patch 1. Way to go, Galaxy, I hope Steam users have fewer problems with those updates.

stranger
stranger
Bump. Similar Issue. GOG is either downloading at incredibly slow pace, or update fails. Can confirm that my friend has the same issue.

apprentice
apprentice
Same issue here on GOG. Update starts and then fails at 20%, reattempt and fails at 10%, reattempt and fails at 22%. Verify / Repair has the same results when it gets to the download part.

journeyman
journeyman
Same here.
I left a ticket on GOG as well.
This is the first major game I purchased on GOG, since I wanted to support the company, but if I have to deal with issues like these consistently it will be the last - I'll stick to Steam.

OP Offline
I finally had to uninstall the whole game, this updating in loop was really messy.

I never had this problem with another game, I suppose there are different ways to provide the game packages to GOG and this format is not what it likes best. I had left a ticket as well.

Freedom has a price wink

Release broke steam, it is only fair that Patch 2 breaks GOG. I got it crashing also when trying to install.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Same problem on Steam. Patch file is 3,6GB. Got 20GB free on HDD. But update fails. Steam says I need 86,5GB of free space. Strange. Hope this can be solved.

X
stranger
stranger
X
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
Release broke steam, it is only fair that Patch 2 breaks GOG. I got it crashing also when trying to install.

Naww this happened on GOG with patch 1 as well

veteran
veteran
As with the first patch, the update preallocates space for an entirely new copy of BG3 (~85GB), downloads the small patch, then does something along the lines of copying/moving large amounts of data, finishing up with deleting those 85GB it just preallocated.

For anyone still having troubles/has not yet downloaded the update, make sure you have at least 85GB of space. Alternatively, delete the game and do a fresh install.

stranger
stranger
I'm having an issue installing the patch on Steam too. It shows that the 3.6 GB has already been downloaded but it still isn't complete. I keep seeing the time remaining refresh and go from an estimated 10 minutes to 1 year to install... I'm so confused with what's going on with the patch that makes it uninstallable.

To mention, I have 200+ GB of space free on my SSD so that definitely isn't an issue.

Edit: Just paused my download and resumed. Now it's acting like those 3.6 GB didn't even install.

Last edited by Fiend; 27/10/20 08:11 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard