Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
So far, going by the recent patch seems they are more worried about petting the dog and correcting cinematics and visual stuff.

There has been no mention of them actually trying to get the rules right, given that it's a D&D 5E and there are many mistakes (ie: mages learning cleric spells from scrolls, bonus action jumping to disengage + all the stuff in this forum.....).

I just finished Solasta EA and I'm surprised at how many things they got right for a 16-man team! I mean, I can even use the dodge action, reaction when something attacks me or even counterspell, ready actions....all the basics mostly works fine too.

So how come many things be done right by a much smaller team? But not by Larian.

I don't really know if Larian is listening.

What do you think?

Last edited by Tequilaman; 27/10/20 03:31 PM.
I'm also quite worried, they seem to think 75% took the good path because they want to play a good character. I can say that I saved the thieflings in the good path the first playthrough because I wasn't given a decent motivation to go help the goblins. Hell I didnt even know about an alternative until I saw the forums about Minthara. And there are many threads on this with the same problem. If you help the evil side you then get shafted by the game over and over. How Larian does not realize this after all the feedback threads they've gotten on the broken evil path is beyond me.

Last edited by Moirnelithe; 27/10/20 03:39 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Let me use copy paste because I’ve said that this earlier

I’m using this argument for a while regarding what’s the Larian counterpart for the community feedback.

-DOS2 “we’ve removed weapon durability”. Yes, that’s it. That’s all you’ll get.

And after 3 years after full release Larian will incorporate QoL mods in their system that was created by the community as well.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m also suggesting many things to the game and so on. But I’m not expecting to have this problem solved &/or to have my opinions implemented.

The point of feedback in EA is not supposed to be “hey customer, let’s work together and develop the game”. It’s more like: “I have a project, here’s my concept, could you please be so kind and increase my cashflow?”

Last edited by Sludge Khalid; 27/10/20 03:35 PM.
addict
addict
There are already several threads discussing Larians silence and whether or not we players should have more patience regarding updates. Sadly I haven't learned how to link threads yet.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Yeah, this update pissed me off a bit.
Not for the lack of big changes in the patch (I already said more than once that minor hotfixes are all I'm expecting on the long term) but because the official post that accompanied the patch spent most of its length throwing useless factoids at us without even PRETENDING to acknowledge (let alone address) the most recurring points of criticism.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
I
old hand
old hand
I
I miss Paradox style Dev Diaries.

D
D
Originally Posted by Tuco
Not for the lack of big changes in the patch (I already said more than once that minor hotfixes are all I'm expecting on the long term) but because the official post that accompanied the patch spent most of its length throwing useless factoids at us without even PRETENDING to acknowledge (let alone address) the most recurring points of criticism.

I agree that I think they should've at least commented on gameplay mechanics since it's been such a hot topic, especially the 5e and homebrew stuff. Something like "Our team is experimenting with changes to gameplay mechanics based on feedback and will get back to you later on" would have sufficed. Like I saw someone on Reddit comment, they're most likely different teams working on cinematics, bugs, what we got, compared to gameplay related stuff, which might just not be ready by now. After all, there is a lot of feedback and data to go through. But a comment on the topic would have been nice

enthusiast
enthusiast
I mean, I'm happy for the patch and what it fixes. I would like to have a Larian guy or gal saying "we are currently discussing the gameplay feedbacks" tho.
You don't need a player base giving you feedback on crashes and screwed cinematics, a simple AI could do that work. You need a player base to collect feedbacks on game mechanics and balance of the game and there is still silence on the matters from the studio.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Of course they aren't.

They didn't listen during DivOS development and they didn't listen during DivOS2 development. This is the age of social media and they could release a statement that would placate everyone within a few seconds. Most companies have PR specifically to do this and are still duplicitous. They know this will sell like DivOS and DivOS2 and they've already cashed in on BG3 pretty hard with a legal caveat in case they decide to never finish it.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Moirnelithe
I'm also quite worried, they seem to think 75% took the good path because they want to play a good character. I can say that I saved the thieflings in the good path the first playthrough because I wasn't given a decent motivation to go help the goblins. Hell I didnt even know about an alternative until I saw the forums about Minthara. And there are many threads on this with the same problem. If you help the evil side you then get shafted by the game over and over. How Larian does not realize this after all the feedback threads they've gotten on the broken evil path is beyond me.

Maybe I'm being naive but I hope Larian is just fooling around with this update and is working on making these changes behind the scenes. They still have 18 months to do it. I have however heard a lot of bad things about the DOS2 EA where they hardly changed anything about the story, so if nothing regarding that is announced fairly soon I will have to hop on the hate bandwagon.

enthusiast
enthusiast
@Vhaldez

I backed DivOS and DivOS2. They doubled back on promises that where bought and paid for and ignored community feedback even by people who had paid a premium for that privilege. It wasn't just DivOS2 EA. I genuinely do not understand how people can still defend Larian in this day and age.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Argonaut
@Vhaldez

I backed DivOS and DivOS2. They doubled back on promises that where bought and paid for and ignored community feedback even by people who had paid a premium for that privilege. It wasn't just DivOS2 EA. I genuinely do not understand how people can still defend Larian in this day and age.

Damn. I didn't know about this. I thought EA was all about hearing feedback. Oh well.

I just want little fixes or even a false promise like "we're listening to feedback about gameplay, etc...".

LIE TO ME LARIAN lol

addict
addict

The only problem are people putting a morality value on the consequences instead of on the decisions/motivations of the characters. That's valid for posters and some people at Larian. It's not just about that quest. The companion's alignment threads are full of people arguing X or Y are good because they like pets. Go check the D&D alignment description, none of them says you can't like pets if evil or that good have to like pets.

Stealing isn't evil only when you get caught. It's always bad.
Saving people because you wanted to get revenge on someone holding them captive isn't you being a goody-two-shoes.
Killing the 3 leaders because Haslin won't help you otherwise and he looks like the best healer option isn't you going out of your way to save the Tieflings and play the hero.

I suspect most people have never seen the Raid/Defend the Grove, as the game set you on the "kill the 3 leaders" path from the start. I'm even surprised that they call the Defend the Grove the good path when you have to betray the trust of both the Tielfings and Minthara to get there. You're character is a selfserving asshole on that path.

veteran
veteran

I think the problem is not that larian doesn't address anything, is that it seems like they're addressing very specific things - the data they get from our playthroughs. It's the second or third time since the release of the EA that all Larian is talking about is data they collected from people playing the game. nothing about comments from the community. like we are some kind of lab rats in their experiment lol

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Abits

I think the problem is not that larian doesn't address anything, is that it seems like they're addressing very specific things - the data they get from our playthroughs. It's the second or third time since the release of the EA that all Larian is talking about is data they collected from people playing the game. nothing about comments from the community. like we are some kind of lab rats in their experiment lol

Wait, but did you know 30% of players walked west instead of east and 50% attacked Astarion instead of recruiting him. Oh, but wait, 80% decided to use speak with the dead with the dude that's just lying there. Also, 70% don't give a shit about these facts, but we do!

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L

You know aside from a few people this place is nearly an echo chamber and the population is quite small; you have the same 5-6 retards bitching about 5e not being RAW, you have a bunch of people requesting for X or Y class, a bunch of bugs that are probably going to be addressed first, and a handful of QoL.

Even some of the most communicative devs (GGG for example) will not acknowledge what people think are major concerns unless it actually is. They have a ton more data than we do and we have no idea what their internal state is.

At the end of the day we represent a very small portion of the user base and most of the missing content isn't even released so the weight of our feedback is a bit diminished.

It's whatever though, if you want them to listen you'll need to get a nice tidal wave of criticism going and I think their focus is going to be more on the narrative side of things at the end of the day.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Whenever I read someone concerned about the line of action regarding feedbacks I share this link

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/sil...e-flaws-of-divinity-original-sin-ii/amp/

Use the search to find “the big issue”

You are ready to go regarding your expectations vs feedbacks

The worrying part is that the conclusions they reach based on that data they collect seem to have some serious bias. I would even call it tunnel vision.

addict
addict
Btw, I have to apologize for my earlier comment. I had not yet noticed the recent community update.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Argonaut
@Vhaldez

Guess it's time to uninstall and come back in two-three years then.

The worrying part is that the conclusions they reach based on that data they collect seem to have some serious bias. I would even call it tunnel vision.

Isn't the 75%-25% thing just a meme? Surely they're not really thinking people ignore the "evil" path because they are good in real life.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard