Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Trireme Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
In conversation with Shadowheart -> selected Persuasion option -> d20 charisma check appeared -> game stopped responding to inputs.
Mouse clicks and keyboard inputs produced no response: the die never rolled, and it was impossible to
reach any menus. F8 did not quick load, so the only option was to close the game and relaunch.
v4.1.85.1780

Edit: further details: Conversation was at the Blighted Village after picking up the damaged helmet and seeing Shadowheart's "trick of the light". Game froze again after reload, so I tested further. Shadowheart searching the body and picking up the helmet led to the freeze 3 times in a row. The player character searching the body and picking up the helmet allowed the skill check to proceed as normal.

Last edited by Trireme; 27/10/20 06:19 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
I experienced this as well and based on your further details decided to test Gale picking it up, and if he does it also leads to the same glitch. I believe it may have to do with the fix that was implemented which is supposed to show all character's dice rolls when they're present. I'm not sure where I've seen this indicated to begin with, but its likely tinkering with who's active for X roll is causing this.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I had this happen but in a different area/check

Are you guys running Vulkan or DirectX?

I had an issue running directX a while back which seemed to be solved by swap[ping back to vulkan. I swapped back to(and currently) using direct x so I could tab out of the game

Last edited by 0Muttley0; 27/10/20 07:44 PM.

Love and sausages xx
T
stranger
stranger
T
I'm using Vulkan, have you tried using the main player character for the other check you're indicating? Is it only occurring when you use somebody other than your main?

H
stranger
stranger
H
I had the same problem, in the same area, I knew what was going to happen, so I let her pick it up to see if it was a different from my other playthroughs. But now I am going to pick it up again...

apprentice
apprentice
I can confirm this, because yesterday I had the problem about four times in exactly the same place. The problem only occurs with the corpse with the helmet. That doesn't happen at the altar itself.

And I've only been playing the game under DX 11 since the beginning because of the better 4k support.

It doesn't matter which char you use your main character has to roll the dice and then it stucks.
4x tried and thus tried every party member through.

Last edited by Flafnir; 29/10/20 05:39 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
same stuck as well, had to kill the process with task manager [Linked Image]

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Same problem few moments ago. Roll on charisma for a persuasion check in the Underdark. Conversation wth Brug after a failed pickpocket attemp. Opted for the persuasion option. What happened is shown in the screenshot.

[Linked Image]

stranger
stranger
Same problem with a persuasion check when entering the temple of Selune. Main Character asking Shadowheart why she is so keen to get out quick.

UPDATE: Reloaded and retried with the same result

Last edited by itsecman; 29/10/20 09:15 PM. Reason: addendum
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Interesting how this bug seems to happen only with Persuasion rolls. (I know that 8 cases are not enough to make assumptions ^^ laugh )

R
stranger
stranger
R
Not sure if I lucked out or found a way around it but when I reloaded and made sure to enter with my PC selected (and not Shadowheart, since I was using her to bludgeon the wall down), I was able to roll my persuade.

stranger
stranger
I also had this occur, however I was in the Dank Crypt, trying to use 2 characters to find/disarm the traps. I sent Astarion to disarm one, and without thinking, then swapped to my PC to do another, when the dice roll came up, I am assuming Astarion was supposed to make it, however I was not currently selected to him, therefore could not actually make the roll. No inputs worked, so had to force-exit the game.

Interesting that others have had the same problem but for much different reasons it seems?

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
So to resume what there is in common:

Persuasion check
Target 1

I
stranger
stranger
I
same thing in 2 situations, both persuasion checks. Seems to happen when it forces the PC to make the checks for me. Happened at when talking to Spike and the Githyankis at the bridge.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Had the same issue.
Shadowheart picked up treasure which launched a conversation. Chose the option to make a Persuasion roll and system 'stuck' on the die roll.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I'm getting the same issue. In the Goblin Camp, talking to Spike in the torture chamber. version 4.1.85.570

I ran through the dialog once, I tried to intimidate spike, didn't like that I failed the die roll so I hit F8 to quick load... (Yeah I know... I'm that kinda player for my first play through... sue me! hehehe)

Anyways when I reloaded in, and in the dialog I tried to use the Connect with Wyls Brain choice, and the game became stuck in the die roller.

Had to End task from task manager to get out of the game.

Reloaded back in and just tried intimidate again... only this time I became stuck in the die roller once again. (Pic is from this time). Decided this was a serious bug and came here to tell you all about it.

Hope this helps & that it gets a fix ASAP!

Thank you for the great game so far!
[img]https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...EA/p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5[/img]

stranger
stranger
Happened to me too at the same spot. I'm on Vulkan. The same thing happened to me yesterday in a dialog over opening Selune chest in Owlbear cave.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Also encountered the same.

Mine was at the Githyanki patrol. Lae'zel had run off as she does so I was controlling Astarion in sneak trying to get him in a nice spot but getting too close triggered the cinematic. The persuasion roll then bugs out as others are finding.

Replicated this at the same spot while controlling Wyll and not in stealth. Doesnt happen 100% of the time but multiple reloads and it happens more than not.

Seems good chance its to do with triggering a PC persuasion roll while in control of a different character?

E
stranger
stranger
E
happened to me as well, several times in different places. I can confirm I got this:

- at the entrance of the goblins village, on an [ILLITHID][WISDOM] check with target 1 as I was sneaking around the guards and triggered cinematic by letting the boulder loose
- in the goblins temple, while triggering the dialog with wyll and spike (can't remember the check/target)
- a couple other times, unfortunately didn't immediately take a note of it so I don't remember the details

playing using DX11

K
stranger
stranger
K
Its in the village where you talk to the three Ogres. I succeeded in convincing them to work for me and discovered a diary which leads to a cut scene where Shadowheart's hand glows. When you have the option to roll a persuasion check to ask he more about it, the game freezes at the die roll. The d20 just pulses but you can't do anything. Even "ESC" doesn't work.

Id attach a screen shot, but that option isn't available.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard