Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
stranger
stranger
L
I had the same issue also when entering the temple and trying the persuasion check. And again..also after force closing the game and trying again. Maybe I'll try intimidation check, but I'm thinking I have to drop the subject until the bug is fixed.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Game Freezes when discovering a Boar with no blood around it. Astarion tries to shrug it off and you can make a medicine check or leave. The medicine check has forced me to close it with the task manager 3 times.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Happened to me here:

Persuasion check for 20 with shadowheart when opening the chest next the statue after killing the owlbear
Shadowheart: "Do not trifle with that moon or her trinkets. Only trouble will follow"

I have a +4 modifier, target says 16, dice is stuck infinitely spinning on 20

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Same problem here. Any of the options I choose (and regardless of character selected) when trying to persuade Shadowheart results in being stuck on the roll screen.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
Interesting how this bug seems to happen only with Persuasion rolls. (I know that 8 cases are not enough to make assumptions ^^ laugh )

You are absolutely right, the problem only arises with convincing throws. So I died convincing astarian because I couldn't roll the dice. So the game crashed with the wild boar with the convincing throw. So the game crashed at the patrol to convince the git which then stopped loading after a few times and just killed the whole grp. The same problem occurs with the hag, etc. etc. I could bring the list to any convincing throw that is not made with the larva.

What annoys me the most about this is the situation that Larian doesn't seem to take it seriously. If I look at other EA games like taindet Grail which are even represented in the Discord, such problems are almost repaired so every few days. But here the last patch was 10/27/20 then on the 30th some useless win 7 patch WTF. So that's what I call trolling at the highest level. Don't hold it against me, but I'm getting really frustrated with some states in the game that haven't been resolved in any pach. Does anyone else see it that way or am I just too sensitive?

Last edited by Flafnir; 10/11/20 02:22 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Same issue - Astarion is eternally drinking the hero's blood. I'm not on Vulkan - that seemed to cause odd problems

B
stranger
stranger
B
I have had the problem as well and I think I have figured it out. If you are using Shadowheart as the party leader (to execute things in the dungeon) these rolls hang. If you put the characer you created back in charge the rolls works.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I just joined the forums to post what Ballack said above worked for me.

It would appear when there is a skill check in a dialogue that involves a character that isn't selected before entering into the dialogue, the game becomes soft locked and will not let you roll. All controls are dead.

I have a game save right before I encounter someone being tortured in the goblin encampment. When you enter dialogue here, there is a skill check involving my main character. If I enter into this dialogue with anyone besides my main character selected the game is soft locked and I must alt-f4. If I select my main character and enter into the dialogue I am able to roll. I have had this issue with Vulcan and DirectX 11.

Thanks for the post Ballack, I was about to quit playing.

Last edited by SmokinGun; 23/11/20 04:18 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Same for me too, shadowheart firstly in the blighted village and the book where the 3 ogres were, persuasion check. Same again day after and happens regularly but always seems to be during a check that has a "bracket", ARCANA or PERSUATION etc. I never really noticed this problem at all in my first 2 play throughs which is very weird. Playing a halfling wizard with Shadowheart, Lae'zel and Astarion currently and it is happening a lot now.

Please fix as this is very frustrating, can't do anything but Alt-F4 or Alt-Tab or CTRL-ALT-DEL etc. and don't belive this is a graphics card crash as the dice still "pulses" and turns...

In goblin camp, if I have Wyll lead when walking up to Spike, the following dice roll will be stuck. But if I use my main, then no issue.

apprentice
apprentice
Just had this with the Gnoll leader as well. Illithid/Wisdom check target 1.
EDIT: and it's repeatable
EDIT 2. Switched to DX11 but also randomly got MC as the conversationalist and it went through just fine. I think it was the conversationalist that counted, but the game randomly chooses who to initiate dialogue with in this case.

Last edited by Ravenfeeder; 23/11/20 11:00 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
same with Shadowheart after killing the ogres in the blighted village. SH picks up a book about missing children has a flash of light on her hand. says nothing is wrong.
do a wisdom check to enter SH thoughts got clicking d20 role. check was 7. had to close the game to type this report.
had a similar issue at the Duke's house when SH tried to use a strength check to knock down the door. did not have this issue with an earlier playthrough. then SH story was not fleshed out so did not have the check at the village that time.

B
B
Just posting +1 to say that I've had this issue as well.

It's sufficiently annoying that I've put my playthrough on hold for now. Larian, guys, this should really be a priority. I'm honestly disappointed that there hasn't been a hotfix in over three weeks.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Bump. Same issue. For fucks sake larian, get your shit together.

journeyman
journeyman
Same here, persuasion die skill check twice in a row. (edit) In fact after trying all fixes, reloading too I'm going to stop my runs there as the die is a major part of the game and is utterly broken at this point, every persuasion roll, and every other intimidation roll crashes the game and it needs an urgent fix..Larian can you email us when you have fixed the issues with the die and the UI please as it's quite unbearable and I wouldn't like to go off the game before full release..Guys also please bare in mind it is Early Access and there will be issues and crashes, heaven knows I go off my head with bugs when a games established as Raze will tell you, I still owe him an apology bless him for some of my posts in my D:OS2 rages. In this case it's two key components of the game making it unplayable at this point so that's why I'm stopping right there. Fantastic Game though Larian, fantastic..Oh before I shoot off for a bit, guys can you keep the party selection as it is, I know some people have moaned but it's your signature set up and part of what makes the game challenging as they ARE supposed to split the party and play tactfully, so far using this I've one shot Auntie Ethel and Killed the Owlbear without it getting one hit on any team member..To one shot Auntie Ethel is easy, she is always the one on the left ramp as you enter, simply seperate and sneak with your knight by the rock and when the fight starts walk behind her and shove her off, must have 18 strength though, you'll get the gear when you go underworld.

Last edited by legless; 28/11/20 10:51 PM.

We have a saying amongst PC users, Look after your PC ,and That's what I've done and I've maintained it for 20 years, this old PC has had 17 new Cards and 14 new Boards in it's time and it's still the same PC
S
stranger
stranger
S
I think this is a pretty deep problem.
I've had about 6 game sessions ruined by this and had to repeat areas / zones as I don't save often enough.

I think the only advice I can give is to save every 20-30 minutes as the game it just too buggy to have hour long sessions then to fall victim to this is a killer.

I know they say the game is in beta and we should accept that the quality of the product varies, but sometimes I wish I'd waited till actual release before playing this game.

I can't say there is any pattern to the times the dice roll has frozen the game, as i've said, it's happened to me about 6 times and at various points with various characters.
I don't believe there is any one way to make this happen, it could be any number of factors.

When the bug / glitch does happen, this is the effect:
1. you can't do anything with your mouse, i.e. you can't click on anything and left clicks don't trigger the 'roll' of the dice
2. you can't use the escape key to get to the main menu, so no access to saving / loading
3. hot keys for save / load don't work either
4. you can't switch active players (not sure if that's on the screen ui, but I hoped that was a way out of the dialog, then access save, but no purchase)

anyway, as i've said before, the only advice is to save OFTEN, it can happen on any dice check you have to manually trigger.
I hope the next patch coming out soon will address this bug.

B
B
People were mentioning it earlier in the thread, but the (a) major trigger appears to be when you have a non-PC party member selected when you start a conversation. If you want to keep playing on the current version, make sure you always have your main character selected for social interaction.

I'm also hoping this bug gets addressed with the coming patch.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
The general trigger is: you enter conversation with a companion, but the conversation then switches to the PC and requires a roll by the PC.

There might be other triggers/situations, but that one always causes problems.

This is not only a bug, but a gameplay issue also - you can't use companion skills in some situations, so your PC has to have all of the critical skills instead, no matter how you want to play them.

[edit] [just got beat to this point by the prior post; consider mine a confirmation]

Last edited by RBarbare; 04/12/20 11:34 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard