Next Thread
Print Thread
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J

Major Bugs

Below is a list of any and all bugs I have found during my 132 hours of playtime.
I will update this if I find more during my 4th playthrough. If you want me to add
something, feel free to comment with picture/video demonstrating the bug and I will
update the list. Also, if you haven't completed act 1, potential spoilers ahead!!

Sneak Attack
  • Doesn't work consistently. image
  • See combat log portion of image. Used sneak attack, had advantage, only did 8 piercing + 2 poison. No bonus sneak attack dmg.
  • Sneak attack also almost NEVER works on ranged attacks. image
  • Also, sneak attack should be a toggle like Opportunity Attack. In D&D if I miss my main hand attack I can still inflict a sneak attack with my offhand and I should be able to sneak attack with specialty arrows when going for ranged sneak attacks

Dual Hand Crossbows
  • When wielding both crossbows, if you switch from ranged to melee, game hard crashes (no bug report option)
  • I have tested this with a multitude of other options and I can't find any workaround
  • Ranged Off-hand attack is listed as an Action when it should be a Bonus Action. image

Dual Wielder Feat
  • Currently does not add the bonus AC for having a melee weapon in each hand

Off-Hand Attack
  • Off-Hand Attack isn't properly adding your STR/DEX modifier to attack roles. image
  • Two-weapon fighting specifically says you don't add your modifier to the DAMAGE of the attack unless it's negative. It says nothing about the ATTACK roll. image

Light Cantrip
  • Does not consistently remove obscured by shadows from targets adjacent to creatures that had the cantrip cast on them. image

Tattered Roots of Infinite Falling
  • The tattered Roots that lead to the petrified Drow (right after the backpack on the Ruptured Stone) are impossible to climb. Every member of my party will fall through the ground upon reaching the top of the climb and then die. video
  • Current workaround is to jump up the ledge
  • Tried loading a few times, same outcome every time.

Mage Armor + Shield of Faith
  • Mage armor brings Gale to 15AC, Shield of faith does NOT bring Gale's AC to 17. I believe the two aren't stacking properly.
  • Tested with Wyll, still doesn't stack.

Bugged Enemy Opportunity Attack
  • Weird scenario where my character moves in for an attack but instead receive an Opportunity Attack, didn't even attack, and Action was consumed. image
  • I should note the pathing was a direct line (not running around the target) so there was no real scenario that would incur an OA and my character didn't even swing so there was no option for a miss. Image shows there was no attempt at an attack. Only says she used the ability. This has happened 5 times so far
  • Happened again except this time I was moving into position for a backstab, pathing didn't say I would incur an OA yet the target swung at me.
  • Also I should note that because I was only moving into position, it didn't consume my action. However, it now says I'm too far from the target even though we're perfectly adjacent and our circles are overlapping. image

In Case of Death with Gale
  • Gale's death was triggered by my custom character failing to win the roll against Astarion while allowing him to have some blood and being, presumably, sucked dry. My custom character survived but Gale was dead and necrosis was all over. I did not see any magical projection as the quest text states there was.
  • During second playthrough, Gale asked me for an item to consume and after giving it to him, there was blood all over his bed and a brief animation began for what I would assume to be the magical projection but it immediately ended and gale walked over to his spot.

Stealing Objects using Containers
  • By placing a container next to an object, you can open the container and place the owned object in the container and no one will react to it being stolen. video

Aura of Fall Damage
  • Jumping down long distances into a nook seems to delay the fall damage while only initially applying the out going damage.
  • Jumping again a second time seems to deal the full damage to both the jumper and the person/object being jumped on as though the jump was the throw item action. video

Threat Disadvantage Range
  • The threat range to ranged attackers is greater than the melee attack reach range. Even though I'll be out of melee attack range, my ranged based characters still suffer the reduced attack hit % (not disadvantage?) of threat even though, technically, they aren't within melee threat range.

Minor Bugs

1d4 Light Crossbow/Shortbow
  • In the beginning of the 1st act when you encounter the mind flayer trapped beneath the rubble, one of the stranded fishermen has a 1d4 light crossbow that should be 1d8. image
  • Also there's a 1d4 short bow within that same group. image

Conversation with Karlach
  • I'm mostly assuming this is unfinished but after conversing with Karlach and she says she's going to leave, the conversation ends and the quest objective doesn't update. She also continues to sit there and do nothing. image

Fizzik & Wyll Conversation Bug
  • When successfully killing Fizzik's allies and capturing him ALIVE, Wyll has an exclamation point above his head and when you speak to him, he acts as though we killed him and didn't get to question him, even though he did
  • I believe this bug happens because at the end of the conversation with Fizzik, Wyll says "kill it" and I chose to deliver the final blow which led to the 'death w/o capturing him' conversation.
  • This could also be because we didn't knock him unconscious. Gale hit him with the staff that has a chance to entangle and upon being entangled, Fizzik's dialogue cutscene triggered.

Redcap Sickle
  • Specifically the sickles dropped by the red caps are 2d4 when they should be 1d4. Even BOOOAL drops/gives a 1d4 sickle.

Failed Pickpocket Notification Text
  • Any time I fail a pickpocket and the offended individual speaks to me, a bold red notice says "there's an interesting conversation nearby" but I'm fairly certain it's the conversation between me and the person who caught me pick pocketing. First noticed at the druid grove from the halfling trader at the cart just up the hill from the entrance and second time was at the Myconid Colony Trader at the mushroom garden.
  • After a full 2nd and 3rd playthrough, I can confirm this is caused by failed pickpocketing

Kou-Toa Conversation
  • I'm assuming this is more unfinished than it is a bug but if you choose to kill Boooal after succeeding the investigation and persuasion/performance checks, then speak to the zealot to convince them to worhsip you, you cannot select any of the dialogue options and get permanently stuck in that conversation forcing you to load to a previous save.
  • I've tried loading a quicksave 3 times and each time it's the same outcome.

Other Currency Value
  • The 1 platinum, 2 bronze, the pile of copper, and the electrum are all worth 1 gold.

Bulette
  • Seemed to do damage twice, one shot all my companions. 30-45 dmg per turn. Deadly leap 1 shot anyone it hit.
  • Could be high rolls, could be intended. Just worth noting.
  • This fight also demonstrates why Jump should be an action. Jump attack after the standard attack is WAY too powerful.

Dead Minotaur T-Pose
  • When you return to the area with the Minotaurs after defeating them, their dead bodies will be standing in T-Pose

Ruined Tower Button
  • In the Underdark, the window button in the ruined arcane tower's living quarters makes you run to the lower floor directly under it in order to interact with it.

Inventory Reset
  • Just like in DOS2, when players level up, traders restock their wares. However, in BG3 it seems to happen after certain quests are completed or just after returning at a later time. Some traders have unique items like the Circlet of Blasting.You can buy an additional Circlet later on. I now have 2; one for Gale and one for my Eldritch Knight.

Glut
  • Glut the Myconid sovereign does not have a stealth animation and his character just T-Poses and glides around

Crumpled Missive
  • The note dropped by the Drow Captain who are among the petrified Drow under the Spectator encounter (The Beholder) drops a missive that repeats a line 4 times. The context doesn't make sense for it to be a phrase intentionally repeated and 4 of the lines are in bold. Seems like a mistake. image

Halsin's Invisible Prisoner
  • When Halsin joins your camp, he stands near a small bone(?) prison made of wood/tusks and says "You imperiled the grove. I'm surprised you dare show your face" but nobody is in the enclosure.
  • This repeats infinitely, well beyond the celebration. image

Sussur Masterwork Weapon
  • I chose to craft a masterwork Sussur dagger. Masterwork is listed as "rare" but has the exact same properties as an uncommon +1 dagger. Seems odd. Also, the only options being two light weapons, a spear, and a great weapon seems odd. I would suggest the outcome being at least +2 and also granting the recipe to a longsword in place of a sickle. The sickle is like a downgraded dagger (no finesse property for sneak attacks). image

Last edited by Jossiwales; 30/10/20 04:11 PM.
Awesome list, well done. One note, the Sussur weapons all proc 'silence' on a hit but do not have that in their description. That's what makes them masterwork.

apprentice
apprentice
Mage armor is not concentration spell it is a straight 8 hour spell. I had my mage armor lost due to losing concentration, or being downed. It is 8 hour duration spell and should not go away when knocked down, slept, hit, etc... Only thing which should remove it is anti-magic or dispel magic

J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Kimo
Mage armor is not concentration spell it is a straight 8 hour spell. I had my mage armor lost due to losing concentration, or being downed. It is 8 hour duration spell and should not go away when knocked down, slept, hit, etc... Only thing which should remove it is anti-magic or dispel magic

I run a warlock with shadow armor and I use all my mage armor scrolls on gale and I have yet to encounter this bug. Can you include a screenshot of your combat log with this happening or a video?

Last edited by Jossiwales; 30/10/20 11:35 PM.
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Thanks for the note!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Seconding the following:
Major Bugs

Light Cantrip
Does not consistently remove obscured by shadows from targets adjacent to creatures that had the cantrip cast on them. image

Tattered Roots of Infinite Falling
The tattered Roots that lead to the petrified Drow (right after the backpack on the Ruptured Stone) are impossible to climb. Every member of my party will fall through the ground upon reaching the top of the climb and then die. video
Current workaround is to jump up the ledge
Tried loading a few times, same outcome every time.

Minor Bugs

Kou-Toa Conversation
I'm assuming this is more unfinished than it is a bug but if you choose to kill Boooal after succeeding the investigation and persuasion/performance checks, then speak to the zealot to convince them to worhsip you, you cannot select any of the dialogue options and get permanently stuck in that conversation forcing you to load to a previous save.
I've tried loading a quicksave 3 times and each time it's the same outcome.

edit: for me it showed the option and my steam nickname

Other Currency Value
The 1 platinum, 2 bronze, the pile of copper, and the electrum are all worth 1 gold.

Dead Minotaur T-Pose
When you return to the area with the Minotaurs after defeating them, their dead bodies will be standing in T-Pose

Ruined Tower Button
In the Underdark, the window button in the ruined arcane tower's living quarters makes you run to the lower floor directly under it in order to interact with it.

Sussur Masterwork Weapon
I chose to craft a masterwork Sussur dagger. Masterwork is listed as "rare" but has the exact same properties as an uncommon +1 dagger. Seems odd. Also, the only options being two light weapons, a spear, and a great weapon seems odd. I would suggest the outcome being at least +2 and also granting the recipe to a longsword in place of a sickle. The sickle is like a downgraded dagger (no finesse property for sneak attacks). image

edit: could not do a sickle, didnt know of a spear

J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Thanks for the post! Also, did you happen to find both hand crossbows? I'm curious if dual wielding hand crossbows crashes the game because of the loading property and the computer has no answer on how to deal with two of them / no crossbow expert feat.

J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Redcap ability Ironbound Pursuit says 4+1 bludgeoning damage. image
Actually dealt 3d10 + 4 bludgeoning for 25 dmg

Last edited by Jossiwales; 31/10/20 04:45 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard