Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#719814 28/10/20 01:47 AM
addict
OP Offline
addict
Is there any plans to add this cantrip? Help is nice and cool, but Spare the Dying is a pretty decent cantrip to have on hand. The ally won't be getting up with 1 hp like help but it is good so they don't die and you can't get to them.

Especially since enemies love to keep hitting the person that's down. Or is the "help" action supposed to be it? So does everyone get spare the dying essentially? I know there are a few spells missing but no idea if this is left out on purpose bc of help or one of spells to be added later.

Last edited by UnderworldHades; 28/10/20 01:48 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I think help is pretty much the replacement.

apprentice
apprentice
I'd agree that with help actually stabilizing a downed player there's no need for spare the dying (usually considered a mandatory cleric cantrip) and the medicine proficiency is a bit diminished. They could potentially make it useful if help takes a full action and spare the dying is a bonus action.

addict
OP Offline
addict
I think that is a good idea ^. Help does take your main action I believe, but spare the dying could be a good alternative if you don't want to use ur action to stabilize someone.

M
M
I hope they add hard limitations to the help action, in it's current form it is one of the contributing factors to why I never feel "scared" starting any encounter regardless of what I am up against.
Medicine DC x would be a minimum, but also, it's not supposed to bring people back to consciousness, just stabilize (i.e. no more death saves, but still at 0 HP). But I have a feeling that BG3 will be a bit more arcade'ish than the previous 2 installments so I frankly don't see that happening, hence why Spare the Dying does not seem like a cantrip that will have any worth, unless they make it Ranged and/or a Bonus Action.

Link Copied to Clipboard