Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M

So you can poison a few goblins drinking at the goblin camp by combining poison with their booze reservoir (the thing that looks like a toilet),
I've tried this with wyvern poison on a new playtrough, but it didn;t work.
It says 'combination failed', is this a bug? IT seems stupid that you can poison them with regular weapon poison, but not with more potent poison...

Alternatively, does anyone know a good place to source poison from? I;ve got heaps of it on my old playtrough, but can't for the life of me remember were I looted some.
I know the Zenth hide-out around Waukeen's Rest should have some, but I'm not that far yet on my new playtrough.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Well, it's kind of a waste to use wyvern poison on trash mobs. Even the game doesn't want you to :P

Last edited by Nyanko; 28/10/20 09:29 AM.
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
True, but that argument is pretty m00t considering that the idea should be to have as much freedom as is technically achieveable.
I'm rushing through this gameplay right now and want to significantly reduce the time the goblin camp encounter will take me.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by MuCephei
True, but that argument is pretty m00t considering that the idea should be to have as much freedom as is technically achieveable.
I'm rushing through this gameplay right now and want to significantly reduce the time the goblin camp encounter will take me.

Joke aside, I think it comes down to the fact the wyvern poison is for coating weapons and not for drinking. And so the game doesn't allow you to do it because it doesn't work with this type of poison. You have to use poison which specifically is inside some recipient you can drink.

And it's not illogical either. There are some poisons in our world which would do nothing to you if ingested but would kill you if it goes to your blood stream.

Last edited by Nyanko; 28/10/20 10:15 AM.
veteran
veteran

What people (and Larian) don't understand is that freedom is impossible in a video game that can't think like a human DM. Which leads to a lot of fake freedom and half baked story

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
I used the Potion of Poison, yes, that one works!

Originally Posted by Nyanko

Joke aside, I think it comes down to the fact the wyvern poison is for coating weapons and not for drinking. And so the game doesn't allow you to do it because it doesn't work with this type of poison. You have to use poison which specifically is inside some recipient you can drink.

And it's not illogical either. There are some poisons in our world which would do nothing to you if ingested but would kill you if it goes to your blood stream.

I can agree with this, but I was a bit bummed out that I couldn't use the sleep potion to achieve the same but non lethal result. I agree with Abits that it's very limiting. It would make sense to be able to use a multitude of poisons to kill, cause stomach cramps or put the goblins to sleep. Maybe even the option to openly add tons of booze and push them from tipsy to passed out.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Sleep potion doesn't really make sense either, unless you had dozens of them. One potion knocks out 24? HP worth of bad guys, so diluted it should do absolutely nothing to an entire camp full of creatures.
Spiking it with (Lots) of hard alcohol might make sense, but then the "common sense" of trying to combine it with a Barrel of Firewine would be fairly jarring. Maybe if you could just leave a Barrel of it near their current stash, or replacing an "Empty Firewine Barrel" with a full one.

addict
addict
How many wyvern poisons can you have - I have two in my second play through ....

N
old hand
old hand
N
I think there are only two. Haven't found any more after my 4th playthrough.

Link Copied to Clipboard