Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
D
If you don't like the EA, don't buy the EA. Wait for full game release. Me, I want to test things in EA, give feedback and participate in discussions. It isn't even that buggy for an EA. When I encounter bugs, I can just report them and carry on. I really don't see a problem here

addict
addict
+1

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Orbax
Ive been in EA for Star Citizen since 2012 dog. I paid 2 grand and all it means is I get insurance on my ships. Thug Life EA crews 4 lyf, its just hard knocks

Complaining about EA knowing Star Citizen players exist is indeed inappropriate XD

Especially there's nothing to complain about when it comes to Larian EA timeframes. It's straight-up unfair for them. They were quite straightforward when it comes to how is the EA going to look.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Ребята Larian делают действительно хорошие игры. Более того, они интересуются нашим мнением, собирают статистику, редактируют и исправляют многое, чтобы угодить игрокам. Что вам не так, собственно? То, что пришлось за это заплатить? А по вашему, им стоило совершить подвиг бескорыстия и просто раздать свой труд всем желающим, чтобы они могли высказать своё мнение? Год, конечно долгий срок, но шедевры не рождаются в одночасье. И лично для меня это большая удача, что нас допустили до участия в его создании. А станет ли игра шедевром, теперь зависит и нас тоже. Больше хороших идей, а не критики для взмыленных творцов Baldurs Gate 3. И удачи им от меня лично.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Abits
This argument of "we pay to find bugs in a game" is really strange. You talk as if you getting nothing out of this. Maybe you feel like that but I don't think it's true
"And we pay full prince too".

Yeah, it's frankly a stupid argument, because what people paid for is a full a game that will available later.
Playing the "early access" is the "preferential treatment" they get in exchange of forking the money in advance.

"We are paying to be playtesters when they should pay us for it" is also silly. Let's not pretend they weren't dying to try the game (and didn't complain when the EA was postponed too).
n fact no one ever forced their hand into the wallet. They are here because they want to.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Vilelia
Ребята Larian делают действительно хорошие игры. Более того, они интересуются нашим мнением, собирают статистику, редактируют и исправляют многое, чтобы угодить игрокам. Что вам не так, собственно? То, что пришлось за это заплатить? А по вашему, им стоило совершить подвиг бескорыстия и просто раздать свой труд всем желающим, чтобы они могли высказать своё мнение? Год, конечно долгий срок, но шедевры не рождаются в одночасье. И лично для меня это большая удача, что нас допустили до участия в его создании. А станет ли игра шедевром, теперь зависит и нас тоже. Больше хороших идей, а не критики для взмыленных творцов Baldurs Gate 3. И удачи им от меня лично.

yeah, I know it's unfair that people insist of using English when there are so many more beautiful languages out there. I, for example would prefer writing in Swedish. But now the world is what it is and English is the internationally number one accepted language so if you would like to be understood by the majority of the forum dwellers here I would recommend you to use that smile

Otherwise you get google's horrible translation of what you're trying to say:

"The Larian rebate is a devastatingly successful game. It's great, we're interested in remembering money, collecting statistics, editing and posting lots of things. What is not it, okay? So, what's priceless about it? By the way, what style do you expect to find and how can you get rid of all those things that you may have? God, though a long way, no harm is done in the end. And just for the sake of it, this is a great gift that you can access in your business. The game of shredding is hot, hot and cold. Great good idea, and no critique of the popular Baldurs Gate 3 stories."

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Anfindel
Originally Posted by drimaxus
My point here is that Early access doesn't have to have so many bugs, you don't need a whole year to re-balance combat or change surface effects on cantrips, make jump an action and all the crap we've been asking, you can do that in an update in a couple of months. But what this game has is mostly glitches, parts without cinematics or broken graphics, all that shouldn't be in the Early Access because we aren't here to report bugs, we are just here to talk about GAMEPLAY!!

And you base this assessment on your expansive background as a computer game developer? Your vast expertise in creating and programming RPG's? Your long involvement with Q and A of EA/Beta games? Oh, I know !! Your renown writing skills as portrayed by the numerous best selling fantasy novels, game products and artistic renditions of fantasy art.

Always amazes me how much knowledge of game development folks seem to think they have.

I am a 3d artist and a developer, I used to work at Ubisoft now I am a freelancer. What do you do?

D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by denhonator
Originally Posted by pinklily
That said, it would be really cool if, in the full release, they had a special 'thank you' item for early access players. This would be a nice gesture, but certainly not necessary.

While it is a nice thought, I don't like any exclusives that affect gameplay. It's like you're not supposed to have that. Feels like cheating. Rather just throw it away than use it. And on the other hand there will be some people wanting to have that exclusive item but can't.

Something that doesn't affect gameplay would be fine. Like exclusive hair, perhaps.

Exclusive pubic hair. Maybe long and braided

I like that thought! Its a unisex reward to. Dont want to shut down a part of your playerbase after all!

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Abits
This argument of "we pay to find bugs in a game" is really strange. You talk as if you getting nothing out of this. Maybe you feel like that but I don't think it's true

Yes I don't feel I do, I didn't like the game so far I felt it needs too much rework. Honestly I was hoping some things to be more polished or finished because I don't see why they shouldn't be, it's not like they need us to report the bugs. That should be a QA thing, we are used to reporting bugs as part of EA but that should not be our mission, only to comment on gameplay. Bugs can be found by testers

OP Offline
Originally Posted by virion
Ive been in EA for Star Citizen since 2012 dog. I paid 2 grand and all it means is I get insurance on my ships. Thug Life EA crews 4 lyf, its just hard knocks

Complaining about EA knowing Star Citizen players exist is indeed inappropriate XD

Especially there's nothing to complain about when it comes to Larian EA timeframes. It's straight-up unfair for them. They were quite straightforward when it comes to how is the EA going to look.

I just don't see the point in playing this early access and reporting issues that could have been found by a QA team first, most of the things we are reporting are bugs or things that were easy to spot.

So many things should have been reported and fixed prior to this release, but do you know why game companies release EA so early? Because they benefit from the bug reporting that we do, that is what they care the most. Our valuable playtesting hours, to know where the game crashes the most, where we die or the weird things that happen.

They don't care about our gameplay feedback so much, otherwise we would be getting official surveys from Larian to see what things we liked, what things we didn't. But no, most of their focus is on stability and bug fixing, and that is not what EA should be about!

Originally Posted by virion

I just don't see the point in playing this early access and reporting issues that could have been found by a QA team first, most of the things we are reporting are bugs or things that were easy to spot.

So many things should have been reported and fixed prior to this release, but do you know why game companies release EA so early? Because they benefit from the bug reporting that we do, that is what they care the most. Our valuable playtesting hours, to know where the game crashes the most, where we die or the weird things that happen.

They don't care about our gameplay feedback so much, otherwise we would be getting official surveys from Larian to see what things we liked, what things we didn't. But no, most of their focus is on stability and bug fixing, and that is not what EA should be about!

Well obviously you had a wildly different experience than many of us - I've actually ran in remarkably few bugs with 150 hours played (let me think: the Hag fight at the bottom of the pit, Kuo'Toa hanging dialogue after killing Boooal and crash at duergar skiff if I choose battle, possibly companion campscene triggers, other than that just a few cutscene quirks). So I'd say that's pretty good for an EA right?

As for feedback - I would expect them to fix gamecrashes (for people like you) first and worry about feedback once everyone is even able to play.

Last edited by Azarielle; 31/10/20 07:28 PM.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Azarielle

As for feedback - I would expect them to fix gamecrashes (for people like you) first and worry about feedback once everyone is even able to play.

Exactly that is my point, those should have been fixed before EA so we customers didn't have to endure with all the phase of playtesting for bugs and could focus in what we really want: talk about gameplay and ideas. Or did you buy the EA to be a bug tester? Cause if you like that, that is a paid job, you shouldn't do it for free.

Last edited by drimaxus; 31/10/20 07:38 PM.
OP Offline
Now I am wondering, how many of you bought the EA to check and report for bugs and crashes? Were you interested in that?

old hand
old hand
I bought the game to playtest and have Larian digest feedback. The first part went according to plan...

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
veteran
veteran
The second part is going according to plan too smile

OP Offline
This reminds me of how humanity got used to advertising in cable TV. Cable TV used to be an ad free service because you were paying for it. Somehow now we are all used to having advertising even though we pay for that service, the same happens with Early Access. We are used to being the bug testing force for the game companies and we are ok with that, when it shouldn't be

OP Offline
Originally Posted by The Composer

how's that so? Did Larian make official surveys or posted something about being interested in our gameplay ideas?

old hand
old hand

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Orbax; 31/10/20 08:02 PM.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
veteran
veteran

how's that so? Did Larian make official surveys or posted something about being interested in our gameplay ideas?

It's been only a few weeks, with a rough start for some. So main objective is to get the game running smoothly and fix crucial game-breaking issues before anything else. Patience, young Padawan 💖

I've personally been helping with documenting a lot of feedback, so for what ever effect my word is worth, the walls of text, pages upon pages are there to be read, processed and discussed. Enough to know it will take some time to actually go through all of it and do it proper justice, and not hurry out a blanket statement "just cause". There are so many good ideas and fantastic feedback, so it'd be a shame to not process it properly!

Nowadays companies finish the games 1 or 2 years after full release or never like with Warcraft reforged. xD

Last edited by Minsc1122; 31/10/20 10:43 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard