Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kadinho Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hello, everyone! More specifically to developers or moderators!

I come here to ask some questions about the translation of the game Divinity Original Sin that I am doing.
I noticed some errors or bugs in the game, and I wanted to ratify how it would be right. So let's get down to business.

For now, there are only four things that I saw strange in the game and I wanted to make sure that everything is going well!

1. The Book "The Legionnaire Companion".
A book with that name, but when you read it, it is nothing more than "Crafting and Cooking with Maradino".
I simply changed the name of "The Legionnaire Companion" to the real one...

Did you check the Original File? A. Yes. And it also happens in the Original Archive.

I wanted to know if this is right, if it was a mistake that went unnoticed by the final game.

2. Destroying the Door in the Tutorial region
When using Zandalor Trunk's, the text spoken by the character is different from the text written above his head. The actual spoken text appears written in the Dialog Log below the screen.

This same error does not happen if you don't use Zandalor Trunk's.

Did you check the Original File? A. Yes. And it also happens in the Original Archive.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/770970793530097674/770973369877135370/unknown.png

3. What is the problem with the Mission Log? The two initial missions, which appear right at the beginning, keep changing positions every time I press. I dont understand. Throughout the game, I believe this stops happening, but at the beginning there is a huge mess.

4. Katarina, the Fair. Hahaha
"Well, I'm Katarina the Fair, fairest first lady of the fair, of course."
There are many meanings for "Fair" in Brazil. Could you rewrite the sentence using other words?

I believe it is just that, for now...
Sorry for bad English. Stay in peace!

Kadinho grin

Last edited by Kadinho; 29/10/20 09:23 AM.
Support
Support

1. These are two different copies of the same book. You can rename one if you wish; officially it was decided that no change was required.

2. The text was likely changed after it was too late to redo the voiced line.

3. This is a known issue.

4. There are multiple meaning of fair in English, as well, which is the point of the sentence. The first two instances refer to beauty / attractiveness (the first might also refer to light completion / hair colour), while the third refers to the carnival (that group of entertainers).

Kadinho Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks for your answer, Raze! laugh
It will help me a lot!

1. So it's okay to change, isn't it? Or is it preferable that I don't change the name? Because I don't understand the reason for leaving it in the final game, since it was just a text to be rewritten.

2. Got it. But what about the text that appears in the Text log? He's not the same either. I imagine that the work to fix this is bigger than a simple translation I'm doing, but if you can instruct me, I would appreciate it.

3. Is there a way to fix this? I know that you guys at Larian would try to fix it, obviously. But I don't know... Maybe an incarnation appears and possesses me with a developer spirit as well. Never know. Hahaha

4. Thanks! Thank you so much!

Kadinho Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi! Raze! Can you help me with a question here?
I, as you may know, am doing the translation of Divinity Original Sin EE, but I got stuck on one thing ....

How do I transform the file I modified back to .pak?
I tried to do it ... I did it ... but the game didn't change the language.
Can you help me?

Kadinho

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard