Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nabbs #722141 29/10/20 08:07 PM
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Nabbs
Originally Posted by Warlocke
We don’t have any clues what the new cap is aside that it isn’t level 20.

How do you know it isn't 20? wiki shows spells upto 20.

Because in an interview Swen, the game’s director, said that it won’t be level 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5__muccL1c&list=LL&index=13&t=355s

Around the 52 minute mark.

Last edited by Warlocke; 29/10/20 08:16 PM.
Warlocke #722383 30/10/20 01:10 AM
U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by Nabbs
We don’t have any clues what the new cap is aside that it isn’t level 20.

How do you know it isn't 20? wiki shows spells upto 20.

Because in an interview Swen, the game’s director, said that it won’t be level 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5__muccL1c&list=LL&index=13&t=355s

Around the 52 minute mark.

I hadn't seen that info yet but I must admit, it is very disappointing if that remains true.

PMSbloodrage #722436 30/10/20 03:01 AM
T
T
Originally Posted by PMSbloodrage
I think it’s only fair for Lorian to provide further insight regarding how saved data and level caps will be managed as new content is introduced. I’d like to know if as new content is released (not meaning patches for bug fixes) I should expect to start from the beginning each time, or if my saved game data will available throughout the early access until the full release. This will greatly impact my play style throughout the early access.

Knowing which way this will be handled before hand will likely save players a lot of frustration and prevent an incredible amount of venting in the public forums.

I doubt even Larian knows exactly how the early access plays out. It will depend on what bugs they find or rule and balancing changes they need to make. If saves can continue with each new update will depend on what they have to change or fix. If everyone wants a different and more developed evil path and Larian decides that is a good thing to implement, then they may add it and it may break saves.

They can't come out and promise things XYZ are going to happen only to have to go back on their word when things don't work out that way.

Uberwilhelm #722440 30/10/20 03:09 AM
T
T
Originally Posted by Uberwilhelm

I hadn't seen that info yet but I must admit, it is very disappointing if that remains true.

Baldur's Gate 1 only went to 10th level (and lower if you multi-classed). Actually that was with the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion . . . the base game was just level 8.

We have to save some levels for an expansion or Baldur's Gate 4 😊

Last edited by trengilly; 30/10/20 03:09 AM.
C_Corday #722623 30/10/20 08:21 AM
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I have to point out to people: The game starts to go into insane power levels at 15+. Most DnD modules are produced at lower levels than that, and it's considered "the sweet spot" for 5th edition.

So unless Larian want's us to go full on god mode, then 20 is a bit insane.

Currently thought I feel reaching lvl 4 went too fast. 1-3 is okey that it's relatively fast, because level 1 and 2 are considered the tutorial levels (many campaigns start at 3 because that's when the fun starts).

Aurgelmir #722627 30/10/20 08:24 AM
T
T
Originally Posted by Aurgelmir

Currently thought I feel reaching lvl 4 went too fast. 1-3 is okey that it's relatively fast, because level 1 and 2 are considered the tutorial levels (many campaigns start at 3 because that's when the fun starts).

I agree, you get to level 4 too quickly and can reach the experience for level 5 long before you are ready to take the boat. I think you should only just barely make it to level 5 in the area we have available to us. Actually I think 3 is a little too quick also. But I'm sure Larian will be doing plenty of level balancing.

C_Corday #722655 30/10/20 08:57 AM
old hand
old hand
I don't mind it. I kind of hope we'll be in the 8-10 [advertised as max level] range by the time we get to the city. I much rather build my team[s] and play around with that for sixty hours, than get the party I want by the time the game is already over. As of right now, you find the Nightingale armor set [you know what I mean], you finally look like the fantasy ninja you wanted..... But there\s nothing left... Makes me sad.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard