Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#720980 28/10/20 10:59 PM
cal1s Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
... makes you fell in love with her ... I'm simple man, please dont mad at me, but that voice is sexy AF imho.

On my first playthru I deliberately left her out of the party so I had something to look forward to in my second playthru lol smile

T
T
+1, and for that matter all the voice acting in BG 3 has been fantastic.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Haha I know what you mean.
Grey DeLisle as Jeanette/ Therese in Vampire the Masquerade and as Catwoman comes to mind as someone who's like that for me too.
Azula too, yes I know that the character is underage but I was a kid back when I watched it too and it's the voice specifically that is hot :P. All I hear is Grey, she's so iconic.
Oh and Li Ming in Diablo 3.

addict
addict
Astarion's voice is pure sex. Neil Newbon, his voice actor, is also quite a handsome fellow.
I love the affected cadence and tone of his voice. That pompous little prick is super soothing on my eardrums.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by Svalr

Grey DeLisle as Jeanette/ Therese in Vampire the Masquerade and as Catwoman comes to mind as someone who's like that for me too.

The true men of taste were all for Velvet Velour.

"Her hair's blonde... On top".

Last edited by Tuco; 29/10/20 12:17 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
journeyman
journeyman
love all the voices except female 1 in the character creator. Nettie .. love it .. sounds so unique, I hope she gets more voice time later. Shadowheart .. so good!. Lae'zel .. So good! Wyll has a great voice but his dialog is pretty lame with the whole sword of frontiers jive and his sword handling sucks.

Everyone in the goblin base .. so good.. so good you hate them for it.

Really wanting my scottish/irish sounding dwarf tho and fingers crossed its in patch3? Paladins please thanks. =)

Last edited by Nabbs; 29/10/20 02:09 AM.

63% of all statistics are completely made up ~ Abraham Lincoln
Originally Posted by cal1s
... makes you fell in love with her ... I'm simple man, please dont mad at me, but that voice is sexy AF imho.

On my first playthru I deliberately left her out of the party so I had something to look forward to in my second playthru lol smile

To me, she sounds like a wise old soul in a young woman's body.

Originally Posted by Nabbs
love all the voices except female 1 in the character creator. Nettie .. love it .. sounds so unique, I hope she gets more voice time later. Shadowheart .. so good!. Lae'zel .. So good! Wyll has a great voice but his dialog is pretty lame with the whole sword of frontiers jive and his sword handling sucks.

Everyone in the goblin base .. so good.. so good you hate them for it.

Really wanting my scottish/irish sounding dwarf tho and fingers crossed its in patch3? Paladins please thanks. =)

Yes, I have a pnp dwarf cleric of light(flame actually, blesses the forges) that I always imagined with the scottish accent. Was like a fatherly figure to the group. I want to play him so bad, but the voices don't quite match. This, of course will change on final release. smile Can't wait!

All the voice acting is phenomenal! You can't help but like Astarion due to the acting, and yes, Shadowheart, I could romance 100%. Being an evil cleric though, that might be tough unless you can changed her mind in some way.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
Astarion's voice is pure sex. Neil Newbon, his voice actor, is also quite a handsome fellow.
I love the affected cadence and tone of his voice. That pompous little prick is super soothing on my eardrums.

I have been feeling so happy just replaying BG3 and listening to this man's voice.
He really captures that 9 int traumatized elf.
The choice to cast him as Astarion is superb.

“There is only one thing we say to Death:
Not today.”
S
addict
addict
S
Voice acting/writing is superb. Best part of EA BG3 for me. Re-playing Dragon Age Inquisition atm, and the voice acting and writing there is noticeably inferior to BG3. DAI ranges from great to laughably bad and oftentimes boring whereas BG3 is consistently superb.

S
Banned
Banned
S
She's got a horrible british anglo voice. Really screeching and annoying sounding. I expect this to be the voice of a 25 years old single mom of 3 from 3 different fathers living in london.

Wish they had used a good voice actress, like Laura Bailey.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Stahlhengst
She's got a horrible british anglo voice. Really screeching and annoying sounding. I expect this to be the voice of a 25 years old single mom of 3 from 3 different fathers living in london.

Wish they had used a good voice actress, like Laura Bailey.

Imagine thinking that Malady's voice isn't insanely soothing and wanting to hear generic Jaina for the 50th time.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

old hand
old hand
She sounds similar to Lelliana from DAO, just less deep.

apprentice
apprentice
I think Shadowheart is well-acted, but she sounds so brittle and brutish... can't imagine finding that sexy, though it is pleasant in its way and fitting and distinctive. I like it, but it's never gonna make me question my sexuality; the only thing that's ever come close to that has been Rachel Bloom poledancing. Then again, maybe there are sexy SH scenes I missed because I haven't played a gay PC yet? Feel free to tell me if so, and/or link a YT video.

Amelia Tyler (narrator), Jeanette, Velvet Velour--now THOSE are sexy voices, with Jeanette being the cutest-sounding and Amelia/VV sounding all woman.

Astarion, however... gd, Neil Newbon is crushing it. Much like my PCs would like to crush Astarion with their insides. He's like Tim Curry or David Bowie--everyone wants a piece of that whether they will admit it or not. The thirst is real.

T
T
And even the Scottish spiders in the goblin camp . . . fantastic!

apprentice
apprentice
My character is basically a simp just trying to get her to romance me....

Thx for that!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wynne
I think Shadowheart is well-acted, but she sounds so brittle and brutish... can't imagine finding that sexy, though it is pleasant in its way and fitting and distinctive. I like it, but it's never gonna make me question my sexuality; the only thing that's ever come close to that has been Rachel Bloom poledancing. Then again, maybe there are sexy SH scenes I missed because I haven't played a gay PC yet? Feel free to tell me if so, and/or link a YT video.

Amelia Tyler (narrator), Jeanette, Velvet Velour--now THOSE are sexy voices, with Jeanette being the cutest-sounding and Amelia/VV sounding all woman.

Astarion, however... gd, Neil Newbon is crushing it. Much like my PCs would like to crush Astarion with their insides. He's like Tim Curry or David Bowie--everyone wants a piece of that whether they will admit it or not. The thirst is real.

Imo, Shadowheart's voice is sexy in a more casual way especially when she flirts.
Jaenette in Vampire Bloodlines tho has a sexy voice in a more aggressive femme fatale way, Grey DeLisle is really good at voicing those type of characters.

Basically, Shadowheart's voice is sexy in a more '' equal '' way while Jaenette and Grey DeLisle's voice is sexy in a way that makes you want to submit to her lol.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by Wynne
I think Shadowheart is well-acted, but she sounds so brittle and brutish..

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean, especially since they seem to be almost contradicting terms.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by cal1s

I think I'd have to agree with that smile Do love the casual playful nastyness.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Svalr
Grey DeLisle's voice is sexy in a way that makes you want to submit to her lol.

I will always think of her as Viconia first, so yes, I will submit.to.that.

The acting in BG3 has really been above and beyond. There's so much personality in the voices alone, I don't even care if my cutscenes are glitchy; I just want to hear these people (and spiders!) talk.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard