Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tuv Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I found this when looking this up
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/j6se0n/tips_and_tricks_discovered_so_far_ea_spoilers/

If a potion is thrown and characters stay close enough then the effect is applied to everyone in the area, so a minor health potion can become a superior etc.

The hags potions don't work
flight doesnt
oil of sharpness doesn't
poison flasks aply poison but not to the weapon
hill giant strength works
healing works
haste works
invisibility works
resistance potions work
animal speaking works as well
sleeping potions work
some poison flasks can cause some serious harm. the ones of which you only have 1 at the end of a run

The healing mist on the floor suggests that it is intended and if the effect can be spread it would be fine. If you run into the mist then only one person gets the benefit.
Preparing lots of healing pads might looks strange. It does not have a timer it seems like.

In general though, the ability to target alchemist fire, void bombs, sleeping potions etc is fantastic. It is way more realistic to sneakily place alchemist fire among the goblins than hurl large barrels everywhere.

Would be awsome to target the alchemist fire dangling on a golin's belt and have them explode!

have a good one

Tuv

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Tuv; 30/10/20 01:11 AM.
addict
addict
One more thing for them to fix (hopefully).

Good find.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes, I sure hope this is a bug and not a "feature".

C
CMF Offline
C
Honestly, that should be fine if it was "reduced effect" because you consumed "less" of the potion. Heals do half, speed only lasts 1 round, etc. Then it would be a feature and not overpowered and better than consuming.

The reason I like it this way is I can "heal" my team mate on an off turn. Used this to pick up a downed ally with a potion of healing. Also makes potions more distinct than food. Food is basically a potion consumable, but I can't throw a muffin at you and force you to eat it.

A magical liquid on the other hand could seep into your wounds and heal you slightly.

Possibly reduce if multiple targets hit, full power if single target.

(also throwing the potion does something like 1-4 dmg first, THEN applies the effect, so I have downed my own ally and then stood them right back up..slightly counter intuitive in that regard...but you can throw it on the ground and they will get the heal by standing in pool if you threw it right...chance it heals the enemy target instead)

journeyman
journeyman
I hope it's a feature not a bug; I've been using this since day one and I've mentioned it a few times. it cost an action to do this rather than a bonus action.

You all know you can Throw team mates too right?

C
CMF Offline
C
Team mates and enemies. The first halfling tomb raider after you meet shadowheart attacked me on my first playthrough, almost killed my team, and I threw him down the stairs at one of his allies and killed him. Barely survived that fight! Strength and weight requirements limit what you can throw, so it is not totally "immersion" breaking.

Last edited by CMF; 30/10/20 02:43 AM.
veteran
veteran
Instead of drinking my medicine I like to just splash it on my skin (mostly my feet).

(and before you say anything yes, I know potions of healing are magic. But still...)

journeyman
journeyman
If you don't like the mechanic; don't use it. if it's removed I'll mod it back in. that's how much i like this feature.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Popsculpture
If you don't like the mechanic; don't use it. if it's removed I'll mod it back in. that's how much i like this feature.

They are called potions, not vapors or some such, which implies they are supposed to be imbibed. Sure, it is feasible that there are droughts to each potion, which would then allow more than one character to use them, but if so, potions wouldn’t disappear after one usage. Also, each character would have to spend a bonus action to get the effects instead of one character using a potion like an AoE spell. Most importantly, though, if enemies are not programmed to use this “mechanic” then we shouldn’t be allowed to use it either.

Yes, you can mod it in at some point. You can also mod in whatever other exploit you wish. Have fun.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Emrikol
Yes, you can mod it in at some point. You can also mod in whatever other exploit you wish. Have fun.

SICK! I appreciate the permission to play how i want in a single player game. you're the best!

Link Copied to Clipboard