I saw ending of EA, I saw Sven comes out and explain things about this game.

Most of my feedback is already discussed in this forum, but anyway I think I need to post my feedback. Since I am not that great at English, I'll give you summary first, then explain.

1. Too much ground effect.

2. Too many barrels.

3. Prone is OP.

4. Bonus action is OP.

5. AIs are too smart.

6. Plot armor is bad, and some plot isn't non interactive.

7. It would be better flying creatures actually fly.

8. Throwing weapon.

1. Too much ground effect.

I am huge fan of DOS series, I have played CRPG since I was young, BG1,2, Torment, Pillars series, and Dragon ages. DOS doesn't have super deep story that most of CRPG players like, combat is far better than other series in my opinion. (I really liked DOS series story, and their highly interaction quests between quests) With turn-based system, and various of ground effect interaction, AIs that targets weakest PCs first, this game has the best combat system CRPG to me. Even DOS2 physical/magical defense is worse than DOS 1 saving throw system to me.

Various of ground effects and much enemy exploiting this feature was great in DOS2 since PCs have many ways to deal with it. (It was so long time to play DOS1, so I am gonna tell only DOS2) Ranged suffers from it, but melees just live in hell.

- In DOS 2, magical armor almost defend every magical CC, and ground effects. Two of your mage cast frozen shield before fight, or in the encounter, so even Melees with low magical armor can prevail with support.

In BG3, there's no magical armor to save PCs from various of ground effects.

- In DOS 2, Action point was 4, some util skills like rain consume low action point, so it's not much waste of action point to deal with hostile ground effect. Even with that loss, mages still use their skills. (Lonewolf, glasscannon, and Chapter 2, 3 items that increase +2AP helped action economy pretty well too.)

In BG 3, there's one action, one bonus action for everyone. Almost same ratio of enemies throw fire bottle, and fire arrow to PCs, if you use your action to extinguish fire, it's basically you don't do anything in that turn, since enemies gonna keep setting fire on their turn. PCs can jump to avoid further ground effect, it still consumes only one bonus action for it, and hell it looks like grasshopper to me, so un-epic.

- in DOS 2, melees got blink like gap-closer skills that ignore ground effects. (Warfare (phoenix-dive, blitz attack), Scoundrel(shadow cloak)).

In BG 3, there's no blink like gap-closer skills for pure Martials, magic items has limitation on usage.

- In DOS 2, there's no concentration issue.

In BG 3, spell casters have concentration issue, if there's a lot of ground effect, they loose their concentration too soon.

Since action economy is changed, same amount of ground effect in DOS2 is too much for BG3. They should make ground effect less. I don't want they are gone forever since DnD is about creative, and imagination, good DM would approve burning ground effect on wooden floor, high quality of ale, and oil.

I think BG3 should make flammable floor type since even cobble stone can be set on fire now, and inflammable ground with oil, ale can only be set on fire. And people are mostly not flammable, so I think you should add flammable condition(soaked in ale, oil) needed to be on fire. So passing through flame just make some damage. And make Ice spells only directly target to water freeze water.

And bolt and ray spells for only targets, there shouldn't be ground effect together if it hits ground. (or miss) Frozen field should be just difficult terrain too. Who would run on that field to slipped away? Ice field shouldn't be free grease spell.

2. Too many barrels.

Barrels were really excellent way to kill enemies in DOS2, and cheese game. Cheese tactics game make very easy. It was nice to make way to cheese game proper back days, it was somewhat creative way. But DOS series were kind of big-hit that days. (still one of top seller RPG when there's discount on STEAM) Using barrels to cheese game isn't creative anymore. I would rather see there's some reality that can show Larian's system evolves. How?

Make enemies can understand haphazard environment even they are not in battle. Weirdos place dangerous barrel in front of you should be suspicious. And make barrels can't be place in inventory, only carried 1 by 1, then you can place it with camouflage. So in encounter, your supposed to be scout character can lure enemies to trap. If they success perception check, they explode, or disarm first, then chase you.

In event scene battle, you can make enemies do perception check to find these traps too, if they succeed it, traps'll be disappeared, if they fail it, traps remain for your fun.

Even then, there's too many ways to exploit it, you need to tone down their numbers a bit.

3. Prone is OP.

5e Prone is just about movement, not stun. Now game is too punishable to be prone.

4. Bonus action is OP.

Melees position in DND 5e is somewhat important before your enemies flying away crazily, and you don't have spell, items to fly. Because they have opportunity attack! Which is really good to be melee thing, you force most of your enemies to use action to flee unless your enemy is a Rogue that stupid DM make monster has class ;D. But Larian make disengage as bonus action, melees are more useless than in tabletop.

I think Disengage should be an action. So Melees can prevail.

Shove is an one of attack in TT, it can make enemies prone, or push them 5ft. In BG3, it's just an one of bonus action, which is bad, shove has massive damage potential. Action's purpose should be main CC, and dealing damage immediately, and bonus action's purpose is mostly util, buff and debuff. Larian made Throwing bonus action before EA, then they change it to action, because Larian knows Throwing is actually dealing damage. I think same logic should be applied.

And I don't know shove use strength contest, I think it doesn't since hide then shove has more success rate than non-hide shove which make strength ability score lesser ability score. Shove in BG3 push target further than 5.ft when you're strong which is great and seems fantastic when you first saw. But it isn't great. Map is so small on somewhere, supposed-to-be-tactical- combat becomes just saving throw contest that you must pray dice gods that your characters not to be shoved. AIs are so smart, they can't endure the chance to exploit it. And there's no ground usually, falling from edge is just an instant death. With assume it deals 2x of his/her health all the time, even then automatically teleport bodies to camp is just lazy implementation. I think there's somewhat process to recover your friends body with expense of exhaust cost.

(And it was the worst combat in this game, because of the shove. Only praying and being invisible helped me.)

Underdark last fight with Duergars on the boat. There's no good position to prevent fell from boat, enemies spam explosive arrow to push PCs AOE, and spell, and came across with jump, and shove every turn, and they always exploit shove, find proper angle to kill PCs immediately. Only saving throw, and invisible helped me in this particular encounter. Which was really suck, and if final released game is like this, I would regret to buy this game.

I want Larian implement 5e rules originally on Bonus action, there's too much exploit now. Make tactical positioning valuable. You can still shove enemies to die by fall damage when you follow 5e rule, if you success multiple push with several characters and multi attacks push.

5. AIs are too smart.

Smart AIs is good. Exploiting PCs weakness is somewhat challenge, and fun to encounter it. But I figured out it makes game slower. AIs now calculate too much, they check every items on their bag, seek to proper position to get advantage(to push or whatever), it makes their turn slower. I think it would be more interesting low int enemies normally focus on PCs whom is nearest them, and high intelligence enemies focus on weakest PCs just like now.(proper CC to low saving throw PCs, shot fire to low health PCs, something) Which make game more faster, and more realistic.

And unimportant enemies with low wis, he/she shouldn't circle around PCs to avoid danger spot (crevice or something), since there's shove and there's fall damage, you should give players chance to being smart.

6. Plot armor is bad, and some plot isn't non interactive.

Well, plot armor is mediocre to enemy, and player both. I really still don't understand that gith-yanki with red dragon didn't deal with player's party immediately. If he had time to show his face to player's party, he had enough time to kill player's party on himself. Gith yanki with red dragon leaves weak player's party without any urgency is just lazy-plot.

DOS1,2 had great interactive story, a lot of sub-stories affected main-story. BG3 doesn't have this elaborate feature now. For example, when Halsin came back from goblin camp, there's no chance to solve Karga's letter quest. Even you finished that quest, and have proof, there's almost option to deal with this problem after Halsin came back. (only option is telling this to one of good druid, he said master Halsin will take care of it. It feels just weird, you can't even say this truth to Halsin himself!) I think this game should give players multi option to deal quests with every term.

7. It would be better flying creatures actually fly.

I know there's engine problem, I hope flying creatures actually fly, not just jump longer. BG3 introduce new system such as light obscure, and vertical map since DOS2. (action economy changes are not new things) If you don't plan to release this game early like 2021, it would be great to add new system in your DOS engine.

8. Throwing weapon.

Yeah, now you can't throw your throwing weapon properly. Animation is just weird, damage is weird too, if you decide to eliminate throw weapon property, you should buff throw weapon.