Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Koyote Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I know that Duergar wasn't officially a playable race in 5e but many, myself included, really enjoyed playing as one. Seeing as how BG3 will heavily take place in the Underdark with Drow already playable, and I imagine Svirfneblin soon to follow, can we please get Duergar as a playable race? I would love to recreate my Duergar fighter!

Last edited by Koyote; 30/10/20 03:22 AM.
veteran
veteran
I thought they were already confirmed by data mining?

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
Datamining confirms nothing, they also datamined Warforged, which doesn't make much sense apparently
that said, i'm pretty sure we'll be gztting duergar, dont worry

Last edited by GloriousZote; 30/10/20 06:19 AM.
addict
addict
It would be quite weird to have Laduguer as a Cleric deity but no duergar.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GloriousZote
Datamining confirms nothing, they also datamined Warforged, which doesn't make much sense apparently

Not an argument.

Datamining helped people to come up with a mod that let you play as a duergar, including voice lines of NPC addressing you as one already.
The same isn't true for Warforged, which are barely mentioned.

Last edited by Tuco; 30/10/20 12:11 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by GloriousZote

Not an argument.

Datamining helped people to come up with a mod that let you play as a duergar, including voice lines of NPC addressing you as one already.
The same isn't true for Warforged, which are barely mentioned.

That only shows that they might have had plans to implement them, or offer them as disguises through spells. It doesn't confirm that they will actually be implemented.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ixal

That only shows that they might have had plans to implement them, or offer them as disguises through spells. It doesn't confirm that they will actually be implemented.

Yeah, it could also prove that datamining files can open a portal in a parallel reality for all we know, but I'd rather stick with the most likely explanation.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Tuco

but I'd rather stick with the most likely explanation.

Which is not that they will be implemented.
All games are full of cut content, so there mere existence of some dialogues does not guarantee that they will be added.

Last edited by Ixal; 30/10/20 01:18 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard