Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
So I've explored everywhere on the map, and for some reason I just can't find this stupid Githyanki patrol. I totally missed Zorru because all the druids went hostile, so I don't have a map marker for them.

I've explored several areas on the map including Risen Road, Blighted Village, Roadside Cliffs, Defiled Chapel, etc. EXCEPT the Fetid Bog. I hope the patrol isn't in there...

I'd especially appreciate a response in the form of a map. I've tried Googling the location, but haven't been able to find it.

stranger
stranger
So yeah, spoilers, so
North of the Abandoned Village, jump across the broken bridge, then head West. Further east of Waukeen's Rest (the burning villa) you should approach an intact wooden bridge. A red dragon should fly overhead (possibly applying temporary Frightening Presence). A tiefling should warn you about the Githyanki below, and a cutscene will basically tell you in no amount of uncertainty not to mess with the Red Dragon. Anyhow, head down the ladder on the left of the bridge.

Super hints - be prepared for Lae'Zal to drop out of your party to approach the patrol. Its also a good idea to leave one party member on the bridge high ground in case a fight breaks out (and choose someone with decent strength or Thunderwave in the event you have to shove). If you interrogated Zorru, you'd get a square quest marker on this location.

Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, I finally found the gith and their pet lizard. It was surprisingly difficult (for me, anyway) to find the path North from the village. I kept getting stuck at the windmill, and not realizing I had to go East over the wall to go North.

I actually beat them first try, though I lost Shadowheart and Gale in the process. I’ve already burned through Gale’s scroll of True Res so I’m not sure how I’m going to get him back.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Jhelzei
I actually beat them first try, though I lost Shadowheart and Gale in the process. I’ve already burned through Gale’s scroll of True Res so I’m not sure how I’m going to get him back.

I'm actually not sure if Gale has a different revivify mechanic, but the talkative skeleton you find from the Overgrown Ruins secret room should be able to bring him back, and you can otherwise buy revivify scrolls off him by using the trade button on the bottom left of the screen during dialogue.

Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
A regular revivify scroll does not seem to work, and the game won’t let me use the Camp button. I’ll try using Fast Travel to see if I can talk to the skeleton.

F
addict
addict
F
Thanks, I finally found the gith and their pet lizard. It was surprisingly difficult (for me, anyway) to find the path North from the village. I kept getting stuck at the windmill, and not realizing I had to go East over the wall to go North.

That's not the only way. You can also leave the village by heading east, north of the entrance.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
A regular revivify scroll does not seem to work, and the game won’t let me use the Camp button. I’ll try using Fast Travel to see if I can talk to the skeleton.

Be sure the companion is actually dead and not just knocked out with 0 hp (if the companion lines up a series of succesfull save rolls against death they will remain knocked out) so if the scroll doesn't function try the "help a wounded companion" that is the light brown icon with two hands.

Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
@Bufotenina Gale had his mini-death cloud active, so I’m pretty sure he was well and truly dead. Fortunately the talkative skeleton back at camp was able to raise him.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
On the original topic: but that's not the créche, that's just a group of Githyanki. Indeed
after you defeat the patrol you get an object that used by Laez'el trigger a cut scene, after that her personal quest is updated with "directions" to the créche: in the mountains after the western bridge.

I'm trying to find that area but I start to think that the conclusion for this quest is in the full release (even online the walkthroughs stop at the cutscene).

Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
@Bufotenia Doing a little meta-gaming confirms your suspicion; that quest is not complete as of Early Access. Perhaps Larian will flesh it out in a new update soon.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
@Bufotenia Doing a little meta-gaming confirms your suspicion; that quest is not complete as of Early Access. Perhaps Larian will flesh it out in a new update soon.

I hope they do something about it soo. It doesn't add up with how the other tow quests about the parasite were developped, the encounter with the Githyanki patrol doesn't add anything to the parasite quest while both the Goblin one and the Druid one (hell even Ethel and the mindflyer in the Underdark) gave information about the parasite and hints on the complex situation behind the infestation.

Link Copied to Clipboard