Print Thread
#722639 30/10/20 08:36 AM
Z
Zedd Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Z
As I play the game more and more often I regret choices and the consequences that followed. My game with my warrior seems inconsistent to me. I wish to do good and I do evil instead of saving I kill. It's a shame we don't have a choice guide (Good, neutral, bad)
I feel like I'm going to start over for a path that suits me better
after if you want the unfiltered version detailing the game. Tell me.

After that I don't want to go further in the game because my experience becomes uncomfortable

Last edited by Zedd; 30/10/20 08:38 AM.
Zedd #722663 30/10/20 09:18 AM
old hand
old hand
Huh. I did fine as the ultimate hero-of-the-hour.
Failed to save one kid, but made up for it at the beach. Stopped a mill, some Ogres... Noticed a Dwarf on a grill and murdered *each and every Goblin in a battle that lasted well over an hour*. Then breached their interior and the same thing, saving a bunch of refugees *and* a Druid *and* the protagonist from Chicken-Chasing in the process. I killed a terrible evil in a swamp, talked to a native animal afterwards, which allowed me to share in super happy feels. Inspired some bard, listened to her sing. Slaughtered a bunch of Gnolls, but then - the curiosity got the better of me and I stole a box with a bottle. STill, I then helped some mushrooms in a cave and a mushroom picker....
There is plenty of 'good' options?

I'm not asking for 'unfiltered', the whining and complaining on these boards is terrible; but an insight into what you wrongly perceived as good would make sense.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
Zedd #722671 30/10/20 09:24 AM
D
D
Do I understand this correctly: you want to know beforehand what is "the right choice"? I think it would take a lot away from the experience if you knew beforehand whether your choices would ultimately result to good or bad

Zedd #722698 30/10/20 10:04 AM
Z
Zedd Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Z
In fact, for example, I am in the forest and I see 3 people, one of whom is in agony. I try by discussion to save him. He dies. His friends ask me if I am like them and am I their guide. I tell them yes and in the end he attacks me. In the end, I kill them and I didn't want them dead.

Zedd #722721 30/10/20 10:54 AM
old hand
old hand
Ah yes. Those three people. Well. They are in service of the enemy, the same enemy that has Goblins and Drow and Gnolls and so forth. That's why they attacked. There isn't anything particular good or evil to do here. But a righteous lawful stupid paladin could easily have justified killing them.

Last edited by rodeolifant; 30/10/20 10:56 AM.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
Zedd #722722 30/10/20 10:56 AM
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A

I don't agree. You are roleplaying not "option selecting". You pick an option that you think fits with your character's personality. How the world reacts to it isn't in your hand.
Honestly this is what makes BG3 a great game, where there are choices, but not the "Blue for good, red for bad" style that Mass Effect gave you.

Originally Posted by Zedd
In fact, for example, I am in the forest and I see 3 people, one of whom is in agony. I try by discussion to save him. He dies. His friends ask me if I am like them and am I their guide. I tell them yes and in the end he attacks me. In the end, I kill them and I didn't want them dead.

Just because you don't want an out come doesn't make you evil for it happening. Sometimes shit happens. (PS: You have the option to knock people out you know?)

Aurgelmir #722773 30/10/20 12:16 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Aurgelmir

I don't agree. You are roleplaying not "option selecting". You pick an option that you think fits with your character's personality. How the world reacts to it isn't in your hand.
Honestly this is what makes BG3 a great game, where there are choices, but not the "Blue for good, red for bad" style that Mass Effect gave you.

Originally Posted by Zedd

Just because you don't want an out come doesn't make you evil for it happening. Sometimes shit happens. (PS: You have the option to knock people out you know?)

Agreed. Good and evil are too subjective. If someone does what they feel is the right thing then this is the "good" outcome. Having a controlled outcome makes the game play itself, you are only watching it pass by. The freedom to pick choices that your character (or you) would pick, imo is the way to feel a part of the story.

This knock out option would probably be the best thing if you do not wish to kill someone. This does make me wonder if a no kill playthrough is possible, maybe kill only those that are needed to progress the plot.

The dice rolling may make you uncomfortable, best to save your game often if you are sensitive to failing rolls. Just like in DnD, even if you excel at something it doesn't mean the dice will favour you.

Zedd #722813 30/10/20 01:26 PM
Stranger than life
Stranger than life
"The words of this wizard stand on their heads. In the language of Orthanc help means ruin, and saving means slaying, that is plain." Dual-wielding dwarven ranger with damage die to spare and too many hits a round to worry about semantics.

Link Copied to Clipboard