Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2020
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Joined: Aug 2020
when i fast travel back to camp sometimes companions attack out of no where i had to make a body room in the back for all of them the sadest one was my dog attack me all the others i could live with but not my doggo why larian gods why [img]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2273315734[/img]

Last edited by dragonuff; 31/10/20 07:10 PM.

[Linked Image]
Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
It's really not broken. You evidently made some choices they didn't like, or chose to attack them when an option to do so popped up. This goes a long way towards showing that there's more than an illusion of choice at work here.

Joined: Oct 2020
B
stranger
Offline
stranger
B
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by robertthebard
It's really not broken. You evidently made some choices they didn't like, or chose to attack them when an option to do so popped up. This goes a long way towards showing that there's more than an illusion of choice at work here.

Oh wow! Thanks, I kept seeing posts about this but I didn't make the connection that they just don't like you. lol

Joined: Oct 2020
D
addict
Offline
addict
D
Joined: Oct 2020
This is the 2nd time that ive seen this topic come up in what...3 weeks?

If its a bug its not one that many are running into id say. Filing a bug report might do more good here then posting about it on the forums.

Joined: Aug 2020
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Joined: Aug 2020
Originally Posted by robertthebard
It's really not broken. You evidently made some choices they didn't like, or chose to attack them when an option to do so popped up. This goes a long way towards showing that there's more than an illusion of choice at work here.

it only happened when fast traveling back to camp no dialogue are ways to prevent it from happening even the dog we had in the party i even had max reputation with shadowheart and she just attacked when we went back for long rest

Originally Posted by Demoulius
This is the 2nd time that ive seen this topic come up in what...3 weeks?

If its a bug its not one that many are running into id say. Filing a bug report might do more good here then posting about it on the forums.

i have posted bug reports many are running into this even one of the hotfixes said they fixed it but it is still happening so i posted this here to get the most coverage for it to get fixed its been the only problem i had in the game so far


[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2020
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Sep 2020
It's definitely a bug, at least some of the times.

Teleporting to camp and having Scratch aggro doesn't make sense, unless Scratch has hidden approval of your decisions besides petting him??

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by robertthebard
It's really not broken. You evidently made some choices they didn't like, or chose to attack them when an option to do so popped up. This goes a long way towards showing that there's more than an illusion of choice at work here.


Sure, this is the natural result of a dogs deep and nuanced appraisal of one's reputation and deeds.

Joined: Mar 2020
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by DistantStranger
Originally Posted by robertthebard
It's really not broken. You evidently made some choices they didn't like, or chose to attack them when an option to do so popped up. This goes a long way towards showing that there's more than an illusion of choice at work here.


Sure, this is the natural result of a dogs deep and nuanced appraisal of one's reputation and deeds.

LOL.

more than illusion of choice my ass.


Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by DistantStranger
Originally Posted by robertthebard
It's really not broken. You evidently made some choices they didn't like, or chose to attack them when an option to do so popped up. This goes a long way towards showing that there's more than an illusion of choice at work here.


Sure, this is the natural result of a dogs deep and nuanced appraisal of one's reputation and deeds.

I'll trust the dog before I trust most people.

Joined: Oct 2020
D
addict
Offline
addict
D
Joined: Oct 2020
Maybe its tied to quests decisions or something. Did you kill any npc's during your playthrough? Did you side with thr goblins maybe? Did you take a deal from 1 of the factions to help you get rid of the parasite?

I inmagine its caused by something, right?

Joined: Mar 2020
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Maybe its tied to quests decisions or something. Did you kill any npc's during your playthrough? Did you side with thr goblins maybe? Did you take a deal from 1 of the factions to help you get rid of the parasite?

I inmagine its caused by something, right?

If it's related to something the player did, make it clear. Otherwise it's just a bad game design. I shouldn't have to guess why my party members are attacking me


Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Joined: Oct 2020
S
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
S
Joined: Oct 2020
Its definitely a bug. I've reported it since the very first patch.

Basically in some playthroughs, If I recruit Gale but leave him at camp and then later in the game fast travel to camp from Blighted Village, Gale attacks me. If I fast travel to anywhere else first then fast travel to camp, Gale does not attack me. There is something wrong with going to camp from blighted village in some playthroughs.

I can literally reload any save past blighted village, fast travel to blighted village then go to camp and he will always attack me. I can reload the save, fast travel to roadside cliffs instead then go to camp and he doesn't attack me. Reputation doesn't matter as it happens when he is high reputation too.


These are the steps to reliably reproduce the bug:

1) Start a new playthrough
2) Recruit Shadow Heart
3) Recruit Astarion
4) Recruit Gale
5) Complete the fight at the grove
6) head straight to Blighted Village
7) Kill the goblins
8) Unlock Blighted village Waypoint
9) Talk to Gale and tell him to wait at camp
10) Quick Save
11) fast travel to camp
12) Gale attacks you

--

13) Reload the save
14) fast travel to Roadside Cliffs
15) fast travel to camp
16) Gale doesn't attack you

Joined: Oct 2020
W
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
W
Joined: Oct 2020
It is a bug, it has been reported in the tech issues section multiple times. Seems to happen most often when you travel to camp without doing a long rest. Some people have theorized that it is related to having a familiar summoned, but that was not my experience.

Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
BUG. Also...if you have to kill Gale, do it away from your beds. Annoying to take necrotic damage every time you try to sleep.

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
This bug annoys me as well. Fortunately you have no need to go back to camp for anything that's not sleep oriented...

Joined: Oct 2020
D
addict
Offline
addict
D
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Saberem
Its definitely a bug. I've reported it since the very first patch.

Basically in some playthroughs, If I recruit Gale but leave him at camp and then later in the game fast travel to camp from Blighted Village, Gale attacks me. If I fast travel to anywhere else first then fast travel to camp, Gale does not attack me. There is something wrong with going to camp from blighted village in some playthroughs.

I can literally reload any save past blighted village, fast travel to blighted village then go to camp and he will always attack me. I can reload the save, fast travel to roadside cliffs instead then go to camp and he doesn't attack me. Reputation doesn't matter as it happens when he is high reputation too.


These are the steps to reliably reproduce the bug:

1) Start a new playthrough
2) Recruit Shadow Heart
3) Recruit Astarion
4) Recruit Gale
5) Complete the fight at the grove
6) head straight to Blighted Village
7) Kill the goblins
8) Unlock Blighted village Waypoint
9) Talk to Gale and tell him to wait at camp
10) Quick Save
11) fast travel to camp
12) Gale attacks you

--

13) Reload the save
14) fast travel to Roadside Cliffs
15) fast travel to camp
16) Gale doesn't attack you

Oh thats good to know. So basicly its tied to the blighted village somehow? 🤔


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5