Next Thread
Print Thread
#724553 01/11/20 01:56 AM
W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
There are several points in the game that force the characters to jump over a rock or something to get where they need to get.
As implemented this feels tedious. Click on character 1, jump, move them out of the way, Click on character 2, jump, move them out of the way.
It might be different if there was a skill check or a chance for failure or something but the way it is now just seems like busywork or something, why do I need to micromanage jumping over these rocks?
Maybe if characters could be set to autojump when following or something?

C
CMF Offline
C
I honestly have taken to jumping across with one and then using fast travel to camp and then fast travel to leave camp. This gets all the characters to appear with my main across the gap and drastically faster. Not really an optimal solution but a work around.

journeyman
journeyman
Yeah, I expect jumping will be addressed. Outside of combat, everyone should auto-jump gaps unless they can't make the distance.

Our intellect devourer follower jumped a gap on its own, so the system is there.

C
CMF Offline
C
Our intellect devourer also sometimes jumps and falls into the gap and dies....lol so the system needs work.

CMF #724603 01/11/20 03:42 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by CMF
Our intellect devourer also sometimes jumps and falls into the gap and dies....lol so the system needs work.
Can he? Lol!

Well, he's never failed the jump with me (at least a dozen times) but given how buggy EA is, I'm... not surprised.

journeyman
journeyman
One of the big issues I have with Jumping is that considering how often you Jump, there is no hotkey to Jump. And when I tried dragging it to my hotbar, nothing happened. The bonus action items are locked into their spot. Now if there is a hot key and I missed it, I'm a moron, so disregard the statement in that case.

That said, the circular boom visual when you land feels cheesy. It does seem extremely finicky about what is in range and what is out of range. I've had to get like half a dozen pixels closer to the edge before I can safely jump.

While its comical about US failing to do his jump, it is an issue.

Also, and this is probably just a pathing issue that can be fixed. If you have a Familiar active, they have issues crossing jumps like that. And since Wizard has it as a Spell, that's an issue. It's a nuisance for Rangers who have it as a Ritual, but Mages having it as a Spell makes it even worse.

C
CMF Offline
C
Very true, I think letting it be a hotkey bindable would be a huge advantage. Or if pathing issue is unsolvable, they can break immersion and just let allies teleport to us after a jump if they can't find the path correctly. People may not like that solution as it is "lazy" but it may be better than nothing.

I had issues with imps not able to follow me after I climb a rock wall or net ladders. Pet based playthroughs are limited with pathing, not just for jumping.

Last edited by CMF; 01/11/20 04:18 AM.
W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Agreed, I abandoned all pets and familiars after my first play through because I knew eventually I would have to jump over something and they were going to get stuck or leroy jenkins everything around me since I can't turn off their follow. (you can't right...I haven't found a way to do it)

N
stranger
stranger
N
I think if the jump does not split the party (is possible with only high enough athletics) or consume resources (you need to misty step etc.) the jump should not be needed.

D
old hand
old hand
D
+1. 'us' in the tutorial shows that at least some form of passive 'followers jump after you' code is in the game. It would be great if it gets added to the pathing of the rest of the party!

journeyman
journeyman
I totally agree with OP, and also think the base jump distance should be extended juuust a little bit. It does feel a bit silly when some party members can leap several feet over a chasm and the rest of the party gets stuck on the other side. If jumping is going to be required to get to certain areas, jumping needs to be less annoying.

zeel #725092 01/11/20 05:12 PM
K
K
This is an issue that has been brought up by a few people and will hopefully be addressed. There is enough jumping in ACT I/EA alone that it seems less something that can be ignored.
Originally Posted by zeel
I totally agree with OP, and also think the base jump distance should be extended juuust a little bit. It does feel a bit silly when some party members can leap several feet over a chasm and the rest of the party gets stuck on the other side. If jumping is going to be required to get to certain areas, jumping needs to be less annoying.

That is also something that is somewhat annoying, I understand athleticism trait is supposed to play a role in it. I don't expect my wizard to leap as far as Laezel, but it could be tweaked a bit.

Link Copied to Clipboard