#724690 01/11/20 06:35 AM
W
Wykdgrl Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Spoilers ..I guess...

The mandatory Gale message combined with the step-by-step revival instructions combined with the Gale necrosis thing is a bunch of horsesh*t. Really. Its the opposite of fun. My entire party died while I was in the inventory screen trying to do the thing. I also tried walking away from the body (no good) and other means of reviving (didn't work). It wiped out the party and sent me back to the beginning of a long hard-fought battle that I now have to fight again .. and then if Gale dies, try to figure out the stupid pouch-flute-letter-BS thing again. So, instead, F' it. I am out.

In other commentary: the dialogue is hokey and the armor and weapons are Saturday morning cartoonish, but the underlying subversive nature of the plot and the tadpole are brilliant. I'd like to see camera angles improve (mainly meaning be able to view more "up" - this is a very vertical game given that the high-ground actually means something, and without the ability to get down to our character's level and look up, its difficult sometimes to even know there is a place you can get to if its above you.

End rant.

-Wykd

P.S. REALLY hated the Gale necrosis/message/pouch-flute-pull-my-pinky crap.

Wykdgrl #724691 01/11/20 06:38 AM
C
CMF Offline
C
there is a maximum range on it, so do the steps "away" from his body

Wykdgrl #724733 01/11/20 08:36 AM
veteran
Online Content
veteran
I was really confused during my first game too.
I really didn't understand where this surfaces came from and why mye companions died so often...

I think Gale should give us clue or an advertisement as soon as we meet him and accept to travel with him. Something a little bit vague but something that could allow players to understand that : pay attention, something's gonna happen when Gale will be dead.

The first time I just don't have any cutscene after his death so I just resurected him with a scroll.
I did it the second time and I find this enigma very cool... I miss a step so I ressurected him with another common scroll.
So it was cool, but on the other hand not really consistent... Gale considered I succeed and tell something like "this ritual was necessary, powerfull magical items,..." => Meh, I have 10 common scroll to rez you... You're ritual was definitely useless.

I think things deserve improvement, but I guess it's planned.

Wykdgrl #724736 01/11/20 08:42 AM
apprentice
apprentice
You get a scroll of true revify which is not useless in that regard. I didn't mind the whole sequence, it was quite funny and easy to do.

The necro aura was very annoying though, just like all the other surfaces when paired with this games pathing.

Verily it is written that the Omnissiah grants his blessing to those who come well-equipped with explosives. -Aphorisms 96.9
Wykdgrl #724744 01/11/20 08:55 AM
old hand
old hand
Everything I hate about gale stems from stupid gameplay mechanics they added for him. The damaging corpse is the worst

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Wykdgrl #724765 01/11/20 09:28 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
First time he died the cinematic never triggered and my party members just '' randomly '' died lol.
I was so confused.

Link Copied to Clipboard