Next Thread
Print Thread
D
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
D
Hi there,

So ive just playeda few hours since the last patch and came to the druid camp with my new playthrough. ALOT of the conversations there have suddenly been broken, or rather the character animations in most of the cut scenes and 1on1 conversations. Did anyone else notice this to?

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Hi there,

So ive just playeda few hours since the last patch and came to the druid camp with my new playthrough. ALOT of the conversations there have suddenly been broken, or rather the character animations in most of the cut scenes and 1on1 conversations. Did anyone else notice this to?

Honestly I have noticed more bad than good from the last patch as far as cinematics and overall conversations. And in most cases no change. I thought it was just me though. I wish they would focus more and the actual game play and interface issues first. Game is just so clunky and borked just trying to do simple tasks. At least to me. Inventory maintenance, Character movement, Perception checks, etc. This is the stuff I want to see fixed. I can care less about the cinematics and overall npc verbiage. Smooth out the game interface would be the preferred priority. And honestly should be a quick fix. I mean they sold over 1 mil copies, yes? That should = some serious programming updates versus the half ass patch work we are getting...

Just my opinon.

D
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
D
You want them to remove perception checks? Thats a pretty big dnd staple. Why do you want it removed?

I dont agree on conversations and cinematics not mattering though. Dnd is a combination of social and combat encounters. If half of th e ingame encounters are borked (the social ones) thats a serious issue.

My guess is the later patches broke something because in my initial playthrough the conversations were fine. Cut scenes were broken in some places but theyre broken in MORE places now smirk

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I want my perception check to actually show what I discovered. Better yet pause the group while the check is be performed and then actually highlight what I found on a successful check.
The cinematics matter, just in my opinion not be a priority. That's polish in my mind...This game is far from the polish stage.
Yes, I also noticed in several places lips are no longer even moving on cinematics...

D
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
D
Oh thats what you mean with perception checks. Yea I agree. If you fail them you shouldnt see it what is revealedobviously but if you do please make it very clear to us what we found! Often times my tests are passed and I dont even know what it is that we found.... If the test is an active perception check to notice something you should see a dice or we should get a prompt to roll it imo. Because if we dont get to roll it its a passive check. If its a passive perception check no roll should be rolled at all. You either see it or you dont. No roll or even mention of it should come up! The way it is now is just confusing and thats not helping us tests their game either...

Agree on your point about polish. It just feels like we are moving backwards atm. The cinematics seemed to be better polished in the builds prior to the patches and that seems very weird to me.

Link Copied to Clipboard