Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Just a thought I had when I was looking at the last thread I made ( https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=725293&page=1 ) and does anyone think they could or want a subclassed based around a divinity original sin class? like having maybe a metamorph soccer since they only got 2 subclasses in PHB, or something like that with unique spells from those games in a unique subclass to this game. Its just a quick thought but i definitly think a subclass that lets you act like a metamorph of divinity would get people to look at this game a tad more. also be a cool mod if nothing else.

I'm a skeleton in flesh armor
journeyman
journeyman
The "This isn't BG3 it's DOS3" crowd would probably explode out of anger if this happened.
Personally I think this is unlikely to happen. With the 5e rules needing to be changed so much already to fit Larians vision, entirely homebrewed subclasses might break the deal they got with WotC. Let the modders handle this one.

addict
addict
DnD has its own subclasses. It doesn't need to borrow any from Divinity.

Plus we'll be getting a true shapeshifter class eventually. Moon Druid is kind of what I always wished Metamorph was.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by zeel
The "This isn't BG3 it's DOS3" crowd would probably explode out of anger if this happened.
Personally I think this is unlikely to happen. With the 5e rules needing to be changed so much already to fit Larians vision, entirely homebrewed subclasses might break the deal they got with WotC. Let the modders handle this one.

Yup XD This wouldn't end well.

Jokes aside, there is really no need for it though. D&D has a loooooot of content when it comes to classes, sub classes , spells etc. So there will be a lot to play around with. ^^

Metamorph is arguably a druid.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Should this be DOS3?

L
L
No

addict
addict
There's so much ground to cover with what's available in 5e that it would be silly and pointless.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

addict
addict
Yeah, neither do I see a reason to pick classes from divinity or any other IP's for that mather when D&D has a plethora to choose from. And BG3 certainly doesn't lack people's interest right now with the EA having sold figures over 1M on Steam alone.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Cyka
Should this be DOS3?

Please don't. Not here.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
D
old hand
old hand
D
Considering dnd already has subclasses.

No.

N
N
-1 i would doubt that wotc would allow larian to implement subclasses outside of those established within 5e rulebooks, especially considering how larian apparently went to wotc post dos1 for the BG ip, didnt get it, went back after dos2 and got it - i just think that would be a bad business strategy and kinda a slap in the face to wotc and the BG fanbase if all of a sudden larian turned around and implemented a 'original sin' subclass which i dont even know mechanically how it would work. would the subclass be open across all classes? and what dos mechanics are you going to bring into bg for a subclass that will likely need tuning in of itself? i think at this stage adding a dos based subclass is unlikely and wouldnt be a good allocation of resources at this stage given other concerns.

(after reading my above post and thinking further, larian has added a bunch of dos mechanics already to a dnd game and apparently wotc is totally down with the games direction so who knows? maybe down the line, but i still dont think its a good game design - i probly wouldnt use a dos subclass, but if the number of dnd subclassses made available are limited then maybe i would try out a larian subclass self insert)

old hand
old hand
No. This isn't their IP, it's a DnD IP, let's keep the classes and sub classes to what's actually available.

addict
addict
No....just No ....D&D has a huge amount of content & this is early days .....

enthusiast
enthusiast
In a word - No. There are more than enough D&D/FR classes and sub classes to go around.

Last edited by Anfindel; 02/11/20 09:07 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
No.

Is the DOS system even considered a "class" system?

Verily it is written that the Omnissiah grants his blessing to those who come well-equipped with explosives. -Aphorisms 96.9
addict
addict
Short answer: No

Long answer: Hell no. There's already too much D:OS 2 influence in BG 3.

addict
addict
DOS3 : A tale in Baldurs gate
5e in this game is just <dressing> basically. Just watch 5e lovers complaining more and more while Larian does nothing/worsens the DnD mechanics situation.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 02/11/20 10:03 AM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
No

Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
DOS3 : A tale in Baldurs gate
5e in this game is just <dressing> basically. Just watch 5e lovers complaining more and more while Larian does nothing/worsens the DnD mechanics situation.

Want some cheese with your whine?
I complain about the 5e implementation too, but the games been about a month into Early Access, at least give the people time to address the issues instead of sounding like a brat.

journeyman
journeyman
Larian already has a very full plate trying to properly include as much as the D&D ruleset into this game without complicating matters and annoying Wizards by messing with some sort of bastardized implementation. Both Larian and Wizards would be appalled at the idea, at this point, I am sure. Especially the lawyers, Lol.

veteran
veteran
Keep something for moders. wink

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard