Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Sigi98
Originally Posted by Nyanko
Yes, this issue has been brought up a few times already. There should be at least 5 different camp settings: outdoor forest, underdark, cave, dungeon and inn.

this may be quite a bit of work to implemet, but it would be SO worth it. I hope Larian considers this.

+1 with just a small change,
Main camp where all companions and followers are should remains as is, but when resting in other locations like underdark, caves and dungeon we should have an appropriate setting as recommended above without any of the followers or companions
Maybe in the city of BG the camp can move to a Inn or your own little place.

Or pocket plane from BG2 lol

Last edited by jayn23; 03/11/20 10:31 AM.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I wonder if they will just swap out camps once you progress through the story - that would be cool.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
playing pillars of eternity 1, obsidian solved this problem 5 years ago with camp supplies, camp supplies carry limit and areas you simply can't rest, so i'm not spamming spells at each fight and even the minor fights present some kind of challenge. i'm sure larian can also think about something smart to do smile

R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by brunotavm
playing pillars of eternity 1, obsidian solved this problem 5 years ago with camp supplies, camp supplies carry limit and areas you simply can't rest, so i'm not spamming spells at each fight and even the minor fights present some kind of challenge. i'm sure larian can also think about something smart to do smile

They fixed it so that in PoE2 most of that system was removed
What's the moral of that?

Last edited by Rhobar121; 03/11/20 11:00 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
The map is seriously condensed, it could take many hours or days to travel from the Underdark to camp back to the underdark again. It would be highly likely that travelling there and back again would involve 6 random encounters from brigands, Drow raiders, undead to Ork raiders...even random traders. Rest should require 1kg of food per character otherwise they would starve to death after a week or so slowly dropping dead. Planning your dungeon crawl is a big part of D&D.

You can rest in a locked dungeon room with door barracades for safety. No such things as magic warp to imagination land camp on demand. This planning of resouces and crafting is probably over half of D&D, you need to do normal stuff like eat and poo. Resting in the underdark is VERY dangerous, resting in the middle of anywhere carries risk BUT it is a necessary game mechanic. Have you broken the law? Well you may get bounty hunters come for you at camp. Did you piss off gods by raiding a temple? Undead come get you......etc.

I have no objection to having an easy-peasy-cheesy-squeezy mode where all you neeed to do is push X once to complete the game shortly after charcter creation. Then you could fill barrels and chests at camp for 300hrs of gameplay if that floats your boat. I love all the planning and exploring. I love being ganked by undead then blowing them up with a turn undead....surprise! Nope SURPRISE!!!!! BOOM! dead undead, loot idiots, sleep, breakfast, poop then dungeon. D&D is D&D.

If one of your guys die you may need to pick him/her up in a bag and drag the corpse to a temple before resurrection. Saving after every diceroll should be an option. This is super fun for some people but too hard for others. This added difficulty may force you to ally with the stronger force because when you all die your save deletes. I love that stuff personally.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Rhobar121
Originally Posted by brunotavm

They fixed it so that in PoE2 most of that system was removed
What's the moral of that?

the moral is that companies wants console players and console players wants dumbed down games, but i don't know if that answers your question buddy XD

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard