Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
journeyman
journeyman
I don't disagree that save and reroll is going to happen most of the time. But I did want to say that this is my favorite fight of the EA.

addict
addict
I have to say this is an odd one.
In principle I like the fight. It's tough, winnable if you have good ranged up high and destroy the ladder up to you. However how the fight comes about is a little odd should you have Laezel tagging along. I am not against the fight but I agree with others, you see the Gith and Laezel has said she is looking for the creche, so first instinct is to go and talk to them. I think IF you have the Gith lady with you she should give you more warning up front how this could go, secondly I appreciate the game doesn't want to unfairly end you, but why does the dragon leave? It's one of those silly evil guy tropes of leaving the "heroes" to the henchmen and wondering why it fails later.

It's not a biggie, overall I like the scene and the fact it's tough too, I mean those arses have 3 attacks each ffs!!! I just feel that the encounter could have a little more polish. I always feel in these types of games that it is important that the player is given opportunities to back out, rather than setting them up to fail and reload without having given them appropriate info. I mean Laezel is a tough cookie, but she is nothing compared to these guys, could she not tell me that upfront? Yes the Red Dragon is a big warning sign, but again the game hasn't told me that the likelihood here is trouble unless we are lucky. If it did I could then judge whether to push forward and try anyway or back off and look elsewhere.

If I dont have Laezel with me but say Shadowheart, then she should be all over me warning me to stay the F away from these guys.

Yeah, maybe murdering soldiers on a bridge should be enough of a warning, again I thik the confusion aspect comes a little from Lae'zel herself suggesting this is the best path and then pooof you're suddenly in the toughest fight. I might have understood them taking Laezel and then ordering our deaths (not that the fight needs to be tougher), but the fail aspect feels a little clunky so far.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Riandor
why does the dragon leave?

It seemed like quite classic situation with vilains ... first time you met he dont concider you a threat, second time he will allready remembered you, so he will go to it with all he have. :3
At last i hope so. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard