Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
This is something I think should be changed. In single player if you have a full custom party you should be able to leave one in camp and take an origin character to do their quests. In multiplayer maybe just make the host character not able to be left in camp but everyone else can. They just need to put in 3 spots in camp for custom characters to stand when left.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Razielim0420
They just need to put in 3 spots in camp for custom characters to stand when left.

Sounds like asking for parking spaces smile
They could go fishing at nearby river, next to the skeleton guy. Makes sense to be there 24/7.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Parking spaces is perfect, that's all I want lol. The river sounds like a good place.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
You can't leave the main character in camp, because supposedly that character is your personal agent and avatar in the game. Currently you can only have a custom character as your main character, but going forward you would be able to choose one of the origin characters as your main one, forgoing any need for a custom character at all.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Callimachus
You can't leave the main character in camp, because supposedly that character is your personal agent and avatar in the game. Currently you can only have a custom character as your main character, but going forward you would be able to choose one of the origin characters as your main one, forgoing any need for a custom character at all.

I understand this, we are also supposed to be able to make an entire custom party eventually as development continues. I thought that when I mentioned the host character not being able to change their character it implied that the main character could not change. The option I want is only for when using an entire custom party to be able to leave at least one of them in camp.

apprentice
apprentice
Currently having this issue. My wife wanted to try it out to see if she liked it. We did a multiplayer game, she didn't enjoy it so got a refund after only playing an hour. Now i am stuck with her character in that game.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Dreygor6091
Currently having this issue. My wife wanted to try it out to see if she liked it. We did a multiplayer game, she didn't enjoy it so got a refund after only playing an hour. Now i am stuck with her character in that game.

That's a good example of why this should be a feature in the game.

stranger
stranger
Agree with the OP that this would be a nice feature. After all we can switch out our party members, why not have spare PCs we can switch out? No need to change the story for them as we're ALWAYS the main character. What one experiences the others experience.

Originally Posted by Dreygor6091

At least BG3 has profiles.

[Linked Image]
546F6F206F6C6420746F2067616D652C20746F6F20796F756E6720746F2077617463682074686520776561746865722C200A746F6F206C617A7920746F206D616B652067616D65732C20746F6F20636F6D70756C7369766520746F2063617265206C6573732E
S
S
Just got the issue now. My own gang of 4 characters and no possibility to use one origin character for some quests, waiting in the camp for nothing...

So +1

Dans le doute, frappe ...
H
stranger
stranger
H
+1
Love the multiplayer, dislike not being able to leave custom char in camp.

apprentice
apprentice
This, and they give us the option to make multiple custom characters, most games have the option to hire mercenaries, where you can fully customize it, making it from scratch, so they should do the same here, since I didn’t like any of the hirelings, and like creating my own for one of my playthroughs.

K
stranger
stranger
K
+1
I also think that you should be able to talk to Withers too and have the option to dismiss them permanently too so you have the option to make them stay at your camp or remove them.

Also PLEASE keep to workaround to have 4 custom characters. Its annoying that you have to do this way but at least it gives us an option to have a full custom party.

Another pro is that custom characters have a tadpole. I havent tested hirelings but I wouldnt be surprised if they cant use the tadpole powers.

Last edited by Klinth; 07/08/23 03:00 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Could you get 3 friends to make characters for you and then play multiplayer by yourself?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Razielim0420
Originally Posted by Callimachus

I understand this, we are also supposed to be able to make an entire custom party eventually as development continues. I thought that when I mentioned the host character not being able to change their character it implied that the main character could not change. The option I want is only for when using an entire custom party to be able to leave at least one of them in camp.

This is excatly the BIG issue here. The cumbersome multiplayer method for a full custom party makes four MCs, hence we can't swap them out... I had also hoped for a decent custom party option a la Icewind Dale, but that was probably in vain....

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 07/08/23 05:35 AM.
S
S
Originally Posted by Klinth
Also PLEASE keep to workaround to have 4 custom characters. Its annoying that you have to do this way but at least it gives us an option to have a full custom party.

Instead of a workaround, we should get a more easy solution to create additional custom characters wink

Another pro is that custom characters have a tadpole. I havent tested hirelings but I wouldnt be surprised if they cant use the tadpole powers.

Hirelings have no tadpoles, I can confirm that.
Personnaly, if only my main character has a tadpole and others are just henchmen, it is ok for me.
It should be awesome to get approval based on a random or predefined life philosophy and potentially get the possibility to get a romance with them. Not sure if it can be a mod, perhaps a DLC ?, definitly another story smile

Originally Posted by Rifleman
Could you get 3 friends to make characters for you and then play multiplayer by yourself?

If they have a legal copy of the game, it will work but there is a workaround allowing to create your custom of 2,3,4 own characters using the multiplayer mode.
- Two drawbacks : you have to create x instances of the game (with the lower resolution) running in parallel ; every PC cannot support that.
- Once in your team, they cannot be removed -> purpose of this thread wink

Check Internet, there are plenty of tutorials about how to do it smile

Dans le doute, frappe ...
old hand
old hand
Please tell me you can leave mercanaries in the camp at least, or do they stay in your party permanently?

T
stranger
stranger
T
Please, please, PLEASE let us have the option to leave a custom character in camp. It’s brutal if your friend isn’t around being stuck with their character and being unable to get to know the other origin characters during my friend’s absence.

Last edited by TehPJ; 07/08/23 02:13 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Starblaireau

Instead of a workaround, we should get a more easy solution to create additional custom characters wink
Oh yeah, its not the best option but at least that works for me and gives me everything that I wanted. Well except ask them to stay at camp/rejoin like with the origin characters, haha.

but yeah a better way would be nice: ideally right at the start in new game so you can have your full custom party right at the beginning.

When you start a new game, theres the + + + + option (currently only used to invite friends). It could be used to add more custom characters for yourself or invite friends. I would prefer that way over hirelings just because I can have them at the beginning +tadpole.

or another option would be to create your own hirelings but this time fully like in the character creation, add a tadpole option (check/uncheck) for those who wants it or not.

stranger
stranger
No point in having open multiplayer servers if people are gonna join and leave right after just to mess your game, so yeah, they should leave to camp, but I guess it'd be impractical (imagine all who've joined your game be present at camp, lmao)

I'd say the only solutions would be:
- Midgame-joiners would only be able to join as either a companion that the host has met or a custom made by a friend (that stopped playing)
- Send custom characters to an "imaterial bank of player characters", with each being able to be accessed when the player joins or if the host requests them recruited.

And to make midjoining even better...
it'd be also nice to have QoL like:
- Saving presets on character creation so you can easily join others
- Letting you choose if you want to join with the already created character or begin anew (since there's no respec other than class)

Last edited by Yokami; 08/08/23 03:45 AM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
I so desperately want this to be a option added into the game, as a 4 player co-op campaign we want to keep the Origins with us as camp members while we play the game but certain decisions in game regarding origin characters are closely intertwined with main story, for example act 2 a certain 'gauntlet' scenario in spoiler
Where at the end you should really have Shadowheart in the group to resolve the scenario regarding the Nightsong, if you don't have her and make the decision even if you've been very friendly / romantically involved up to this point she will get mad and leave permanently. Nobody in our party wanted this but as a 4 man group we couldnt bring her along, we tried one person leaving the group (two of the people are even playing Wyll and Gale as their choices but we couldnt dismiss them temporarily if they left the game) I feel like there should either be a Dialogue option to 'invite' Shadowheart into the scenario OR like at the start of our campaign Lae'Zell was a sort of 'Temp' 5th member in our group and this should be the same scenario.

Last edited by Endeavr; 08/08/23 03:39 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard