Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#727346 04/11/20 05:44 AM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I know we're warned that corpses don't want to talk to their killers, but after killing Spike (I tried to take him alive but he kept waking up to recommence fighting and after the fourth time I gave up) I tried speak with dead and he was somewhat forthcoming (nothing really useful but not zilch either - additionally it earns you favor with Wyll if you let him ask the questions). Conversely, Minthara was "this corpse is willing to talk, but not to its killer". Is this consistent from character to character or do you suppose there are saving throws involved and there was a chance of getting some info from Minthara's cadaver? Has anyone else tried this? It makes me wish I'd fought the Gith more often (so far I've killed them once and talked past them a couple of times) and queried the body of the named one as to where the nearest creche is (my assumption is that even if her body proved talkative it would not actually have useful information on this as her creche is probably not local). My first time fighting I tried taking her alive before I realized that it wasn't a coincidence I was only getting 1 or 2 points of damage and that this was not a viable strategy when the enemy could multiattack...

old hand
old hand
Here, this is what you were looking for

No need to kill Minthara, she is a charming bitch. Maybe you better try to help her?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I helped her in a different playthrough - that has its fun also.

I've only ever killed her in the goblin camp, I guess this video is from a playthrough where people let the goblins attack the grove but defended it? I guess the question is whether the issue is where/how you kill her, a saving throw, or whether the caster is coincidentally the one who struck the killing blow. Very interesting. Thanks for the link. Next time through I shall have to kill the Gith and see what, if anything, they have to say for themselves.

I'm pretty sure I've tried talking to the gith without success. Not a 100% though.

If you could please incorporate the visuals of talk to the dead like in DOS2 that would be excellent, when I first tried using it...i must say i was a little disappointed that the visual characteristics were not there.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard