Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Agrippa Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Pressing Escape is instant and player controlled, however, it is not a global pause. Many things are still occurring in the world.

Entering turn-mode, when it's even possible to do so, does not act like an instant and global pause. It will pause a very small area within the game, when it finally gets around to it, but many things are still happening in the bigger picture.

This request is currently beyond Divinity engine's capabilities. There have also been requests for true pausing for the other Divinity games. At this time, it's even impossible for modders to add a true and global pause. This is a problem with cinematics too, in Baldur's Gate 3, so I'm hoping that the developers might finally give it some attention. I'm really unsure why Divinity developers and fans alike abhor the idea of having a player controlled global pause, but I hope that their stance against it might change.

veteran
veteran
I'd rather like a pause intead of this "entering turn base" mode during exploration...
I never use it because it's really inconvenient.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, it's one of those common sense things that's hard to believe aren't in the game from the outset.

Agrippa Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I've yet to make it out of the tutorial area yet. With all of the combat in the background, it's made it impossible for me to properly test turn based mode. I just can't enter it, so am unable to even use the limited pausing option that it has. I'm also curious if rushing through everything, with zero explorations, would allow me to find and participate in any of the background combat. So far, I'm just finding a lot of corpses.

veteran
veteran
A strong +1 to the OP's post.

Link Copied to Clipboard