Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
veteran
@KillerRabbit

I totally agree with you about more dialogue!

And to be clear, I mostly like all of the companions progressions separately. Lae'zel honors my combat prowess. Gale and SH grow to trust me in their own ways. Astarion...is drunk. :P

I just would prefer them to not to all come after me at the same night (as the camp is organized, I talk to them one after another in the span of a few minutes), and there to be more warning/intention on my part beforehand. Not for all of the companions necessarily, but more than is currently implemented.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
Originally Posted by Zarna

I wonder if for this there couldn't be some early trigger that would possibly set a friends only status.

Friend zone trigger would be nice. I am still a bit shocked after that queer vampire tried to screw my male mage.

He's definitely bi a complete whore.

edit: Kind of expect that from older/middle aged(?) vampires though.

Last edited by JCLock; 08/11/20 09:57 AM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Astarion...is drunk. :P

Hes the easiest to misunderstand, baring Gale. As for complaints about manipulation with Gale, everyone does it (and most people don't even realise it). He's just honest about it. Honestly think some people are reminded of themselves or past lovers they fell out with when they look at him and project. Gale also has to focus more on himself then others because of the whole "I have a bomb inside of me" thing. Consider that. Sleeping with a BOMB! Try being in that situation and not being just a bit selfish. But he's not that selfish. which is surprising, considering his situation. If I had a bomb inside of me and had no one to care for I might just go BOOOM. So credit where it's due. But getting back to Astrion.

I would say Astarion is afraid, hides behind humor, admits it when you play along or call him out on it, wants to get close to someone and pretends to be confident but when something pleasantly surprising happens he's caught off guard, giving away his illusion of calmness and being in control. He gets flustered easily basically. He's so not used to being with people. Indicates a very isolated nature, which makes sense considering he's a vampire. Only MOST vampires don't get caught off guard that easily. If anyone is manipulative it's Astarion. But he does a very bad job of it due to his insecurities and fears making themselves VERY apparent. He genially tries but completely botches it up. Guess his former master was a bad teacher, eh? This will of course lead to fueling a desire to have guidance with another, which is why he plays along with you. Like when you get him to say please before sex. Or when he goes "Yes darling, that's what we call a lie." I admire his ability to play in tense moments (an ability Gale seems to lack) but I dislike being lied too regardless. At the same time "People do stupid shit out of fear". All the party characters will fall in line if challenged (they kind of have too if your interactions are to go well).

His reaction when you tell him not to feed off anything you can have a conversation with when you're a ranger able to talk with animals is particularly priceless. "You can literary talk to animals!" Poor guy is like a child at times. Throwing a temper tantrum. I don't think he's a fresh spawn, I think he's been very very sheltered and living in fear because of his former master. Leading to lack of experience in many situations due to simply being used. This also leads him to being quite compliment. When the right incentive is provided. Just like me. Only, you know, without needing blood. When you get THAT little you enjoy what you can get and focus on making others happy. To keep getting more appreciated. And Astarion's former master must have given him very little if anything at all.

Funny isn't it. How the hardest of times improves people the most. You can SENSE it with the other characters. But with Astarion you can really see it. Even if we know little of his former master we see a clear idea of why he's affected the way he is. And his fear shows clearly. They really got a good actor playing him.

Last edited by Taramafor; 08/11/20 10:22 AM.
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Svalr
[quote=ash elemental][quote=Svalr]

Edit: Just for interests sake ( video ).
Ultimately I think that arguments about what is and isn't '' realistic and practical '' in a fantasy setting that isn't a simulator are kinda silly unless we're talking about extreme cases.
I mean even with '' chain bikinis '', loincloths warriors are still a thing in Baldur's Gate.
But thematically I can at least understand the argument against '' chain bikinis '' in a setting like Baldur's Gate.
Even if the equivelant but in leather still exists and uh, there's plenty of male NPC's already in loincloths and random pieces of plate the equivelant of '' chain bikinis ''...

That video you linked is really on point and I agree with much that you said. laugh

Honestly, the entire debate regarding appearances, usefulness, realism etc in games when it comes to armor feels more or less irrelevant. I mean, we're talking about a world where there is *MAGIC* - if a bikini (regardless of fabric/material) gives you an invulnerability-bubble, then yes - people would use that irl. Or if you randomly got physically stronger by putting on a boobie-plate. People would use that irl too.

The entire debate basically always sums up to "this does not suit MY idea of this universe" - which is fine. But then we can all agree on that it is nothing more than a personal opinion. Which is as fine as any other opinion, of course. And hence, I believe all people should get whatever they prefer. The people who don't wanna use the bikini-plate should not have to, but the people who want to should be able to do so!

Whiiiiich, brings me to what I wanted to say all along but got side-tracked, I really, really hope that "transmogs", "outfits" or anything similar will be a thing (because this was really killing me in DOS2 >.< ). The way our character dress is really important in the aspect of roleplaying - but unfortunately, in a game based on stats and other magical values - a lot of people have to choose stat-sticks rather than their appearance-preferences.

If nothing else, I hope our modders got our back. laugh I really don't wanna have to choose between functionality and style. Would make for a good separate thread!

Edit: Accidentally posted without finishing...

So, regarding the actual topic - I am pretty sure I saw some people witnessing about actually triggering a romance scene with Wyll. I can't speak for myself as I didn't romance anyone - but if I recall correctly, they said that there wasn't any actual sex but rather something similar to SH? Can anyone vouch for this?

Last edited by Dez; 08/11/20 11:42 AM. Reason: Posted too early by accident

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
enthusiast
enthusiast
I was about posting this video, good to see another Shad's fan in here.
I have played Neverwinter mmo and they have transmutation feature, whcich changed only appearance of armor and stats remind untouched. It was very popular back when I was playing the game. Could be nice feature to have in BG3.

veteran
veteran
I'm reminded of this:
[Linked Image]

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Abits
I'm reminded of this: < funny image >

I laughed way harder than I should've. That is 100% relatable.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Dez
So, regarding the actual topic - I am pretty sure I saw some people witnessing about actually triggering a romance scene with Wyll. I can't speak for myself as I didn't romance anyone - but if I recall correctly, they said that there wasn't any actual sex but rather something similar to SH? Can anyone vouch for this?

From what I've gathered around the interwebs,

Wyll is willing but Mizora keeps ruining the mood. You end up doing little more than kissing and sleeping side by side. Apparently he does manage to actually bang Lae'zel, if those two get together.

A
addict
addict
A

And it being an aesthetic is my pov and I think any person that is in actual control of their own sexuality ( regardless of that, sexy is an aesthetic too ).
I am well aware that men can be creepy and make unwanted comments, but those same types of men are the ones that do look at this kind of armor as '' oversexualized ''.

'' Boobplate '' only exemplifies that attitude if you actually share that mentality, my point is that you don't know that.
It's unfair to assume that just because someone likes it or an artist designs it then it means that they did it for '' horny reasons ''. That was my whole point.
I don't think that I've ever interacted with an artist before that actually thought that way, it's a mentality I only ever see from people who don't like it just like how probably these same exact people believe that sex scene in games exist for fap material.

I have actually studied art for two years, before breaking off. I've met people who had a very objectifying view of women, degrading even. The industry has is fair share of creeps, because art being subjective, getting jobs & selling can be dependent on having the connections, and so a bad word from someone famous carries a lot of power. It seems to me that your argument is based around "I haven't experienced it, so it must be untrue, and people disagreeing are the ones with the problem."

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ash elemental

And it being an aesthetic is my pov and I think any person that is in actual control of their own sexuality ( regardless of that, sexy is an aesthetic too ).
I am well aware that men can be creepy and make unwanted comments, but those same types of men are the ones that do look at this kind of armor as '' oversexualized ''.

'' Boobplate '' only exemplifies that attitude if you actually share that mentality, my point is that you don't know that.
It's unfair to assume that just because someone likes it or an artist designs it then it means that they did it for '' horny reasons ''. That was my whole point.
I don't think that I've ever interacted with an artist before that actually thought that way, it's a mentality I only ever see from people who don't like it just like how probably these same exact people believe that sex scene in games exist for fap material.

I have actually studied art for two years, before breaking off. I've met people who had a very objectifying view of women, degrading even. The industry has is fair share of creeps, because art being subjective, getting jobs & selling can be dependent on having the connections, and so a bad word from someone famous carries a lot of power. It seems to me that your argument is based around "I haven't experienced it, so it must be untrue, and people disagreeing are the ones with the problem."

That is a good surmise of my own interactions with them as well. I don't think Svalr is being disingenuous though. They may be difficult to have a conversation with but I don't think they intend to come off shitty or dismissive

Banned
Banned
BG3 is YA tween cringe writing to appeal to younger players. And it's awful. Dean Koontz has more to offer.

veteran
veteran
Really great analysis of Astarian @Taramafor, very insightful. And yes @mrfuji3 -- BG3 like most games has ground triggers for banters but I wonder if they could bring back something from BG2 -- the romance timer. After a certain amount of time has passed conversations just spring up. Gave a sense of randomness / spontaneity to the conversations.

Also had some downsides but I think those are overweighed by the natural' feel it lent to the interactions.

veteran
veteran
Well I've skimmed the thread and found a serious lack of discussion around the most underrated romance choice in the game, Novice Crusher. Give me more Crusher!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sozz
Well I've skimmed the thread and found a serious lack of discussion around the most underrated romance choice in the game, Novice Crusher. Give me more Crusher!

Shadowheart disapproves

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Verte

Shadowheart disapproves

yeah, well she also disapproved when I got my freak on with that S&M guy, so she's clearly sexually repressed.

old hand
old hand

I vote for romancing the skeleton who hangs out at camp. Think of all the bone-related puns!

enthusiast
enthusiast

Shadowheart disapproves

yeah, well she also disapproved when I got my freak on with that S&M guy, so she's clearly sexually repressed.

Welp, she has 'long-burried secret' to uncover.

veteran
veteran

Shadowheart disapproves

Welp, she has 'long-burried secret' to uncover.

People have been trying to get at that Sharran Gem but not luck yet I hear

Don't look into to much op.. Its just badly written imo and honestly the nasty hateful companions don't deserve your sexy little dwarf.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard