Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Die, wait till it crawls out, resurrect...........Get a maul, splat someones head flat, resurrect..........Make a big bonfire and burn someone to bones, take bones to chapel and resurrect.

I see a great big fat plothole forming.........

Basically a 100% cure would be death, wait a bit then resurrect. Two instances of the tadpole crawling from dead host breaks the plot. I am unsure why someone with high wisdom especially a cleric wouldn't come to this conclusion.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I can see Laezel striking performance in this matter.

veteran
veteran
True. But if we push that one too hard they might start enforcing the "find a 1,000 gp diamond" material component of the resurrection rule.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
True. But if we push that one too hard they might start enforcing the "find a 1,000 gp diamond" material component of the resurrection rule.

Yeah forget I said anything lol.

journeyman
journeyman
After the events of the second sundering resurrection is supposed to me much less common and easy to attain in the FR, and keep in mind it was never that easy to be resurrected anyway.

N
old hand
old hand
N
On the other hand, if so many people with tadpoles need a resurrection, it might lower the price. Mass production always reduce costs. Maybe there is an ending in which all the tadpole infected create a consumer association and get resurrected for a few gold coins at the local temple :P

Last edited by Nyanko; 06/11/20 06:57 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyanko
On the other hand, if so many people with tadpoles need a resurrection, it might lower the price. Mass production always reduce costs. Maybe there is an ending in which all the tadpole infected create a consumer association and get resurrected for a few gold coins at the local temple :P

This made me laugh. We need a Ralph Nader in the realms. "We know that someone can be raised using a sliver of jasper. Why do the temples refuse to pass these saving onto the tadpole victims?!"

C
stranger
stranger
C
Gayle died and got a true resurrection, still tadpoled. Also, remember how your fall from the ship had finished. And what kind of magic was used to alter those tadpoles. Not the kind you would fool with some cheap tricks or common 9th level spells smile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Cendre
Gayle died and got a true resurrection, still tadpoled. Also, remember how your fall from the ship had finished. And what kind of magic was used to alter those tadpoles. Not the kind you would fool with some cheap tricks or common 9th level spells smile

The true resurrection spell should have removed the tadpole from Gale actually. It's one of the official "cure" for ceremorphosis beside a miracle and the wish spell.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Tadpole would know what you were planning and just stay inside the nellon

Last edited by N7Greenfire; 07/11/20 01:01 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire

True resurrection will resurrect someone who got his brain exploded with all ailments and alien parasites removed. wink

Technically, it should also cure Gale's chest problem.

Our tadpole was actually just a placebo. We failed the check and are now under the delusion that our tadpole is real and we are under it's influence. If we die no one will see the tadpole crawl out of our heads (because it isn't there) so when resurrected we'll have no proof that it left and we will continue to believe the tadpole is still in our heads. The only real cure is to see a psychiatrist and be put on antipsychotics. Maybe with lots of therapy and time we'll overcome our "I'm being controlled by a tadpole" delusion.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by Soul-Scar
Die, wait till it crawls out, resurrect...........Get a maul, splat someones head flat, resurrect..........Make a big bonfire and burn someone to bones, take bones to chapel and resurrect.

Basically a 100% cure would be death, wait a bit then resurrect. Two instances of the tadpole crawling from dead host breaks the plot. I am unsure why someone with high wisdom especially a cleric wouldn't come to this conclusion.

Normal tadpoles do that, these are tampered and tinkered ones, the culprit probably being a powerfull being who is also skilled in a rare kind of magic. So I'm pretty sure this entity considered things like the tadpoles tendecy to flee from a corpse, destruction of both the host and the parassite and following resurrection. We are talking about tadpoles which are so unique that an High Druid, a Green Hag were unable to remove it (the druid doesn't even try, the hag fails), moreover thetadpoles were able not only to resist the potion concocted by the rebel mindflier but to use it to improve its powers

I get the need to find the plotholes, write them down in the forum in the hope Larian will do something about the.

But in this case there's a solid reason for the tadpoles not to crawl out from the protagonist and companions dead bodies, the plothole would be a netererstwahtevermagicnameithas magic cast from a powerful and skilled entity to be so easily broke not only by high rank (but still lower in the piramyd of power) but by level one adventurers.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Except there a
Originally Posted by Bufotenina

Normal tadpoles do that, these are tampered and tinkered ones, the culprit probably being a powerfull being who is also skilled in a rare kind of magic.

Except there are several examples in game of tinkered tadpoles crawling from their hosts....

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by azarhal

True resurrection will resurrect someone who got his brain exploded with all ailments and alien parasites removed. wink

Funny smile Gale's chest problem and the alteration of those tadpoles have actually kind of the same origin. As it's the same all-powerfull cosmological-rule-changing magic.

About the tadpoles crawling out, why shoud it have stay there? Noone were coming to save its host. Personally i'm more curious to know where it's going. And if it can infect people on its own. The dice checks to kill it are very hard, but Halsin was able to study one, so maybe it's not so powerfull on people who are not already tadpoled.

We can always find plotholes in any story, even real ones, but this one so far is very consistent smile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Cendre
Originally Posted by azarhal

Funny smile Gale's chest problem and the alteration of those tadpoles have actually kind of the same origin. As it's the same all-powerfull cosmological-rule-changing magic.

Netherese Shadow magic isn't a cosmological-rule changing magic, it's normal magic that use energy from the Shadowfell.

Without the Shadow Weave (which haven't been fixed yet,
and I'm pretty sure that's what Gale is plugged into which is why he has to feed it, as feeding it magic was how Shar was trying to fix it
), you have to use the normal Weave to cast it like any other magic too.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Even if it use it, It could have killed the Weave, i call that rule changing. For me it's enough to justify we can't remove those tadpoles with regular spells, even true resurrection. If i was DM and crafted this story, i'll probably state than tadpoles are not 'seen' as different from its hosts when this kind of spell is applied to them.

Can't wait to know how we ended up with illithid stuf mixed with this so legendary magic. They're not supposed to be very fond of :p

About Gale, i believe he say it himself? But maybe i misread him smile

veteran
veteran
The tadpole is a sentient entity if it thinks you might be resurrected it won't leave your head, and if you desecrate the corpse removing it manually you can no longer be raised either.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by whalesecrets
Except there a
Originally Posted by Bufotenina

Normal tadpoles do that, these are tampered and tinkered ones, the culprit probably being a powerfull being who is also skilled in a rare kind of magic.

Except there are several examples in game of tinkered tadpoles crawling from their hosts....

Miss those. Only one that comes in mind is the one in the body that has the part of the spider repealing spear.

On my reasoning I assumed that the only ones to be tinkered are those of the principal pawns that is the main character and the companions. (In the case I'm wrong I hope Larian mods brought the issue to the attention of writers because it would be indeed a huge plothole ^^ )

stranger
stranger
I do not believe we will ever be free of the tadpole.

The powers granted from it, are like source powers form Divinity. I think that it will always be a part of us.

I think we are part of the adversary, and we have undergone complete ceromorphosis, we just don't look like Mind Flayers, and are not connected to, the elder brain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard