Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Roo3030: DO NOT use this forum to sell. It is not a free advertising space.

The rest of the post I shall leave; people can make their own minds up.

Last edited by Sadurian; 14/11/20 12:50 PM.
addict
addict
Insanely good feedback!
I particularly love the idea of ilithid graphic theme embedded into the UI. That upper right map area feels...clunky/out of balance with the rest of the UI.

I would like to add to the Immersion/Atmosphere part :

- Day/night + weather cycles OR something similar/easier...just certain outside zones or areas were it feels other than 24/7 sunny noon time.

I have only played 10 hours and don't want to get spoiled any further. From my short playthrough I have the same feeling for ITEMS. Too much junk. Particularly SCROLLS and FOOD cripple the gameplay as was mentioned. I think its an easy fix for food. Just make it non usable during combat. And maybe some harder requirements for scroll usage, or just less scrolls.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 14/11/20 02:12 PM.
A
Asaliah Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Bleeblegum
Since Volo is in the game I think his compendium of monsters should be required to get the description on examination of certain creatures, much like the research you could do to learn more about creatures from different books and convos in Witcher 3 to learn their quirks and weaknesses. It was an awesome world building mechanic that paralleled the style of the books.

This is a very nice idea up his compendium for an overall knowledge about the enemies, completed by the accurate informations the character collected (at least, we already know we will be able to correct the fact goblins were not with a dragon).

Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
I would like to add to the Immersion/Atmosphere part :

- Day/night + weather cycles OR something similar/easier...just certain outside zones or areas were it feels other than 24/7 sunny noon time.

Apart from making cosmetic changes, this is true it could bring interesting things combat wise :

- Night would add more value to all stealth actions (even without stealth, everybody could benefit from hiding in shadows to decrease chances to hit), to dark vision (innate and spell) and light from any source (objects and spells, but it would include lightning and moonlight)
- Weather would add passive effects (heat, cold, unlucky thunderbolt) and could change surfaces (water puddle and mud for rain, ice puddle and snow for snow)

Last edited by Asaliah; 16/11/20 08:00 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard